Moise Bombito

phresh

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

JH willing to include new and young players with high potential and growing the squad. He could have taken the safe route and gone with Waterman or  MacNaughton

I think it shows how highly he is rated. Sucks for Waterman and MacNaugton. Great to get Moise in and around the camp even if it's unlikely he sees minutes in the NL.

9 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

I wonder if the gold cup rosters are already locked in and Herdman wanted to play nice with MLS coaches by not taking one of their guys for both tournaments. You’d expect Waterman or Hiebert here. 

Montreal doesn't have a match next weekend. 

Nashville and St. Louis do however 

Just now, narduch said:

Montreal doesn't have a match next weekend. 

Nashville and St. Louis do however 

No but Montreal has a game during the gold cup I think? You’re basically taking Waterman out of Montreal’s training for 3 weeks, giving him more opportunities to get hurt, and not to mention Montreal’s coach is very intense about training.

just speculation, but I think Herdman has to give and take with coaches especially at clubs where we draw a ton of players from- if Waterman goes down at Nations League or the Gold Cup, Montreal is in big trouble.

Or maybe our other guys already booked their tickets to Cancún for the week and didn’t feel like playing. 

1 hour ago, InglewoodJack said:

I wonder if the gold cup rosters are already locked in and Herdman wanted to play nice with MLS coaches by not taking one of their guys for both tournaments. You’d expect Waterman or Hiebert here. 

🔽

On 5/25/2023 at 4:05 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

According to the rules document, the "Prelims" are counted as part of "The Competition", which means:

The final 23-man squad is due Tuesday, June 6th (If I have made a mistake and the "Prelims" are not counted, that final squad would be due Wednesday, June 14th)

1 hour ago, CanadaFan123 said:

I trust Herdman’s eye for talent. Bombito has that X factor with the combination of his physicality and technique. Macnaughton and Waterman don’t have much room for growth, especially given their ages, and neither are complete defenders.

I think Herdman and his staff have had enough of a look at the other two to assess their strengths and weaknesses of what they can do at the international level and what he needs for his system.  I think this is an inspiring choice:  I would have thought quite differently if he brought ìn Henry.

And he has earned a spot, by playing and impressing regularly at club level.  Good on him!

• 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Has he ever played as a #6 for Colorado or in college? Taking a rookie pro and playing him in a new position in his first National cap is.....

I know people have commented on the lack of depth in the CMNT, but I don't think the solution is ensuring that anyone, can play any position, at any time.