WCQ: Aruba vs Canada - Saturday, June 5th, 8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific - IMG Academy, FL

11 hours ago, Shway said:

For someone who only uses it for the Canadian content, OneSoccer is better value buying it on a monthly basis - maybe even just buying the day pass on match days. I’ve done my research based on the scheduling. (That is until the CPL schedule is announced).

EDIT: I should say, you’ll only be saving 20$ 😁.

Yeah I just bought a month today. I’ll buy another month 30 days from now and that’ll take me to the end of Gold Cup.

Not trying to take the moral high ground, but I view an annual subscription to OS as a way to subsidize Canadian footy.  These guys went all-in to support soccer the in this country - all eligible nat games and CPL.  If I end up throwing them an extra $20-$30 by giving them an annual sub (and give them some revenue certainty in the process) then so be it.  

38 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Not trying to take the moral high ground, but I view an annual subscription to OS as a way to subsidize Canadian footy.  These guys went all-in to support soccer the in this country....

This is how I view OneSoccer.

I certainly didn't subscribe for the variety and quality of their Ligue 1 broadcasts (how hard is it do stream every match you bought the rights to?!?)

If we make it to the Octagonal, that is 7 separate months the men's national team will have competitive games on OneSoccer. June, July (Gold Cup), September, October, November, January, March.

If the current monthly price holds, you save 5 bucks by going month to month if you have no interest in anything other than CMNT. If the price changes, say in 2022 they make it 15 bucks a month, you would be down $5.

3 minutes ago, Kent said:

If we make it to the Octagonal, that is 7 separate months the men's national team will have competitive games on OneSoccer. June, July (Gold Cup), September, October, November, January, March.

If the current monthly price holds, you save 5 bucks by going month to month if you have no interest in anything other than CMNT. If the price changes, say in 2022 they make it 15 bucks a month, you would be down $5.

Yeah, I was just thinking, if we make the Oct, I may just buy a year subscription in September. 

4 minutes ago, Kent said:

A lot of competitive games but it will get us prepared so I welcome the competition because I wanna see Canada at full strength up against other teams at full strength like USA, Mexico, Honduras, Jamaica, Costa Rica, etc

Tbh I’m all for support all things Canadian....but I haven’t been impressed with Onesoccers options and how they work on some platforms. Lots of issues whether it’s been freezing, jumping, or voice delays. 

I found myself using my iptv American feeds or watching on Bet365 because it doesn’t work on all Android devices - specifically a Nvdia Sheild, and Amazon Fire. 

I like watching games on a big screen...not my phone, tablet, or laptop.

3 hours ago, Shway said:

Tbh I’m all for support all things Canadian....but I haven’t been impressed with Onesoccers options and how they work on some platforms. Lots of issues whether it’s been freezing, jumping, or voice delays. 

I found myself using my iptv American feeds or watching on Bet365 because it doesn’t work on all Android devices - specifically a Nvdia Sheild, and Amazon Fire. 

I like watching games on a big screen...not my phone, tablet, or laptop.

This can be said for all streaming platforms in their first 1-5 years. Lots of ways to watch means it takes time/money to build it out or they don't want to cater to that specific distribution platform (i.e. as TSN has decided).

That being said, I haven't had any major issues casting OneSoccer from my desktop, iphone or Android tablet to the big screen via Chromecast or Airplay. 

Also reminder to those in Europe who might be in a jam for find a stream, the games are played on Bet365. No commentary though. It was fun during the previous games to hear all the swearing though :D

Edited by scullion44
typo

43 minutes ago, scullion44 said:

Also reminder to those in Europe who might be in a jam for find a stream, the games are played on Bet365. No commentary though. It was fun during the previous games to hear all the swearing though :D

It’s also a few minutes ahead

2 minutes ago, archer21 said:

A few minutes ahead? Like in the future. That’s quite the technology they have over at Bet365

When I was watching the last game against Cayman Islands and I bet 7+ goals for Canada to score, I remember watching in bet365, and it being 2 mins ahead - I was using one soccer as the replay, since you know they don’t have those functions. 

Looks like Aruba beat the Cayman Islands 3-1 yesterday. Went down early, and looks like it was a more competitive game than we expected.

Seems like both teams started their A teams and Aruba had a few starters who play in the Netherlands/Germany.

This has probably already been mentioned but Joshua John (who scored 2 of their goals) seems to have been a part-time starter on VVV-Venlo who got relegated from the Dutch Eredivisie this year. 

Their starting roster was almost entirely composed of the Expats playing overseas. They started 2 players from the domestic Aruban league, 6 players playing in the Netherlands (1 from each of the top 6 divisions), 2 players playing in Germany (Fourth and Fifth Tier) and a player from the Swedish four tier.

9 minutes ago, Pottsy3 said:

Looks like Aruba beat the Cayman Islands 3-1 yesterday. Went down early, and looks like it was a more competitive game than we expected.

Seems like both teams started their A teams and Aruba had a few starters who play in the Netherlands/Germany.

This has probably already been mentioned but Joshua John (who scored 2 of their goals) seems to have been a part-time starter on VVV-Venlo who got relegated from the Dutch Eredivisie this year. 

Their starting roster was almost entirely composed of the Expats playing overseas. They started 2 players from the domestic Aruban league, 6 players playing in the Netherlands (1 from each of the top 6 divisions), 2 players playing in Germany (Fourth and Fifth Tier) and a player from the Swedish four tier.

Aruba's squad in the previous window was nearly all domestic.