OneSoccer

Foreen

4 hours ago, Cheeta said:

So...OneSoccer Today get the boot or what?  Knew there weren't going to be any editions during the holidays but we're well into January here.

Was wondering this too. The Jan CMNT window can't come soon enough with no MLS, CPL, etc. Shows like One Soccer Today fill the gap well between games.

19 minutes ago, narduch said:

One Soccer have revamped their website as more than just their video feeds. They now have news and analysis 

http://onesoccer.ca/

Good god. 

Got excited, thought maybe now they added options to properly pause and rewind live streams. Alas the actually streaming part of the website is untouched and still a shambles. Fingers crossed this is part one of a bigger revamp and upgrade 3 years overdue!

Edit: Had to come back as everything I type seems to be overtly negative and cynical lately.. always.. forever? HOWEVER, needed saying the new site looks good and like that its trying to be a one stop shop for all Canadian teams. Lots of potential if they used sources like Canucks abroad and other Canadian journalists to make a Canadians abroad page. 

Edited by toontownman
Negativity

5 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Or maybe they just arent the dicks that TSN are.  

Or maybe if you're trying to appeal to all Canadian soccer fans, it behooves you to cover the three biggest teams in the country, in the countries biggest markets, while also covering a league that has a growing number of quality Canadian players in it.

Really? Today of all days, I go into OneSoccer and it says my subscription has expired (perhaps it has!). Was fine when I watched it on Friday.

But what kind of fools run this, when they neither renew automatically (like every other streaming service I have), or at least send you an email telling you your subscription is expiring!

I got an email a few days ago, but the online chat person told me I had to wait for it to expire before I could renew (to keep my current account and information).  So, the early notice just made me worry early.  My last day on the old subscription is today, so I've been on tenterhooks throughout all of today's matches.  So far so good, and I'll renew for another year tomorrow.

8 hours ago, jonovision said:

Stockholm syndrome

That’s funny. Wheeler as beloved torturer. Well played and spot on.  It all comes down to wins, doesn’t it? We win, fewer doubts about Herdman. We win, more affection for Dunny and Wheels as they become the voices of our rising hope and pride. 

1 hour ago, Ansem said:

How eager will OneSoccer be to share their Nations League games this summer? 🤣

How eager would Sportsnet or TSN be to actually buy them? It's not the World Cup or World Cup qualifying, and given the hectic year I could see Herdman giving a lot of the A team a break. 

32 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

How eager would Sportsnet or TSN be to actually buy them? It's not the World Cup or World Cup qualifying, and given the hectic year I could see Herdman giving a lot of the A team a break. 

After a successful WCQ campaign, the team is hot and getting the coverage it deserves. Doubtful that all of a sudden they'd be "nah - we're good, not interested in those TV ratings and additional sponsors + add revenues"

Edited by Ansem

12 minutes ago, Ansem said:

After a successful WCQ campaign, the team is hot and getting the coverage it deserves. Doubtful that all of a sudden they'd be "nah - we're good"

Would they show the games? Sure, they'd be much more open to that. But this isn't a big event, and will likely not have the big names. This is the event for the die hards, like the "World Championships" for every sport that's big during the Olympics and ignored the 4 years in between.

The first edition of the women's Arnold Clark Cup rights (Canada, England, Spain & Germany) has been bought by TSN. After the Nashville WCQ, second time TSN has stepped in to outbid OneSoccer. Starts Feb 17th.

Last year, nobody (besides OS) was interested in Canada's matches at SheBelieves ex CBC showing a replay of match vs US 2 days later. Though, Arnold Cup organizers seem much more interested in getting international coverage while SheBelieves was only about the US market.

Wish they had a better name than Arnold Clark. Thought it was a major benefactor for the UK women's game but it is a new/used car dealer sponsoring the event.

https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/arnold-clark-cup-2022-itv-broadcast-tv-rights-pitch-international/

Edited by red card

11 hours ago, red card said:

The first edition of the women's Arnold Clark Cup rights (Canada, England, Spain & Germany) has been bought by TSN. After the Nashville WCQ, second time TSN has stepped in to outbid OneSoccer. Starts Feb 17th.

Last year, nobody (besides OS) was interested in Canada's matches at SheBelieves ex CBC showing a replay of match vs US 2 days later. Though, Arnold Cup organizers seem much more interested in getting international coverage while SheBelieves was only about the US market.

Wish they had a better name than Arnold Clark. Thought it was a major benefactor for the UK women's game but it is a new/used car dealer sponsoring the event.

https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/arnold-clark-cup-2022-itv-broadcast-tv-rights-pitch-international/

Interesting.  I thought Onesoccer had exclusive rights to all NT games?  Is it because it is only a one-off tournament?

7 hours ago, Ivan said:

Interesting.  I thought Onesoccer had exclusive rights to all NT games?  Is it because it is only a one-off tournament?

That's one of the differences between national team soccer and the major North American pro leagues. Matches are not regularly scheduled and there are many different competitions with separate rights needed to purchase.

OS has Canada home matches & Canada matches in Concacaf sanctioned events. TSN has World Cups. Rest needs to be bought as they come up. OS had the pitch to themselves for the past 2 years but now facing some competition. 

TSN getting Arnold Clark can't be for ratings as 2 of Canada's matches start on weekday mornings ET along with overlapping the Olympics. Some on twitter have been complaining women aren't getting the same coverage on linear tv. Though, women's WCQ are only this summer. 

Edited by red card