OneSoccer

Foreen

15 minutes ago, gwsmith63 said:

Fair enough.

Guess the 2022 attendance thread will have some serious jump in figures shortly. If their moms increase their allowance to buy tickets, that is. 😂😂😂

Yah and a flight from Kazakhstan 

99% of these comments and views are from people who have never and likely will never even come to Canada

In the context of all the allegations against the CSA and CSB (and by association, MediaPro) interesting to see OneSoccer reminding folks of the magnitude of the contribution they make during the pregame for the women’s match against Jamaica.  I know they are hardly an unbiased commentator in everything going on but you can’t deny the facts.   Contrast this with the bleak pre-OS broadcasting landscape.

E0DEE78C-45F2-42FD-93DF-E80813FDE995.jpeg

^ How did Ollie put it?  Does anyone really want to go back to 2018?  When the CSA couldn't even give the MNT matches away they had to pay someone to put them on the air.

The womens EUROs are being broadcast by who in Canada?  UEFA.tv thats who and you get what you get. 

I blast OneSoccer as much as anyone.  It's been an experience sharing their growing pains but they've already spent (lost) millions more bringing Canadian football to Canadians than anyone else ever has before.  And paying the CSA millions every year for the privilage to do so. 

Wrong target.  Wasting your ammo. 

16 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

In the context of all the allegations against the CSA and CSB (and by association, MediaPro) interesting to see OneSoccer reminding folks of the magnitude of the contribution they make during the pregame for the women’s match against Jamaica.  I know they are hardly an unbiased commentator in everything going on but you can’t deny the facts.   Contrast this with the bleak pre-OS broadcasting landscape.

Looking at the 4 year period just before 2019 (2015-18), only youth matches on tv were the Toronto Pan Am u23 men/women matches on CBC and u17 women's World Cup matches in Uruguay on TSN.

For CANMNT, it was less than 20 on TSN - missed about another 20 that were largely friendlies along with certain WCQs.

For CANWNT, including the 2015 World Cup on TSN & 2016 Olympics on CBC, it's in same 34 match range. But about another 20+ friendlies/Algarve Cup matches played outside of North America were missed.

Common twitter complaint is that matches on streaming platforms aren't accessible but they don't realize more than half of the matches were never on linear tv for both men and women and there was almost no coverage of youth matches.

Plus, they don't realize that Canada's media consumption habits have been dramatically changing. 

2 hours ago, red card said:

Looking at the 4 year period just before 2019 (2015-18), only youth matches on tv were the Toronto Pan Am u23 men/women matches on CBC and u17 women's World Cup matches in Uruguay on TSN.

For CANMNT, it was less than 20 on TSN - missed about another 20 that were largely friendlies along with certain WCQs.

For CANWNT, including the 2015 World Cup on TSN & 2016 Olympics on CBC, it's in same 34 match range. But about another 20+ friendlies/Algarve Cup matches played outside of North America were missed.

Common twitter complaint is that matches on streaming platforms aren't accessible but they don't realize more than half of the matches were never on linear tv for both men and women and there was almost no coverage of youth matches.

Plus, they don't realize that Canada's media consumption habits have been dramatically changing. 

So in other words. People just want to complain or be cheap. But I don't think it's cheap, it's just not thinking. They'll go to Starbucks and buy a drink and muffin without thinking for the same cost to have Onesoccer or other services. I get the amount of services feels overwhelming but how much soccer can one person watch? You have to make choices in life

Edited by SpursFlu

16 hours ago, narduch said:

I actually prefer the One Soccer UI over Fubo.

Maybe I'm just bad with change

Same.  Maybe I just don't understand Fubo's interface but I can't tell whether a match listed in the guide will be live streamed or is a replay.  For CPL games, it seems I have to record both halves of the game separately instead of one recording for the full match.

1 hour ago, ray said:

Same.  Maybe I just don't understand Fubo's interface but I can't tell whether a match listed in the guide will be live streamed or is a replay.  For CPL games, it seems I have to record both halves of the game separately instead of one recording for the full match.

The halves thing is weird but when I hit record it seems to record both halves regardless. 

Fubo > onesoccer for me. I was going to renew os but other than the Cavs/Halifax game and I think one other, all the CPL games have been on the main channel and subsequently fubo. 

The ability to record it, pause live and rewind is just huge. That said I have found some hijinks where fubo sometimes just defaults back to the beginning of the game when you are dragging the cursor through the game and jumping around. 

In general I love fubo for what it is, which is a huge upgrade on OS and with EPL to boot. Both are vastly inferior to dazn though. Maybe fubo will add new features with the amount of new subs they will be getting.

On 7/14/2022 at 9:55 PM, dyslexic nam said:

It's not a perfect platform (and I think we all still want to see One Soccer content on TSN/Sportsnet), but it's pretty impressive what they've done in just a few years. Checking their Youtube channel, they've just hit 50,000 followers and are just shy of a combined 14,000,000 views for their content. If you told me six years ago that Canada would have a dedicated streaming service for all things football with even this kind of reach, I'd think you were foolish. 

Given that there's no sports on the last few days, it's unfortunate that OneSoccer and either Sportsner or TSN couldn't work out a deal to show the Women's Championship final. Heard the local sports morning show discussing that it wasn't widely available, and it seemed a missed opportunity for everyone. And before anyone complains: at least one of the hosts does have a OneSoccer subscription. 

^ with TSN having the rights to Qatar you'd expect they'd be finding airspace to get quality football out there.  You know, just to contribute to a sense of anticipation.  Maybe they will yet.

Have to say might not have been that tragic not getting the Lady's final up.  Those crowds in Mexico...ug.

1 hour ago, Watchmen said:

And it remains unfortunate that that's the case.

Not unfortunate. Paid linear tv sports networks are just adapting to the business reality that cable subs have dropped by 40% - a chunk of it in the past decade. 

This means laying off people and cutting spend for rights. TSN recorded their most profitable year in covid year 2020 because YoY their costs dropped by 18% and they spent 23% less for rights even though subscribers dropped by nearly 9%.

Soccer is one of the few sports that has the leverage against the sports networks since it has been able to find other platforms willing to pay (even overpay) for rights even before streaming - largely because the sports networks weren't satisfying the needs of fans used to the outsized coverage that was befitting of the world's number one sport.

54 minutes ago, red card said:

Not unfortunate. Paid linear tv sports networks are just adapting to the business reality that cable subs have dropped by 40% - a chunk of it in the past decade. 

This means laying off people and cutting spend for rights. TSN recorded their most profitable year in covid year 2020 because YoY their costs dropped by 18% and they spent 23% less for rights even though subscribers dropped by nearly 9%.

Soccer is one of the few sports that has the leverage against the sports networks since it has been able to find other platforms willing to pay (even overpay) for rights even before streaming - largely because the sports networks weren't satisfying the needs of fans used to the outsized coverage that was befitting of the world's number one sport.

Regardless of the reasons, it's unfortunate that on a night with no other sports or competition that the Women's Championship match was not available to a wider audience.  If we can't all agree on that, I don't know what to tell you.

Did anyone watch the OS Inter Miami-Barça feed? I am curious about who called it and if they were any good. 

I mean, since friendlies are unimportant they fill in with whatever they might dream of. Or else do it right and stay focused.

I watched on TUDN, and I thought that was one of the better Mexican broadcast teams I have heard.

20 hours ago, Cheeta said:

^ with TSN having the rights to Qatar you'd expect they'd be finding airspace to get quality football out there.  You know, just to contribute to a sense of anticipation.  Maybe they will yet.

I wouldn't be surprised if TSN outbids OneSoccer for the rights to the September MNT friendlies.

The lead-up to Qatar will be in full swing at that point.

3 hours ago, m-g-williams said:

Some slightly more positive press from B/R than the Akio fiasco. 

Since there was another by Bekker that led to a goal from a header near post, I think before this one, you would have thought they'd have sorted out that coverage. 

At some point, in the middle of a match, it's the keeper and CBs who should be solving the problems mid-match, because that was not hard to address.