OneSoccer

Foreen

11 minutes ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

Who was the announcer on the York/HFX game last night?  Did he realize a game was going on? Reminds me of the announcers on low level American soccer broadcast, who talk about anything except the game as they obviously don't know anything about the game.    

Adam Jenkins.

I'm really warming up to Dunfield.  I thought he was good last night and has improved quite a bit during the stretch of Canada National Team games he did.  He had a tendency to get really excited in the moment, similar to a fan.  I notice now he waits before he does his color commentary.

Last night in the 58th minute, Morelli almost ripped Giantsopoulos hands off with a blast... I immediately thought, "What a rocket"... Dunfield waited until after sequence finished and then as York worked the ball out from the back came in with his "What a rocket" comment... which was much better timed as a color commentator.

Note:  The fact that I thought "What a rocket" and then Dunfield said "What a rocket", could mean I need to take break from watching these guys for a bit. 😀

47 minutes ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

He usually does a lot better job then that, if you have nothing intelligent to say, just say who has the ball, especially early in the season when we are getting familiar with the new players.

I wonder if One Soccer has a lot of subs now and gave these guys all big raises and more security.

Perhaps Jenkins and Wheeler have let it get to their heads a little.

Caribbean sports broadcaster Flow Sports has signed not just for 117 CPL matches but also for 12 Canadian Championship matches and Canadian national team friendlies.

Flow is in 500k households over 22 countries. Deal is for 1 year with option to renew for another year. Looks like the angle they're playing up is the Caribbean CPL players.

https://mediaprocanada.tv/en/news/Mediapro_Canada_seals_deal_with_Flow_Sports_for_live_CPL_coverage_in_the_Caribbean

Just noticed this on the MediaPro website. Sounds like we'll be getting distribution deals similar to what we had for the Island Games in 2020. 

"MEDIAPRO Canada is set to announce distribution deals for the media rights to Canadian soccer with broadcasters in the USA, the Caribbean, Latin America, Europe and Asia, bringing the Canadian game to a global audience."

https:/mediaprocanada.tv/en/news/Mediapro_Group_key_player_in_the_growth_of_Canadian_soccer_since_2019

FIFA has launched their own streaming service with the standard label of FIFA+. Available in 5 languages but will have another 7 by June. 

https://www.fifa.com/fifaplus/en/home

It will be ad-supported but may become subscription-based down the line. It may also be available as a broadcast channel.

It may also go into social and gaming (apparently EA & FIFA are rumoured to be breaking up) with shoulder programming during the World Cup. 

It will broadcast 40,000 matches this year. The focus will be on underserved areas such as Angola, Denmark, Mexico, and Poland. It will broadcast 11,000 women’s matches. For example, live matches listed for tomorrow are from Nepal, Mongolia, Denmark, Brasil & Mexico.

It will also include 2,000 hours of archival content, plus documentaries and docuseries. 

The service aims to reach 200 million unique users by the end of this year. 

Canadian content I have seen so far is an article on Herdman: https://www.fifa.com/fifaplus/en/articles/canada-herdman-talking-about-a-revolution

On 4/12/2022 at 6:49 PM, red card said:

FIFA has launched their own streaming service with the standard label of FIFA+. Available in 5 languages but will have another 7 by June. 

https://www.fifa.com/fifaplus/en/home

It will be ad-supported but may become subscription-based down the line. It may also be available as a broadcast channel.

It may also go into social and gaming (apparently EA & FIFA are rumoured to be breaking up) with shoulder programming during the World Cup. 

It will broadcast 40,000 matches this year. The focus will be on underserved areas such as Angola, Denmark, Mexico, and Poland. It will broadcast 11,000 women’s matches. For example, live matches listed for tomorrow are from Nepal, Mongolia, Denmark, Brasil & Mexico.

It will also include 2,000 hours of archival content, plus documentaries and docuseries. 

The service aims to reach 200 million unique users by the end of this year. 

Canadian content I have seen so far is an article on Herdman: https://www.fifa.com/fifaplus/en/articles/canada-herdman-talking-about-a-revolution

I like the look of this service. Saves the hassle of sketchy streams. 

Canadian players in leagues that seem to have a lot of games streaming on FIFA+ include:

Switzerland Super League - Liam Miller

Norway Elitserien - Julian Dunn, Clement Bayiha, Simon Thomas

Northern Ireland Football League - Michael Argyrides, Calum Ferguson, Massimo Schiavoni, Sam Warde

Moldova 1st Tier - Calin Calaidjoglu

Slovak Fortuna Liga - Milovan Kapor

Brazilian U20 Division - Tiago Coimbra

4 minutes ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

L1 Ontario announced they will be broadcasting a game of the week, though I think it is on YouTube and not Onesoccer.

Its probably like was mentioned about the U20 games this week. They just can't (or won't) justify the production costs. 

16 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Its probably like was mentioned about the U20 games this week. They just can't (or won't) justify the production costs. 

https://www.league1ontario.com/news_article/show/1215788

As part of the league's "Return to Normal" strategy, L1O will relaunch its weekly Livestream of the Week.  Each featured match will be streamed on League1 Ontario's YouTube Channel, which also hosts a vast archive of every L1O match that is played throughout the season.

League1 Ontario will also be unveiling a revamped website in the coming weeks. The full 2022 schedule will be uploaded exclusively to that new website.  However, until the new website goes live, the full Men's Premier schedule can be found here. 

Regular Season schedules for the Men’s U21 Reserve Division, and the newly introduced U19 Division, both of which kick off in early May, will be published the week of April 4th.

Just now, m-g-williams said:

Question for the Fubo TV users out there: Does a Fubo subscription get you all of Ligue 1's matches? I know that Ligue 1 has split the rights a few ways for their domestic broadcasters, but I'm less clear on how it works with beIN, Fubo and OS here in Canada. 

Fubo has BeIn too. Not sure if that means you get all the matches but you should get more.

I actually re upped my One Soccer to monthly.

My plan is to do the yearly Fubo subscription starting August 1. Hopefully they don't raise the price again by that time

14 hours ago, SpursFlu said:

So whats the deal with this Onesoccer channel popping up on Telus Cable? Is it a free trial? 

They have been there awhile now. The free trial is over. Believe its part of a general sports package.

They have been trying to get on Rogers and Bell too but both those companies are assholes and haven't allowed it yet

Edited by narduch

7 hours ago, narduch said:

They have been there awhile now. The free trial is over. Believe its part of a general sports package.

They have been trying to get on Rogers and Bell too but both those companies are assholes and haven't allowed it yet

Nice.. I kinda enjoy it as rolling programming and not accessing as a streaming service 

Edited by SpursFlu