OneSoccer

Foreen

Does anyone use the OneSoccer ipad app? I'm fairly new to the ipad world, and I can't seem to get the app seems only to want to operate in vertical (portrait) mode. I can't get to go landscape/horizontal. No such issue with other streaming apps.

5 hours ago, jonovision said:

Does anyone use the OneSoccer ipad app? I'm fairly new to the ipad world, and I can't seem to get the app seems only to want to operate in vertical (portrait) mode. I can't get to go landscape/horizontal. No such issue with other streaming apps.

My iPad died years ago, but I'm sure it hasn't changed. I think it's actually an iPhone app that you can use on the iPad. If my memory serves me right, I think any navigation is all vertical, but when watching a game you should be able to watch it in landscape.

• 2 weeks later...

It is expected an announcement will come shortly that Rogers will offload Monday night NHL games including playoffs to Amazon for the remaining 2 years left on Rogers NHL deal. Mentioned by a few including John Shannon on McCowan's podcast.

Given the macro environment of cord cutting, less tv viewing, ad dollars mostly going to online platforms and too much debt but can't really cut the dividend, a streaming platform showing NHL games was expected to happen anyway post Rogers deal expiring.

For it to happen now shows Rogers really wants to stop the bleeding from overpaying on the NHL deal given audience levels haven't been enough to deliver the ad dollars required.

Edited by red card

Officially, Prime Monday Night Hockey will show in English only all games on Monday for next 2 NHL seasons. No playoffs mentioned. They will have their own broadcast team with details coming later.

I haven't seen any dollar amount leaked yet. While Apple TV+ has shown 1-3 Friday night Blue Jays games, Amazon deal is first real chink in the armour amongst sports fans who watch the big 4 leagues only via TSN/SN. But there is joy emanating from those who hate SN's hockey coverage.

Of note, Amazon Prime org puts Canada with Australia & New Zealand rather than under a North America umbrella. it is estimated there is about 8 million Prime subs in Canada which is about the same number of subs for TSN & SN.

On the football front, Amazon shows select Champions League matches in the UK, Germany & Italy, Ligue 1 in France, NWSL Friday nights in US/Canada & Copa do Brasil in Brasil. So, showing NHL in Canada matches their strategy of showing a slice of games from the most popular sport of a country.

Edited by red card