OneSoccer

Foreen

The first football match available in the metaverse happened yesterday with the Serie A match between Milan & Fiorentina.

It was only available in the Middle East & North Africa. You needed a MetaMask account (crypto wallet) to get an NFT that acted as a free ticket to the Nemesis metaverse. 

Then you got to dress up your avatars with Serie A gear, interact with other avatars, play games and view augmented stats.

17 hours ago, red card said:

The first football match available in the metaverse happened yesterday with the Serie A match between Milan & Fiorentina.

It was only available in the Middle East & North Africa. You needed a MetaMask account (crypto wallet) to get an NFT that acted as a free ticket to the Nemesis metaverse. 

Then you got to dress up your avatars with Serie A gear, interact with other avatars, play games and view augmented stats.

Was there an orgy at halftime involving Elfs, Unicorns & LeBron James?

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Who was on the call for the Valour game? I liked the colour commentator, for once.

Matt Cullen.  KJ was the colour guy, which was unusual.

I have to say, I am really starting to be turned off by Adam Jenkins pbp.  The guy seems to think 1 second of dead air is a bad thing.  He often has to interrupt himself to call a goal!

11 minutes ago, m-g-williams said:

It's pretty sad that Fox is going into its third straight year of showing the CPL and Canadian Championship, but Sportsnet and TSN still won't budge. Sigh. 

I can understand the business decision but to not even mention the league or showing the scores & highlights is petty stuff... very disappointing stuff.

1 hour ago, Ansem said:

I can understand the business decision but to not even mention the league or showing the scores & highlights is petty stuff... very disappointing stuff.

I was shocked to see Voyageurs Cup high lights before the TFC game

9 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Very sad about the CDN sports channels, but its got to be good business for OneSoccer.  A nice chunk of change from FOX and more exposure is a good thing.  

I don't know if it would be a "good chunk or change". I could see it being more along the lines of they air it and split any advertising revenue. 

Looks like DAZN Canada is still committed to football.

They have signed up for UEFA National Team matches from June 1 to 2028. It includes Nations League, Euro & WC qualifiers, friendlies & Finalissima.

It will be select matches from top countries. Min of 57 in total or about 8/yr. First match will be Italy v Argentina Finalissima on June 1.

TLN/Univision are still likey to show certain matches in non-English languages. Will have to see if uefa.tv will carry non-DAZN matches or is DAZN basically taking over what uefa.tv would normally show.

https://www.dazn.com/en-CA/news/soccer/dazn-canada-secures-exclusive-rights-to-multitude-of-uefa-national-team-matches/1gmybol1n889f1jhzqj2nm0xri

18 minutes ago, masster said:

Wow...One soccer fucks up and cuts to Goals of the Month and misses the tying Pacific FC goal!!

That is interesting as I was watching live on BT Sport who were using the OneSoccer feed and it played straight through. I was worried as it was turning 5am over here, so I thought it would automatically switch over to the next program. I guess there must be someone else awake and paying attention. 

14 hours ago, masster said:

Wow...One soccer fucks up and cuts to Goals of the Month and misses the tying Pacific FC goal!!

Yeah, it was ridiculous. "Do you want to finish watching the end of this 1 goal single knockout cup-tie? Or would you like to relive that time the Nigerian women's team scored against Canada with a back-heel? I'm going to assume the back-heel."

On 5/16/2022 at 11:49 AM, m-g-williams said:

It's pretty sad that Fox is going into its third straight year of showing the CPL and Canadian Championship, but Sportsnet and TSN still won't budge. Sigh. 

Biggest difference here is having to produce a broadcast vs. just picking one up from another source as Fox is doing here.