Moise Bombito

phresh

2 minutes ago, kacbru said:

I know people have commented on the lack of depth in the CMNT, but I don't think the solution is ensuring that anyone, can play any position, at any time.

Positional versatility is great and in my opinion most managers would do well not to be so dogmatic with how they position their players. 

But major switches in role should not be tried out in important matches for the national team.

Edited by jonovision

2 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Positional versatility is great and in my opinion most managers would do well not to be so dogmatic with how they position their players. 

But major switches in role should not be tried out in important matches for the national team.

Formation versatility is great and in my opinion most managers would do well not to be so dogmatic with how they set up their team.

When you complain about lack of prep time, and when you have a group that have largely never been together before, it is not the time to put them in a new position.  Either shift the formation to accommodate the players you have, or you pick players to fit your formation you are going to go with.  

But 100% agree - frustrating that the Gold Cup is seen as the time to experiment.

10 hours ago, jonovision said:

Especially when the players aren't familiar with each other.

11 hours ago, jonovision said:

When will we ever play a less important competitive match than last night? If ever there was a time to get creative, last night was the night.

Hmm, for me, being creative would be having 3 CDN debuts in the starting 11, yeah!!  Putting guys out of position and not giving them the best chance to integrate with the vets and do well (for themselves and the team) is just shooting yourself in the foot. Is it me or does the roster and sub decisions just get stranger and stranger?  

Calling Fraser in and having static pre ordained subs is not being creative, its lazy and poor management.  How can herdman give these speeches about players pushing themselves to higher leagues, being in winning enviroments and then call in Fraser and have him be the first guy off the bench? At what point does a brotherhood become just an old boys club? I cant imagine what Loturi is thinking to himself today...

22 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

At what point does a brotherhood become just an old boys club? I cant imagine what Loturi is thinking to himself today...

Don't forget all the boys back home!  Ugbo, Sirois, Piette, Choiniere, every LB outside of Adekugbe and Davies, and freakin ARFIELD!

How does a coach keep repeating Europe, high-level and winning and then justify bringing Brym and Fraser?

Edited by costarg

28 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Moïse Bombito is just a few months older than Noble Okello.

Is Herdman trying to turn Bombito into the midfield player many collectively hoped Okello would be? (Although Bombito is slightly shorter)

Thought crossed my mind as well. I also found myself thinking "Kaye replacement".

The thing about Kaye is that he was great in his early-to-mid 20s when he still had his legs. But he's losing them at a relatively young age, which means he doesn't have the same range and utility that he once had, especially defensively. To be honest I think losing that athleticism is the root of his lack of sharpness. When you get tired physically, you lose your sharpness.

Bombito really feels like an attempted Kaye replacement. 

3 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Hmm, for me, being creative would be having 3 CDN debuts in the starting 11, yeah!!  Putting guys out of position and not giving them the best chance to integrate with the vets and do well (for themselves and the team) is just shooting yourself in the foot. Is it me or does the roster and sub decisions just get stranger and stranger?  

Calling Fraser in and having static pre ordained subs is not being creative, its lazy and poor management.  How can herdman give these speeches about players pushing themselves to higher leagues, being in winning enviroments and then call in Fraser and have him be the first guy off the bench? At what point does a brotherhood become just an old boys club? I cant imagine what Loturi is thinking to himself today...

I agree with the shooting yourself in the foot buuut I can see some logic. 
Starting mcgraw, bombito and miller in a back 3 is very experimental. It makes sense to start only 1 of them as RCB. Mcgraw playing capties him.

Clearly Loturi has not done enough to impress in the camps as he keeps getting overlooked. This game was probably a step too high for him. Hopefully he gets minutes in the next 2 games but I would probably sub in fraser over loturi at this current moment (although im easily persuaded otherwise).

At the same time, its nice to get a look at bombito so even out of position, its better to get him on the field than have him on the bench. He was thrown in the deep end and looked fine as a 6. 

IMO we should never play mcgraw RCB again - only Centrally. Id love bombito as a rcb as well.

Im not sure if all the subs were preplanned. Zator for laryea in the 90th seems like an odd one to be preplanned? 

17 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

I agree with the shooting yourself in the foot buuut I can see some logic. 
Starting mcgraw, bombito and miller in a back 3 is very experimental. It makes sense to start only 1 of them as RCB. Mcgraw playing capties him.

Clearly Loturi has not done enough to impress in the camps as he keeps getting overlooked. This game was probably a step too high for him. Hopefully he gets minutes in the next 2 games but I would probably sub in fraser over loturi at this current moment (although im easily persuaded otherwise).

At the same time, its nice to get a look at bombito so even out of position, its better to get him on the field than have him on the bench. He was thrown in the deep end and looked fine as a 6. 

IMO we should never play mcgraw RCB again - only Centrally. Id love bombito as a rcb as well.

Im not sure if all the subs were preplanned. Zator for laryea in the 90th seems like an odd one to be preplanned? 

Zator at 90 minutes up 2-1 is a low risk introduction. Unfortunately that risk became reality. Not because Zator was particularly at fault, but there'll be questions from some whether he should have closed down quicker. 

Loturi I think will get his chance. I suspect it's less about him and more about Bombito. With Fraser I think it's arguably a different profile. Liam is more of a deep lying playmaker who will spray long balls. Arguably that was more of what we needed during the game at the time. Would have loved to see Loturi though. 

20 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Zator at 90 minutes up 2-1 is a low risk introduction. Unfortunately that risk became reality. Not because Zator was particularly at fault, but there'll be questions from some whether he should have closed down quicker. 

Loturi I think will get his chance. I suspect it's less about him and more about Bombito. With Fraser I think it's arguably a different profile. Liam is more of a deep lying playmaker who will spray long balls. Arguably that was more of what we needed during the game at the time. Would have loved to see Loturi though. 

100% agree with what you say about zator.... but what if the score is 0-0 or 0-1 for them. Would we really have subbed laryea for zator to score a 90th minute winner? Im just saying that the zator sub did not feel preplanned, it felt low risk and in the moment like you said. 

Also agree with Loturi. I feel like theres always been reasons loturi doesnt get in. I just dont think hes quite ready. He has some good upside but there has to be a reason why hes consistently overlooked. 

Just now, Bigandy said:

100% agree with what you say about zator.... but what if the score is 0-0 or 0-1 for them. Would we really have subbed laryea for zator to score a 90th minute winner? Im just saying that the zator sub did not feel preplanned, it felt low risk and in the moment like you said. 

Also agree with Loturi. I feel like theres always been reasons loturi doesnt get in. I just dont think hes quite ready. He has some good upside but there has to be a reason why hes consistently overlooked. 

Agree with Zator.

And you could be right on Loturi. It's also just his 3rd camp and the first 2 camps were A-selections where there was no realistic expectation of playing time, just learning the ropes. The fact he was brought in multiple times ahead of this actually make me think they are high on him, because if they weren't they could have just brought someone else into those camps in his place. 

That said, if he doesn't see the field next game I will definitely have questions. I feel he could even start to shake things up. Guatemala are not a big or physical side like Guadelope, so perhaps the need for Bombito is not the same, if you know what I mean. Not saying he won't play, just saying that was the match to start him at DM given the opponent. 

12 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Agree with Zator.

And you could be right on Loturi. It's also just his 3rd camp and the first 2 camps were A-selections where there was no realistic expectation of playing time, just learning the ropes. The fact he was brought in multiple times ahead of this actually make me think they are high on him, because if they weren't they could have just brought someone else into those camps in his place. 

That said, if he doesn't see the field next game I will definitely have questions. I feel he could even start to shake things up. Guatemala are not a big or physical side like Guadelope, so perhaps the need for Bombito is not the same, if you know what I mean. Not saying he won't play, just saying that was the match to start him at DM given the opponent. 

You dont get picked for nations league unless you have high potential. Loturi beat out Kaye amongst others. Fingers crossed he starts against guatemala.

Bombito in midfield reminds me of when the late Paul Mariner started CB Aaron Maund alongside Dad Bod Dunners in TFC's midfield in 2012.

The thing is:  he is a real newbie to the pro game and they still prefer him in that role ahead of Loturi.  

On 6/28/2023 at 2:03 PM, Obinna said:

Liam is more of a deep lying playmaker who will spray long balls. Arguably that was more of what we needed during the game at the time.

But he really hasn't shown any of that passing range he demonstrated at TFC and certainly didn't last night.  He was just another "guy out" there with limited dimensions to his game.

4 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Doesnt have any quality on the ball IMO..doesnt know where to go with it or cant connect when he does.

I really dont see the optimism in developing him as a CM but i'm only going off what I've seen these last few matches

I said the experiment should be done, for now. 

In theory the game gets a bit slower as you gain experience at a level. Right now he looked just slightly panicked when the ball came to him, hence the lack of quality with the ball.  That can be overcome.

He has the physical tools, he did win a number of headers that were pumped into midfield and was able to use his strength to keep the ball even when he was caught on it.  That is what you expect of a centre back playing there, you could say, but there were positives for sure.

1 hour ago, sose said:

Bombito on the right with Laryea RWB and Ahmed RM looked decent combining with each other. 

I would stick with him at the right of a back 3 for this tournament.

Agreed!

I like he combining and fluidity I was seeing.

Our left side was dead. I think because everyone is right footed and kept cutting  inside, Vs being able to mix it up or drive the line.