WCQ: Aruba vs Canada - Saturday, June 5th, 8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific - IMG Academy, FL

10 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Anyone know if it would be possible to set up a zoom “meeting” and share the OS video feed via screen share?  A friend is self isolating after out of province travel so can’t come over for the game.  Trying to troubleshoot...

Couldn't they use your username and password to stream it on their own machine?

You could also just do a screen share on MS Teams....

Edited by Obinna

35 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I guess so.  But would that block me out?  I don’t really want to risk losing my account on game night.  

Shouldn't be an issue, but if you are worried you can test by running on your phone and your PC to confirm no block to your account. Once that's good you can give your buddy the okay.

One Soccer wouldn't have a means to differentiate between your second device and your buddy's device.

Worst case it probably logs you out of one device, doubt you'd lose account access. 

Edited by Obinna

14 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

Any other internationally based Vs figure out how to watch the games over the next couple of weeks other than scouring the web for a dodgy, spyware-infested stream?

You could probably get onesoccer and then use a VPN and set your location to Canada. I think that would likely work.

Edited by Nate3322

In 2019 I tried watching 2 simultaneous games on OneSoccer using 2 different devices. It didn't seem like it was restricted, because there were times when it was working, but I kept getting one of the games freezing or dropping. It was incredibly frustrating and then I just stuck to 1 game and it worked fine.

Anyways, sounds like zoom is the way to go. I would have been very shocked if they were sophisticated enough to be able to detect screen sharing software and block based on that. 

18 minutes ago, Kent said:

In 2019 I tried watching 2 simultaneous games on OneSoccer using 2 different devices. It didn't seem like it was restricted, because there were times when it was working, but I kept getting one of the games freezing or dropping. It was incredibly frustrating and then I just stuck to 1 game and it worked fine.

Anyways, sounds like zoom is the way to go. I would have been very shocked if they were sophisticated enough to be able to detect screen sharing software and block based on that. 

They don't even let you pause live video.

For someone who only uses it for the Canadian content, OneSoccer is better value buying it on a monthly basis - maybe even just buying the day pass on match days. I’ve done my research based on the scheduling. (That is until the CPL schedule is announced).

EDIT: I should say, you’ll only be saving 20$ 😁.

Edited by Shway