Moise Bombito

phresh

1 hour ago, Fullback said:

Hasn’t Bombito played at fullback in his appearances with the Rapids? I know the game he got sent off in he was

If Fotmob is to believed in his last 3 starts he's played as a LB in a back 4, a LM in a 3-5-2 and a LCB in a back 3

12 minutes ago, Borjans Sweatpants said:

Kind of a side note, but this was surprising to me:

Both Bombito and Davies are essentially the same age, born in the year 2000 (Bombito in March and Phonzy in November).

I feel like we see Moise as a teenager or something because of his inexperience, when it’s just a result of the college / Super Draft route I guess.

Even outside of the college route, he’s 1 of 5 new debutants that didn’t play in a youth camp. Meaning they were “surprises” as no one knew about them, where as we’ve been following Davies for a long time (for obvious reasons).

1 hour ago, Shway said:

Even outside of the college route, he’s 1 of 5 new debutants that didn’t play in a youth camp. Meaning they were “surprises” as no one knew about them, where as we’ve been following Davies for a long time (for obvious reasons).

Like Kone, he's another guy who played in the PLSQ not that long ago. Farsi is another, though that was quite a few years back now. 

21 hours ago, Fullback said:

Hasn’t Bombito played at fullback in his appearances with the Rapids? I know the game he got sent off in he was

I could be wrong, but I thought colorado has played in a back 3 in all of the games bombito played in. Hes played as a wingback though if thats what you are referring to... i think? 

2 hours ago, kingvikingstad said:

He was a standout performer to me. He oozes potential. I can see him as a DM or a CB. Whichever he plays, I'd just prefer he sticks with one and becomes the best version of it.

I don't see him as a DM.  He just doesn't have that 360 degree feel and first touch needed when under pressure in possession.  If you are looking for a guy just to do closing down defensive work in that role, then fine, but I fear that he would be a guy who would cough up the ball too much at bad times and locations.  As a CB, when in possession, the field is in front of you most of the time, not coming at you in all directions like at DM.  And with that, technical ability is at a premium to excel in that role.  

I would personally like to see him develop as a CB at club level.  He's athletic with recovery wheels so he can snuff out those route one balls that plagued our back line incumbents prior to and during the WC.

4 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

I don't see him as a DM.  He just doesn't have that 360 degree feel and first touch needed when under pressure in possession.  If you are looking for a guy just to do closing down defensive work in that role, then fine, but I fear that he would be a guy who would cough up the ball too much at bad times and locations.  As a CB, when in possession, the field is in front of you most of the time, not coming at you in all directions like at DM.  And with that, technical ability is at a premium to excel in that role.  

I would personally like to see him develop as a CB at club level.  He's athletic with recovery wheels so he can snuff out those route one balls that plagued our back line incumbents prior to and during the WC.

You’ve brought back the anxiety of a younger me being moved out of the back because it was thought I was good enough on the ball to play as a DM for some games. The game seems so much simpler when playing at the back vs when you are pushed into the midfield, and I’m talking at a significantly lower level. 

3 hours ago, maccaliam said:

You’ve brought back the anxiety of a younger me being moved out of the back because it was thought I was good enough on the ball to play as a DM for some games. The game seems so much simpler when playing at the back vs when you are pushed into the midfield, and I’m talking at a significantly lower level. 

Yep. As a very amateur version of Kimmich myself, RB who was attempted at CDM, adjusting to having to receive the ball from behind you and pivot to turn upfield rather than almost always moving forward with the ball (other than the occasional pass from the keeper) can be a difficult adjustment. I couldn't even imagine with a high press.

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

Bombito redeemed himself last night. I rolled my eyes when I saw him starting in midfield (again), but he looked better against a better team. Needs to get reps at Colorado now. I want him to earn his calls and not just be a pet-project by Herdman and co.

Sounds good in theory. But maybe Herdman needs a new one. 
He's always had a few for years, and I don't mind it being someone who is showing promise and has actually performed well.