Moise Bombito

phresh

Nice to see the Bombito thread bumped. Was thinking a little bit about him, question where he stands and if he comes back in for November. He is out of season and last match he didn't feature.

I have been critical of Biello for not capping LDF, but in a similar and lesser way I could say the same about Bombito. Why didn't we find minutes for him in that match? I get bringing on Vitoria to an extent, but why not bring him on later instead of bringing on Brym?

You know, maybe it wasn't the case of LDF not being ready to play, maybe it really was about rewarding Brym. I mean, he's stepped up for sure and is looking to be a legit Eredivisie forward, which is great and I love what he's been doing, but he also had 11 caps already and many, many camp invites. If we weren't going to use that chance to cap LDF, we could have used it to blood Bombito a bit more and give him much needed experience. 

At the end of the day, looking at the last roster and considering he didn't play, considering Colorado are inactive, and considering he doesn't have much experience to draw upon to begin with, I think he may be rotated out.

We can only register 23 as per NL rules (apparently) so Eustaquio comes back to make it 23, Buchanan comes back to make it 24, and you drop one. Will that be Paton? He's playing at least for Motherwell. Will that be Oso? I think he is too entrenched in the squad so the inactivity won't deter Biello from calling him. Will that be Choniere, inactive but coming off a career year including being named an All Star? Somehow I doubt it. Bombito seems to be the next logical name to drop.....

The funny thing too is that like LDF he is a CB who can play fullback, so if we see Bombito and no LDF it may be unclear if that is coaches decision or players decision (as in he is not committed). Bombito is bigger and stronger and maybe faster than LDF and has more reps with the team. As much as I want LDF locked down if Biello figures Bombito is the right choice for this opponent I would kind of get it.

Edited by Obinna

37 minutes ago, FC_Hali said:

Would love to see that happen, despite TFC being a huge mess. I think he can be elite with some quality coaching. 

Until TFC proves it can sort its shit out, I don’t want a single Canadian prospect going there.  Herdman may have done good things with Canada but TFC is a train wreck.  That kind of wage bill and that kind of (consistently horrible) performance is a huge red flag.  

10 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

I thought the same about Fraser. A guy that Herdman clearly loves and should be available. It seems like a no brainer.

I would love to see Fraser get a shot at CB, weren't there murmurings that he had already played a little CB?  imagine him and Bombito both developing on the same team as a dual CB combo.  Would love it if Herdman could pull that off.

12 hours ago, gigi riva said:

Bombito shouild go to CF Montreal they seem to do a decent job with Canadian  talent 

Not to mention, he’s a local too. Montreal fielded lineups with 5 or 6 Quebecers last year, would be great to see Bombito get a shot. I assume Corbo is eventually going to make his way back to Bologna, would be an interesting replacement.

20 minutes ago, VinceA said:

I'd rather more Canadians be on American MLS teams. I don't really want to see Canadians competing with other Canadians for playing time.

I would rather see Canadian players playing lots of meaningful minutes in MLS regardless of the team to which they have signed. I am not convinced quite yet that US teams, as a single factor, are a better place for Canadians to gain minutes and to improve their game. Perhaps there are some stats that will clarify this.

24 minutes ago, VinceA said:

I'd rather more Canadians be on American MLS teams. I don't really want to see Canadians competing with other Canadians for playing time.

Agree with this in principle, but I think there may be a spot for Bombito to continue developing as a CB for his hometown club.

That said, there is a limit. When there isn't space for more Canadians and they end up sitting on the bench, I'd rather they go to another side but get regular minutes. 

21 hours ago, Stoppage Time said:

I would rather see Canadian players playing lots of meaningful minutes in MLS regardless of the team to which they have signed. I am not convinced quite yet that US teams, as a single factor, are a better place for Canadians to gain minutes and to improve their game. Perhaps there are some stats that will clarify this.

I don’t think it’s that US teams are better, it’s just that it’s a lot easier for Canadian players to break through with one of the three Canadian teams than any American one, so if Bombito goes to TFC, say, he might be taking minutes away from a young Canadian player trying to break into the squad whereas if he goes to a US team, it’s likely that he’s taking minutes away from an American or international player. 

Hypothetically, every Canadian that leaves a Canadian team for an American one could be opening up a roster spot for a new Canadian player to break into the squad, so having our players spread across American teams is a good way to increase the number of Canadians in the league. 

As much as I would love to see him develop under Herdman in Toronto, I'd rather him grow in Colorado or somewhere else in MLS.  With two bright young, Canadian prospects Pearlman & Stefanovic waiting in the wings, I'd rather see them get them further development in the next couple seasons.  I do think you will see Herdman go after a few other Canadian internationals though.

1 hour ago, Corazon said:

As much as I would love to see him develop under Herdman in Toronto, I'd rather him grow in Colorado or somewhere else in MLS.  With two bright young, Canadian prospects Pearlman & Stefanovic waiting in the wings, I'd rather see them get them further development in the next couple seasons.  I do think you will see Herdman go after a few other Canadian internationals though.

He can’t, when I check transfermarket I don’t see any available on a free 

Just now, Dominic94 said:

He can’t, when I check transfermarket I don’t see any available on a free 

Hoilett pops in my mind (hopefully after 6 months in the Championship).  Which should also explain that I mean over the course of the next year and a half.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Did anyone watch Bombito play yesterday?

I watched it on and off (while avoiding the Oilers' game).

Not directly responsible for any of the goals and picked up (probably) a smart yellow because his man was off on the break for his hatrick (I think). 

I am just getting back into MLS but, overall, either Portland is very good offensively or that is a tough defence for Bombito to be a part of right now.

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

I watched most of the game and was impressed with his pace in recovery (especially compared to McGraw). He is very active on set pieces as well and had a good chance to score. Very vocal player. Yapping at the ref a lot.

There was a lot of scrambling on the Colorado defense but it seemed like he wasn't always in the best position to defend. Collectively, they were a hot mess.

I can see why Herdman was high on him, though.