OneSoccer

Foreen

OK, every once in a while I like to complain about something technical about OneSoccer. I've got a Firestick where I use the browser to watch OneSoccer, and I have a Roku that I use the OneSoccer app on. If I switch from one to the other (like today I watch on the Firestick, tomorrow I watch on the Roku) I have to log back in. This is despite on the Roku there being a "device link" setup. I have to set up the device link every time I have switched to a different device. It's annoying. Sometimes I want to check the schedule on an app on my phone, but I don't do it so that I don't have to log back in again when I want to watch something on TV. Why can't they just keep me signed in? I'm not even trying to watch 2 things at the same time and I've never shared my account with anyone else. I just have 2 TVs and can't always watch on the same one.

I guess I should also mention that the Roku is new to me. I am enjoying the app vs the browser I have to use on the Firestick. I was very happy to see the app actually remembers where you were when watching a replay and lets you continue from there. Not having that was annoying to me before.

That's weird. Are you watching on the firestick through your (silk) browser or did you side load the app? 

I have never had those issues. I frequently switch between my android phone, watching on the laptop, roku stick and have tried through the browser once. It's never logged me out of the roku or my phone app. 

Touch wood on roku it has never even buffered or gone down. It's about a minute or 30 seconds behind my phone though. 

2 hours ago, Kent said:

OK, every once in a while I like to complain about something technical about OneSoccer. I've got a Firestick where I use the browser to watch OneSoccer, and I have a Roku that I use the OneSoccer app on. If I switch from one to the other (like today I watch on the Firestick, tomorrow I watch on the Roku) I have to log back in. This is despite on the Roku there being a "device link" setup. I have to set up the device link every time I have switched to a different device. It's annoying. Sometimes I want to check the schedule on an app on my phone, but I don't do it so that I don't have to log back in again when I want to watch something on TV. Why can't they just keep me signed in? I'm not even trying to watch 2 things at the same time and I've never shared my account with anyone else. I just have 2 TVs and can't always watch on the same one.

I guess I should also mention that the Roku is new to me. I am enjoying the app vs the browser I have to use on the Firestick. I was very happy to see the app actually remembers where you were when watching a replay and lets you continue from there. Not having that was annoying to me before.

Strange, I have used the Roku for a couple of years and never have to log back in after using another device. Which Roku do you have? I've used the Express and now have a Premier, Onesoccer has always been rock solid for streaming with them.

@CDNFootballer @toontownman, I'm not sure which Roku I have to be honest but for what it's worth I always thought it was a box, but mine is more like a stick. (Forgive me, I'm a bit drunk after Canada vs El Salvador and I think I've only seen it one time when I plugged it in after Christmas, but it's not prominent, so I think it's a stick). Maybe I will check tomorrow when my wife isn't sleeping in the same room as it so I can turn a light on. I am using the Silk browser on the Firestick, and if I use that, I know I will have to do the device link again on the Roku. The device link is more annoying than just logging in, because logging in on the Silk browser (which I have to do if I've used the Roku) means I have to select my login from an autofill, and it remembers my password. For the Roku device link I have to pull out another device (which always ends up being my phone), go to onesoccer.ca/roku, then enter my credentials, then put in the 8 digit code that is on the TV that is connected to my Roku device. Today it didn't even work and I had to retry on the Roku to get a different code and try again on my phone. If the device is linked, it seems to me they should be trusting the device, not making it even harder to log in to than an unlinked device.

19 hours ago, Kent said:

This has been happening to me since I upgraded my Roku device.  What I did was uninstall the app and re-install it on the Roku.

I literally did this two days ago but no problems thus far.  I also log in using my phone and tablet without issues.

3 minutes ago, Metro said:

This has been happening to me since I upgraded my Roku device.  What I did was uninstall the app and re-install it on the Roku.

I literally did this two days ago but no problems thus far.  I also log in using my phone and tablet without issues.

Hmm, interesting. Maybe I'll try that out.

DAZN advertising during the Olympics broadcast - even promoting soon to be lost Premier League. So, maybe they're still committed to Canada or making themselves look pretty for a sale?

fubotv isn't advertising during the Olympics but is carrying CBC's Olympic coverage and has added CBC & Radio-Canada to their channel lineup.

fubo has also taken away the Canadian rights for the FIFA Club World Cup from TSN. Just in time to show this year's edition. Their first FIFA property.

https://www.sportbusiness.com/news/fubotv-lands-exclusive-fifa-club-world-cup-rights-in-canada/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=New+York_2022-02-04

I just signed up for fubo before this qualifying window. Downside is that they don't have a smart tv app in Canada (but do in the US). So, I watch it via my Nvidia Shield box. And unlike their US version, they didn't bother getting Conmebol WCQ rights for Canada. Only tech issue I have seen so far is that a Lille match before the window wasn't shown ex for OS commercials. Actual feed on OS was working and fubo escalated the issue to level 2 tech but never solved the issue or said why it occurred.

Upside is that of all the streaming platforms including Rogers IPTV, fubo has the least buffering/latency when switching feeds that I have experienced. If the US is the guide, the $100 annual pricing is likely to go up quite a bit but for now, a good deal.

Edited by red card

3 hours ago, red card said:

DAZN advertising during the Olympics broadcast - even promoting soon to be lost Premier League. So, maybe they're still committed to Canada or making themselves look pretty for a sale?

Or they want the punters to sign up for a year, before most realise what's happened.

I came here to get a sense of what people are thinking re OS vs Fubo.    My OS sub ran out just before the last game (I think) and now I need to decide which to go with.  But it seems like there isn’t really a decision.  From what I have read, Fubo has the OS live channel, 250hrs of PVR, rights to Serie A (and EPL?), other competitions, some other sports (?), etc.  

And it looks like it is basically the same price.   

Am I missing something or is it really that straightforward?   Even if I had to give up OS Today (which I do enjoy quite a bit) I still think it is pretty imbalanced I’m favour of Fubo.   

32 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I came here to get a sense of what people are thinking re OS vs Fubo.    My OS sub ran out just before the last game (I think) and now I need to decide which to go with.  But it seems like there isn’t really a decision.  From what I have read, Fubo has the OS live channel, 250hrs of PVR, rights to Serie A (and EPL?), other competitions, some other sports (?), etc.  

And it looks like it is basically the same price.   

Am I missing something or is it really that straightforward?   Even if I had to give up OS Today (which I do enjoy quite a bit) I still think it is pretty imbalanced I’m favour of Fubo.   

The one thing you don't get is the extra marches One Soccer might have on their alternate feed that you can select via the app 

6 hours ago, Cheeta said:

Without EPL & Champions League that'll be it for DAZN in my house.  Don't follow NFL and while there's actually a bit on there that I do watch it's too hard to justify the expence.  I mean I love Tajon and all but... 

Keeping OneSoccer though.  Have to. 

I don't think they've lost Champions League, unless I missed that. Just the EPL.

On 2/5/2022 at 3:47 PM, dyslexic nam said:

Even if I had to give up OS Today (which I do enjoy quite a bit) I still think it is pretty imbalanced I’m favour of Fubo.   

Normally you can play the last couple of episodes of OS Today on Fubo. Some old games too (but they are a devil to find - search works best).

But best is you it has a virtual PVR, so you can just record OS Today - and watch it whenever!

15 hours ago, nfitz said:

Normally you can play the last couple of episodes of OS Today on Fubo. Some old games too (but they are a devil to find - search works best).

But best is you it has a virtual PVR, so you can just record OS Today - and watch it whenever!

It now looks like OS Today has changed to 4 half-hour shows per week and posted on their website.  

On 2/4/2022 at 11:57 AM, red card said:

If the US is the guide, the $100 annual pricing is likely to go up quite a bit but for now, a good deal.

Fubo is now $150 a year - presumably in anticipation of the surge of subscriptions for the next Premier League season. Their website implies that those who are the $100 level can still get their next renewal at $100 instead of $150.

What I wonder though is can DAZN still justify $150 a year?

2 hours ago, nfitz said:

Fubo is now $150 a year - presumably in anticipation of the surge of subscriptions for the next Premier League season. Their website implies that those who are the $100 level can still get their next renewal at $100 instead of $150.

What I wonder though is can DAZN still justify $150 a year?

They bumped that up quick. Wonder if they are changing anything else with their platform. Don't think there is any need to sign up to fubo before August is there? 

1 minute ago, toontownman said:

Don't think there is any need to sign up to fubo before August is there? 

No, I don't think so - not now. Glad I picked it up a couple of weeks ago.

Shame the FuboTV shares I purchased haven't done as well ...