WCQ: Aruba vs Canada - Saturday, June 5th, 8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific - IMG Academy, FL

6 minutes ago, king1010 said:

His logic is rest some players for the Aruba game. Full strength squad for Suriname. 

I guess but then again also want my strongest lineup in for the Aruba game too because if we pound on them, then no way can Suriname catch us on goal difference. Then when we go up against Suriname, you use more or less the same lineup but with like a couple of changes.

23 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

I guess but then again also want my strongest lineup in for the Aruba game too because if we pound on them, then no way can Suriname catch us on goal difference. Then when we go up against Suriname, you use more or less the same lineup but with like a couple of changes.

In a 2 match window I would more or less agree with you, but with potentially 4 games this window you need big rotation v weak teams. This Aruba team will be WEAKER (multiple ppl have pointed me out to be wrong, this is still the weakest team we see this window) then Cayman Islands and I’m confident the XI I posted would  put up 6+ on them

Edited by N1ckbr0wn

15 minutes ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

The more Aruba specific squad: 

I went basically full rotation because of the potential 4 match window. If Oso isn’t fully match ready then you probably see David at the 10 again. Went Spoony over Fraser in this case. And, obviously would be just as happy to see Hoilett on either wing, just went with most recent game time (I think Junior will be a good super sub this window)

B4E80C56-5056-4243-A5C5-90F200AF610C.jpeg

I'd start:

- Hoilett instead of Corbeanu

- Shift Sturing to the right

- Kennedy instead of Vitoria 

- Fraser instead of Osorio

1 minute ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

In a 2 match window I would more or less agree with you, but with potentially 4 games this window you need big rotation v weak teams. This Aruba team will be WEAKER then Cayman Islands and I’m confident the XI I posted would  put up 6+ on them

They will not be. They’ve called in 10 European based players. Cayman Islands was a completely domestic squad. 

2 minutes ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

In a 2 match window I would more or less agree with you, but with potentially 4 games this window you need big rotation v weak teams. This Aruba team will be WEAKER then Cayman Islands and I’m confident the XI I posted would  put up 6+ on them

Oh of course but then again with our strongest lineup out there, we need to be making a statement early too

1 minute ago, CanadaFan123 said:

They will not be. They’ve called in 10 European based players. Cayman Islands was a completely domestic squad. 

Ah you’re right, much stronger then the lineup they brought last window. I’m still confident our rotated squad would put 3+ On them.

3 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I'd start:

- Hoilett instead of Corbeanu

- Shift Sturing to the right

- Kennedy instead of Vitoria 

- Fraser instead of Osorio

Yep wouldn’t be surprised with this as well, but Fraser at the 10? 

8 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

Liam Fraser over Baldisimo after his brother accepts a call to the Philippines seems unnecessary 

Agree it would be a good opportunity to cap tie Baldi. Just think JH went with Fraser as he has been at several CMNT camps and played in a big game already. With Hutch/Arfield out and Oso probably not 100%  our midfield in a little light. 

5 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Sorry? This Aruba team should be stronger. They brought their Europe-based players.

Similar level to Bermuda.

Heh, ya I didn’t do my research and just assumed their squad would be as weak as it was last window, you know, the one where Bermuda put 5 on them without Wells

Edited by N1ckbr0wn

3 minutes ago, sebdeserio said:

Maybe Baldisimo will be at the Gold Cup? Might even start there so maybe Herdman just wanted to keep the same group until we make the Octo and anyone he's interested in seeing but wouldn't feature immediately would be at the Gold Cup.

Edit: Priso as well.

In that case, that makes sense too well because I'm sure for Gold Cup we incorporate most of our youth for this tournament but having some of our veterans there not all of them

27 minutes ago, king1010 said:

So apparently Herdman says there is a taxi squad of 10 players who will be joining and could be called upon, ZBG is one of them. 

Wheeler mentioned “some interesting names” on the 10 man list. Maybe wee see both or one of Dias/Flores?

As per Wheeler everyone arriving Wednesday and he doesn’t know how much revealing he will do with the 10 man.

Edited by N1ckbr0wn

2 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Its  unlikely that Suriname is going to catch us with goal diff before our match with them. We just need to win vs Aruba and come out of this game with as few injuries/knocks as possible

Yah..I would gladly take a 2 goal differential against Aruba. That would mean Suriname would need to beat Bermuda by 8 or more goals which is highly unlikely.

Regrardless - Suriname plays first so we’ll know if that’s a possibility or not before we play Aruba which is very helpful.