Lucas Cavallini

section114row20

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

So far in the Vancouver - CFM game Cav has elbowed Kone in the face, shoved Miller to the ground and scored a goal that was ruled offside.  

He always keeps in interesting.  

Missed a bicycle kick entirely, ball falls to White, who scores. The game certainly has swung in Vancouver's favour since he came on.

• 4 weeks later...

I don’t mean this as a criticism, but he probably realizes that there are only so many spots on the Qatar roster for attackers and that some of the young guns are hunting for his spot.  I wouldn’t doubt that he is training really hard this season to make sure he has the kind of season that will ensure his spot on the plane.  Larin and David are a clear top 2, with Ugbo now playing at a very competitive level.   With Akinola now back in the picture as well, Cav will want to make absolutely sure that he gets to play in the big show. I wouldn’t be surprised if he has a really solid year for the Caps 

Edited by dyslexic nam

55 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I don’t mean this as a criticism, but he probably realizes that there are only so many spots on the Qatar roster for attackers and that some of the young guns are hunting for his spot.  I wouldn’t doubt that he is training really hard this season to make sure he has the kind of season that will ensure his spot on the plane.  Larin and David are a clear top 2, with Ugbo now playing at a very competitive level.   With Akinola now back in the picture as well, Cav will want to make absolutely sure that he gets to play in the big show. I wouldn’t be surprised if he has a really solid year for the Caps 

Yup, that's absolutely what it looked like tonight. He's been getting better as this season has gone on, and this was his best performance by far. And there was no dumb yellow card, the other aspect of his game he needs to work on.

4 hours ago, TGAA_Star said:

Lucas Cavallini at best he comes with us to Qatar but he's at best a super sub. But if he continues this form with the Whitecaps, he could make a case for himself in Qatar as far as being in the starting XI especially if he keeps this up.

I don't think anyone is thinking he'd start in Qatar baring injury. But heading in to this season even a spot in the team was starting to be up for debate.