Moise Bombito

phresh

53 minutes ago, Macksam said:

Gold Cup for him as well. It's great all these guys are picking up steam in their careers just in time for these upcoming national team games. 

Unless he plays consistently between now and the Gold Cup, I highly doubt it (and even then it’s unlikely).   Just not enough of a track record at the pro level to warrant it 

1 hour ago, An Observer said:

Unless he plays consistently between now and the Gold Cup, I highly doubt it (and even then it’s unlikely).   Just not enough of a track record at the pro level to warrant it 

Normally true, but it all depends on how he performs over the games he plays. If JH sees something special in him it's possible.... just like Kone. He's a CB so a little more of a challenge re  pro experience.

14 hours ago, Obinna said:

Heibert was light on experience and Herdman called him up, so wouldn't rule out Bombito.

Heibert started a number of matches out of the gate and performed very well on an undefeated team. Spot minutes won’t do it. And likely even a string of starts won’t. But I too am not 100% ruling it out.  Just very unlikely (unless we continue to get injuries in that position)

6 hours ago, Bison44 said:

I like to see young guys rewarded, but with Heibert emerging, McNaughton playing well and Zator.Waterman,cornelius etc staking their claims, getting a CB call up isnt as easy as it was just a few months ago.  

I agree 100% but I think waterman, mcnaughton, and zator are not viewed as anything more than squad players....if that unless they improve quite a bit (which could very well happen). Theres clearly been a reluctance to play any of them for CMNT.

Miller and kennedy (assuming vitoria is gone in a year or 2) are the only stable CB's with cornelius likely to be added to that group.

The jury is still out on Hiebert. 

A guy like Bombito could easily perform at a similar level to waterman etc in the mls in his first season while being 3ish years younger. I dont know much about him but it seems like he could have a much more physical profile at 6'3" and is right footed. He could easily take the RCB spot thats up for grabs. 

Ya theres more quantity at RCB these days but none of the options are currently at the CMNT level. 

6 hours ago, Bigandy said:

A guy like Bombito could easily perform at a similar level to waterman etc in the mls in his first season while being 3ish years younger. I dont know much about him but it seems like he could have a much more physical profile at 6'3" and is right footed. He could easily take the RCB spot thats up for grabs. 

He could...but if the jury is out on Heibert, they are wayyyyy out on Bombito, who has played 30min in MLS.  Waterman is in his 4th year with Montreal, the other CB's are upping their game etc.  My point was there are now several CB's playing MLS level soccer now, and they are all fighting for that 3-4th CB spot.  I'd love for him to get a run of games and get a call, its a busy summer and we'll prob need all these youngish CBs.  

31 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

He could...but if the jury is out on Heibert, they are wayyyyy out on Bombito, who has played 30min in MLS.  Waterman is in his 4th year with Montreal, the other CB's are upping their game etc.  My point was there are now several CB's playing MLS level soccer now, and they are all fighting for that 3-4th CB spot.  I'd love for him to get a run of games and get a call, its a busy summer and we'll prob need all these youngish CBs.  

Oh for sure the jury is waaay out. I just have a really tough time seeing waterman developing high enough that he can stake a claim to play minutes for CMNT before theres someone else who may be slightly worse but higher potential. Hiebert already has surpassed him and mcnaughton. It wont be long before a bombito or another guy does as well. 

TBH, i just dont think herdman trusts zator, waterman or mcnaughton. Maybe he is forced to play them but he has gone out of his way to avoid fielding these guys. 

33 minutes ago, Jack1997 said:

Since it wasn’t mentioned yet, He played 73’ in a 1-0 Loss, He had 7.7 on FotMob and 7.4 SofaScore, on both sites he was by far the best player on the team.

With only seeing highlights of him, I think hes the most likely CB to start contributing to CMNT. When vitoria leaves we have heibert, waterman, mcnaughton as RCB and I am highly skeptical of waterman or mcnaughton playing significant roles. 

14 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

With only seeing highlights of him, I think hes the most likely CB to start contributing to CMNT. When vitoria leaves we have heibert, waterman, mcnaughton as RCB and I am highly skeptical of waterman or mcnaughton playing significant roles. 

Isn't Heibert left footed?

19 hours ago, Bigandy said:

I believe hes right footed but often plays on the left. 

No way, he’s left foot dominant and comfortable using his right foot. Youth, College to pro he’s always playing on the  left side….I know this because I watched his highlight videos on YouTube lol. 

2 hours ago, Shway said:

No way, he’s left foot dominant and comfortable using his right foot. Youth, College to pro he’s always playing on the  left side….I know this because I watched his highlight videos on YouTube lol. 

Tbh I have no idea. But this is what I found on hiebert.
https://www.ncsasports.org/mens-soccer-recruiting/manitoba/winnipeg/glenlawn-collegiate/kyle-hiebert

It says he is right footed but who knows if this page is accurate. But watch his highlights. He mostly dribble with his right foot as he goes down the left. No player would dribble with their weak foot on the the defenders side as you show them the ball. His intial reaction is to use his right foot more often than his left. He clearly can use his left quite well and even better since his high school days. He now may be more accustomed to playing on the left but if I had to scout him, I would deduce hes right footed based on the video i posted.  

1 hour ago, Ruffian said:

Watching this video it seems like he is strong with both feet but I would say he favours his right in these clips.

Hes obviously comfortable with both feet but I have seen moments where he uses his right foot when the left would be more favourable but no examples of using his left when the right is more comfortable. I think hes right footed.

28 minutes ago, Pottsy3 said:

Subbed into the back three  just after half last night. He’s been earning rave reviews on Twitter, with Rapids fans demanding he starts going forward.

At 6’3, 185 lbs he’s being praised for his physicality but also his speed. 

I love the sound of this.  Thanks for sharing.

I think people often forget that he was tagged as a Generation Adidas player out of college.  One of only a handful of players every year selected.  Of all the Canadian players to be drafted in the MLS, the only other Generation Adidas players are Cyle Larin (2015), Richie Laryea (2016), Adonijah Reid & Shamit Shone (2017), Tajon Buchanon & Dayne St Clair (2019) & Ryan Raposo (2020).  That is a total of 7 Canadians before Bombito.  Of those 7 players, four are regular callups every Canada camp.  Shamit Shone has been capped before & Raposo has been included in preliminary rosters and is currently playing at a high level with Vancouver.  Reid is the only arguable bust of the group in terms of Canadian international level with Shome to some degree as well (tbh, despite GA tags, both Reid & Shome were drafted in the 2nd round while the other 6 players have all been top 10 draftees).

Point being, if the Generation Adidas Tag is any gage on how Bombito will pan out, he looks to be on the right path.  Even as MLS Drafts are becoming less and less important for MLS clubs.  Bombito also happened to be drafted 3rd this past year, higher than all previous Canadians aside from Larin.

Edited by Corazon