Lucas Cavallini

section114row20

5 hours ago, Stoppage Time said:

I did not mean to hurt the guy, so I ran over him very slowly with my car. I used a slur, but I was only kidding. I hit my partner softly just as a reminder, not to hurt them.  I made sexually inappropriate comments at work, but the person should be able to handle it. I intentionally stepped on a player's head during a soccer game, but only softly. Look how fast the guy got up. Hmm!! The excuses are pathetic. 

I believe your proving my point. I never said he shouldn't be punished, it was a red. I am just saying there was no intent to injure anyone and the rest of you are overreacting like a bunch of misguided white liberals looking for woke points. 

2 hours ago, MauditYvon said:

I agree with that. He went with a dirty elbow check just before stepping on him. Total trash. Not like he’s our first striker option (he is criminally speaking).

Relax, take it easy there Judge Roy Bean.

Edited by Macksam

58 minutes ago, Macksam said:

I believe your proving my point. I never said he shouldn't be punished, it was a red. I am just saying there was no intent to injure anyone and the rest of you are overreacting like a bunch of misguided white liberals looking for woke points.

Oh, you're an actual idiot. My apologies, I didn't realize.

55 minutes ago, Macksam said:

Relax, take it easy there Judge Roy Bean.

I ain’t no white liberal or woke for that matter, but that was clearly a reckless challenge where he intentionally stepped on someone’s head.  That’s just crazy and I fully support a long ban for someone like him that does that as it has no place in the game.

as for going to Qatar, I think the concern is that he has a long track record of being reckless. I was at a whitecaps game early in August where he took a stupid yellow.  There are numerous examples of that in recent memory.  I think the latest is just the icing on the cake.  
Personally, I love what he brings to the men’s team including the physicality and desire. But there is no excuse for his consistent ill discipline which could cost us big time in Qatar. You can be extremely physical without losing your mind and doing stupid things. They are not mutually exclusive.  Whether he is dropped (for who?), I don’t know but I wouldn’t blame Herdman if he did it. Not everything should be seen through the lense of left/right politics.

1 hour ago, Macksam said:

Cleats in the face, right after he tried to hit him with a flailing elbow that was 100% intentional.  He could have stepped over him, and 99% of players would have.  That'll earn him a long suspension..it wasnt just a red.  That'll stick in refs heads for a long time.  

GEEESSH.  What does being white, woke or liberal have to do with this. 

10 hours ago, costarg said:

This guy was putting up good numbers in Liga MX, the talent is there.  My feeling is he's just not suited to VWC and needs out.  

3 years ago. He’s recorded more cards than goal contributions in each of his last three seasons.

He also hasn’t been banging them in for Canada either. He has played 517 minutes since (including) the Suriname game. That encompasses all meaningful World Cup qualifiers, the Gold Cup, and Nations League. He started 5 of those games. In that span, he has 1 goal (the 4-0 tap-in against a hapless Curaçao), 1 assist (4-1 goal vs Martinique), and 4 cards. Scoring isn’t all of what a striker does, but if we’re bringing him to be an impact sub, the required impact better not be scoring a goal.

If we need a target man, and I’m not convinced we do, Tesho is hot right now with none of the red card potential. He’s more meat and potatoes, but he actually looked quicker than Cav on his breakaway the other day. If we don’t need a target player, throw in an extra wide player and use the September window to experiment with who among the wingers can play centrally if needed. We have no shortage of talented young forwards who deserve the chance more than Cav at this point.

Edited by footballfreak

i guess if you leave him out, who is your 4th striker.  Akinola would be the obvious like for like replacement but he is so out of form I just can’t see him being selected.  Akindele is on better form but honestly, not great.  And I just don’t think Herdman rates him.  I think its more likely we just go with David, Larin and Ugbo especially as we have seen Herdman frequently use Davies and Buchanan up front as well (and a bit of Hoilett).  And then that opens the door open for both Koleosho and Corbeanu (as well as Millar).

At the end of the day, I suspect that Herdman will quietly meet with him one on one in Vancouver at some point over the next couple of months and give Cavallini the chance to convince him that he has understood the error of his ways.

7 hours ago, frmr said:

Oh, you're an actual idiot. My apologies, I didn't realize.

Oh no boy, what did you just do? I know you wrote "you're an actual idiot." But what everyone actually sees is "I'm having a crisis of masculinity, please help me Macksam."

I will bro, I am going to help you regain it. It's not going to be easy, you will curse my name once more after seeing this, and a few more times after that, but we will make it.

First lesson will be this Thursday morning, 9:30 am sharp on the south west corner of York and Bremner, be there. Your training will begin. 

7 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Cleats in the face, right after he tried to hit him with a flailing elbow that was 100% intentional.  He could have stepped over him, and 99% of players would have.  That'll earn him a long suspension..it wasnt just a red.  That'll stick in refs heads for a long time.  

GEEESSH.  What does being white, woke or liberal have to do with this. 

I said acting like one, I didn't say anybody was one.

1 hour ago, An Observer said:

i guess if you leave him out, who is your 4th striker.  Akinola would be the obvious like for like replacement but he is so out of form I just can’t see him being selected.  Akindele is on better form but honestly, not great.  And I just don’t think Herdman rates him.  I think its more likely we just go with David, Larin and Ugbo especially as we have seen Herdman frequently use Davies and Buchanan up front as well (and a bit of Hoilett).  And then that opens the door open for both Koleosho and Corbeanu (as well as Millar).

At the end of the day, I suspect that Herdman will quietly meet with him one on one in Vancouver at some point over the next couple of months and give Cavallini the chance to convince him that he has understood the error of his ways.

One of the classic narratives that I have heard for literally decades, is that a player can go into a national team camp to get a break from and distance himself from his club situation. 

Not only that, but in successive cases I have followed in Spain, with most of the leading NT coaches, players who are not featuring for their clubs or are playing in another position are brought in to start, and often play in a position the NT coach feels they are more suited to. So the NT coach oxygenates with the call up.

This will then irritate fans of certain clubs, as their more deserving guy gets ignored, or the guy they are ignoring who is sitting on the bench gets a boost from the NT.

So it is mistaken to think that the NT coach should have to follow the club situation overly closely, and in fact, it could be argued it is better he doesn't. The whole business of Herdman trusting the back line to Johnston-Vitoria-Miller, when just a year ago we were really unsure about that combo and their club profiles were only mediocre, is a good example. 

It could be argued that Herdman looking at a striker take a dumb red for a club should just plain ignore it, and even better, channel it. 

If Cav didn’t get on the plane I suspect we would go with David, Larin,and Ugbo - and then round out the extra position with an attacking mid.  We have seen Davies play way upfield and it was pretty successful - and with our midfield attacking talent (our area of greatest depth) I suspect Herman would rather adjust his formation and get a quality mid on the field rather than try to call on someone that would not be ready to perform on that sort of stage.  I am rooting for Akinola but there has been nothing in his recent TFC performances to make me think that he could play an effective role against a top 32(ish) team in the world. 

13 hours ago, Macksam said:

the rest of you are overreacting like a bunch of misguided white liberals looking for woke points.

I am with you on Cavallini but I don't understand why your political tribe comes into a discussion about soccer. Also, white and woke seems to define both the angry left and right in current times.

4 hours ago, Macksam said:

Oh no boy, what did you just do? I know you wrote "you're an actual idiot." But what everyone actually sees is "I'm having a crisis of masculinity, please help me Macksam."

I will bro, I am going to help you regain it. It's not going to be easy, you will curse my name once more after seeing this, and a few more times after that, but we will make it.

First lesson will be this Thursday morning, 9:30 am sharp on the south west corner of York and Bremner, be there. Your training will begin. 

This is super cringey.

4 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Ok back on topic.

1) I assume the MLS disciplinary committee will provide us with the length of his suspension tomorrow. They announce things on Wednesdays, right?

2) There are 4 matches before the September window, and if we assume that the Whitecaps don't make the playoffs, then there are only 2 more after that.

Has anyone reported that it is being looked at?

59 minutes ago, RS said:

This is super cringey.

Being cringey is generally acting out of emotion. Calling someone an idiot while most likely shaking and quivering behind a keyboard would fall into that. 

Being calm, cool and collected is the opposite of that. I could have reacted with name calling myself but I was rather amused with his response and decided to scratch beneath the surface on why frmr decided to react with such vitriol. 

This pic sums up frmr:

newspress-collage-22092484-1651282105383.jpg

This is what I responded with: 

tumblr_248416fb2ec76baf257c68d5c5c750ec_5a8a5119_1280.jpg

Again, 9:30 am on Thursday @frmr

I am going to elevate you, make you a better you.

Edited by Macksam

Just now, Macksam said:

Being cringey is generally acting out of emotion. Calling someone an idiot while most likely shaking and quivering behind a keyboard would fall into that. 

Being calm, cool and collected is the opposite of that. I could have reacted with name calling myself but I was rather amused with his response and decided to scratch beneath the surface on why frmr decided to react with such vitriol. 

This pic sums up frmr:

newspress-collage-22092484-1651282105383.jpg

tumblr_248416fb2ec76baf257c68d5c5c750ec_5a8a5119_1280.jpg

You say stupid shit, you get called an idiot. Pretty simple. No emotion on my end.