Lucas Cavallini

section114row20

16 minutes ago, yomurphy1 said:

We're the deepest we've ever been and are calling up CPL guys? I love that the league exists but it's not comparable to MLS, Europe, etc. 

Agreed. I'm not huge on Akindele but he's played for years against top CONCACAF players and comparable in MLS. I also think we would be more likely to see an already trusted player slightly out of position (from our perspective) like Millar at ST before calling in CPL guys.

21 minutes ago, yomurphy1 said:

We're the deepest we've ever been and are calling up CPL guys? I love that the league exists but it's not comparable to MLS, Europe, etc. 

My point is if we need to call-up replacements why wouldn't we just ride the hot hands? Both are in great form right now. 

I don't see it happening personally but I'd love to see it.

3 minutes ago, VinceA said:

My point is if we need to call-up replacements why wouldn't we just ride the hot hands? Both are in great form right now. 

I don't see it happening personally but I'd love to see it.

Are there any Forge players worthy of a call up? They just had some real Concacaf experience.

1 hour ago, yomurphy1 said:

Yeah. I am all for getting more CPL callups, but if anyone is getting called up it is an uninjured Bustos or a fullback. I don't see any Canadian forward dominating enough in CPL to warrant a callup

7 hours ago, king1010 said:

Mo Babouli lol Welshman left us for Guyana :( 

I think, that of CPL players, Mo Babouli would do quite well with CMNT level players. He reads the game well and sometimes quicker than most CPL players. I doubt that Herdman would call him, but he would be a good "risk" on a squad of 26 or 27.

His injury is listed as a minor “day to day “ injury by Vancouver. He practiced with the team yesterday and told reporters he would be a available today.

I think he would likely be available for selection vs. Mexico but probably not heavy minutes. 

Edited by Floortom

20 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

This is my biggest area of concern right now.  We need him to play in Mexico, given no Larin and Hoilett, in order to save David for the latter two games.

I don’t see Cav starting against Mexico and going 60 no matter 90 as he simply doesn’t have the fitness (even before the latest injury).  With our injuries up top and Hoilett out of the Mexico match, I think we need to be resigned to fact that David is likely to start with possibly Davies or Buchanan up top and then Cav or Millar or one of Davies/Buchanan coming it at the 60 minute mark or so.

If Vancouver tries to offload him, then I hope TFC goes for him (doubt Jozy will be around much longer)... The Whitecaps were just never going to be a good fit for him, and unfortunately, its proving out that way. He would be a good fit with TFC, and I'm sure he'd enjoy being closer to his family.

Edited by LeoH037

Good to see an in form guy like Shaffelburg get brought in (Pasher left off) and very pleased to see the frozen-out-in-Vancouver-but-thawed-in-Greece Cornelius getting a recall with the Kennedy injury (perhaps at Waterman's expense?).  Too bad it didn't work out in Vancouver for him but very happy to see a revival here.

Edited by BearcatSA
Oops, wrong thread: I wanted put this inthe Mexico thread

1 hour ago, LeoH037 said:

If Vancouver tries to offload him, then I hope TFC goes for him (doubt Jozy will be around much longer)... The Whitecaps were just never going to be a good fit for him, and unfortunately, its proving out that way. He would be a good fit with TFC, and I'm sure he'd enjoy being closer to his family.

He's on a DP deal.  TFC will never go for that

7 minutes ago, narduch said:

Soteldo for Cav straight up. Assuming Poz can return healthy next season 

Poz is gone. There seems to be a never ending list of excuses why he’s not in the lineup. Bet he gets on the plane back to Europe when the opportunity presents itself.

I think TFC would take Cav on TAM money but they also have Akinola. Not sure they’d want both and Akinola clearly has the upside at this point.