WCQ: Aruba vs Canada - Saturday, June 5th, 8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific - IMG Academy, FL

1 minute ago, Shway said:

Why wasn’t the taxi list revealed too?

Why does everything have to be a facking secret/closed/-door bullshit. We the fans are already limited, why do they make things more difficult. 

Then we get to play spot the player when the training pics come out.

But I agree 

20 minutes ago, Shway said:

Why wasn’t the taxi list revealed too?

Why does everything have to be a facking secret/closed/-door bullshit. We the fans are already limited, why do they make things more difficult. 

Probably to see if anyone gets injured this weekend in MLS.

I see more of a prospects team at the GC or bench vet guys trying to get some exposure for moves to other clubs.  I think a few MLS vets who are on the outside of the WC squad might decide to sit it out, especially considering the fixture congestion for some of their clubs during that stretch around the tourney.  If a player is trying to maintain his starting spot, he might think twice.  However, if Cornelius is still on the Caps bench as 4th choice CB, he'd be there to get himself in the shop window.

2 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

Baldi and Priso deserve to be there over Fraser

This is oddest selection by Herdman. Fraser isn't even in the 18 for Columbus today vs Toronto. Priso and Baldisimo are at least part-time starters and first off the bench players for their teams. Both are in decent form. Both Priso and Baldisimo deserve to be on the roster ahead of Fraser.

3 minutes ago, Northvansteve said:

This is oddest selection by Herdman. Fraser isn't even in the 18 for Columbus today vs Toronto. Priso and Baldisimo are at least part-time starters and first off the bench players for their teams. Both are in decent form. Both Priso and Baldisimo deserve to be on the roster ahead of Fraser.

To be fair to Fraser, he’s ineligible to play against tfc because they’re his parent club.

21 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

I think Fraser makes sense in that besides Piette there isn't really a ball winning presence in the midfield. Herdman knows what Fraser is about and offers more physicality than the other players mentioned 

Excited to see Tajon in the mix

I'm excited about both players especially Tajon

5 hours ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

No Hutch Or Arfield hurts but naturally l, out of excitement I had to make what I personally think is our best XI with this group 😁

Still wouldn’t be surprised if we see Hoilett start instead of Buchanan on that right side, also Vitoria could be in for Kennedy (I know Henry will start and I wanted a natural left at LCB)

made this post not realizing it was an the Aruba thread. I do not think we see this vs Aruba

87AA3532-55B2-4554-A148-1FAB5811D86F.jpeg

I'm with this except. Vitoria in for Kennedy. Larin in for Buchanan and El Tanque up top

The other decision is MAK or Piette. Do you want a possession minded guy in MAK or a sh*t disturber in Piette 

Edited by SpursFlu

1 hour ago, jtpc said:

Finally, the conclusion of the group stage is almost here. I'm really excited for this window. I'm glad we have the goal differential we do and that we'll know exactly what Suriname has put up before this match. Only a week away now!

Just gotta win these games and then it's on to Haiti. Now that will be the true test.

Comments on the call-up.

First, Arfield not being there hurts our depth and quality, apart from his experience. I can't believe folks think it is okay. I am not at all pleased with him pulling out, leaves a bad taste in my mouth. 

Our midfield solidity is ensured with Kaye and Eustaquio (plus Piette), and if we have Hoillet supporting we have a very strong middle. I am not sure if Osorio is fully on form after being injured, will be interesting to see. We can also start some of our highest three further back vs Suriname to ensure we have more ball control, Larin drops in, Davies. We'll be fine and we will be reliant on seeing how good Eustaquio can be for us. 

Second, I am disappointed with the negativity around Kennedy. And Henry. The latter is playing in one of the best Asian leagues with good results, Kennedy has come off an amazing season where every match counted, and they even went fairly deep in the Cup vs top flight teams. Competitive edge, then gets this 2 week break and back into it: perfect. The only thing we need to see is how he fits in with his CB partner, and Borjan. 

The rest is a strong side. We are only missing Hutch amongst the better players. We have cover in all positions. IMO if we do not make the final 8 Herdman should be fired immediately, as it is the minimum we should expect of these guys.

I have been coming to the defence of Arfield recently, but with him and Hutchinson out the midfield feels a bit lacking, which I too am not happy about. I can now see why they pleaded with TFC to pick a less-than-fit Osorio. We still have good players in the middle of the park, but it doesn't feel like we are at our strongest at the time we need to be, so that's a disappointment. It is what it is though. This is why depth is important. I still expect Kaye-Eustaquio-Piette-Osorio-Fraser to win the midfield against Suriname, who have been playing Ryan Donk out of positions there. That may change, though.

On defense, I am pleased. I slag on Henry a lot, but it's still great to have him back and I believe he will be important in his window. He probably starts against Suriname with Vitoria, unless Herdman and staff are extremely impressed with Kennedy, which I wouldn't rule out.

Funny enough, I still feel more comfortable with a Vitoria-Kennedy partnership, even though he has never played for us, but we probably have to defer to Henry's experience and hope he has a cool head on the day, which isn't aways the case.

The Sturing call is a little surprising, but makes sense with no Miller or Cornelius, though the latter was perhaps sacrificed for Kennedy (rather than Sturing, who is a right foot, I think). This also shows us where James stands, which is behind Sturing, so that's all but confirmed now in my mind. James really isn't in our plans.

Finally, Ferriera without a club has been skipped on, which is fair.

Attackers pick themselves, but it's kind of too bad Akindele never found a way on the team. I would be surprised if he wasn't at the Gold Cup.

What's up with no Crepeau?

Edited by Obinna

15 minutes ago, Obinna said:

What's up with no Crepeau?

Was thinking the same. Could be this..

👍 for Henry. Looking forward to seeing him again.

Agree Fraser over Priso especially is harsh. Still a chance for some minutes he hasn't got at club level and he is well embedded into the set up.

While Arfield and Hutch would have been nice, this is the reality of our midfield moving forward so I am fine with it. Even more fine if there is a chance we get both in the Gold Cup Squad instead. 

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Comments on the call-up.

First, Arfield not being there hurts our depth and quality, apart from his experience. I can't believe folks think it is okay. I am not at all pleased with him pulling out, leaves a bad taste in my mouth. 

Our midfield solidity is ensured with Kaye and Eustaquio (plus Piette), and if we have Hoillet supporting we have a very strong middle. I am not sure if Osorio is fully on form after being injured, will be interesting to see. We can also start some of our highest three further back vs Suriname to ensure we have more ball control, Larin drops in, Davies. We'll be fine and we will be reliant on seeing how good Eustaquio can be for us. 

Second, I am disappointed with the negativity around Kennedy. And Henry. The latter is playing in one of the best Asian leagues with good results, Kennedy has come off an amazing season where every match counted, and they even went fairly deep in the Cup vs top flight teams. Competitive edge, then gets this 2 week break and back into it: perfect. The only thing we need to see is how he fits in with his CB partner, and Borjan. 

The rest is a strong side. We are only missing Hutch amongst the better players. We have cover in all positions. IMO if we do not make the final 8 Herdman should be fired immediately, as it is the minimum we should expect of these guys.

I’m also surprised with Herdman’s comments regard Arfield yesterday.  I get that he has been upfront with his intentions for 2021, but a lot of these guys are sacrificing a lot to be at the games over the last two windows.  To say that Arfield will be welcomed back in the fall for the bigger games risks disrupting a cohesiveness that is so important to Herdman; someone on this team who will have given it their all to the Octo will have to give up their roster spot.  No matter Arfield’s quality, I imagine this won’t sit well with some members of the squad. 

19 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

I’m also surprised with Herdman’s comments regard Arfield yesterday.  I get that he has been upfront with his intentions for 2021, but a lot of these guys are sacrificing a lot to be at the games over the last two windows.  To say that Arfield will be welcomed back in the fall for the bigger games risks disrupting a cohesiveness that is so important to Herdman; someone on this team who will have given it their all to the Octo will have to give up their roster spot.  No matter Arfield’s quality, I imagine this won’t sit well with some members of the squad. 

Lol..please stop with the drama. No one is going to care if Arfield takes Liam Fraser’s spot, for example.

1 hour ago, toontownman said:

Agree Fraser over Priso especially is harsh. Still a chance for some minutes he hasn't got at club level and he is well embedded into the set up.

While Arfield and Hutch would have been nice, this is the reality of our midfield moving forward so I am fine with it. Even more fine if there is a chance we get both in the Gold Cup Squad instead. 

When my wife was pregnant with our son, it was late 90s, Clinton era, with the Lewinsky case and all.

So when we went for the Ultrasound I asked the doctor, "Is that a boy, or a girl with a cigar in her vagina?"

2 hours ago, toontownman said:

Looks like a pretty good reason to me for Crepeau's absence  🙂