Dayne St. Clair

section114row20

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Must have assurances 

Have heard they are shopping DSC because he will be more easier to move within the league than Miller ($$$).  Maybe a Charlotte FC who is coming into the league and has yet to pick up a GK but the market for #1 jobs in the MLS won't be easy to find this off-season.  Might have to find a loan for him outside the league.

Word is that VWFC  are looking to do same with Thomas Hasal. 

Edited by Footyeh

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

I wonder how much of a raise he got??  What does a platoon starter get??  TFC pays their 2 keepers pretty well.  250K??  

If he got that kind of bump I would be surprised. 

He was only on 95K, so I don't see a player who was seldom used last season getting more than double, even with his potential. 

I am going to (optimistically) say 180K.

If I am St. Clair I am happy with that. 

• 2 months later...
8 minutes ago, VinceA said:

Doyle in the replies saying that apparently Minnesota's asking price for St. Clair is steep.

I don't understand Minnesota's plan here. They sunk his value last season and he'll be 25 in a few months. Heath made it clear that even if Miller stunk he would stick with him.

So it seems clear you either move him for value while he still has it, or trade Miller and use him as starter.  If you don't take either option he's likely to jump at the first chance he gets.

2 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

I don't understand Minnesota's plan here. They sunk his value last season and he'll be 25 in a few months. Heath made it clear that even if Miller stunk he would stick with him.

So it seems clear you either move him for value while he still has it, or trade Miller and use him as starter.  If you don't take either option he's likely to jump at the first chance he gets.

Anyone know how it works in Minnesota?  Does Heath make all the signings or is there a GM he butts heads with?

Otherwise, the terms of the new contract doesn't make total sense to me.  Unless the club anticipates a transfer sale down the road, but then they'd have to play him...

Edited by Metro

8 hours ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

highly rated, never played

He played a lot 2 years ago, after Miller got hurt and played very well.  Got the Loons to the Western Final (IIRC).  Last year, he and his team got off to a slow start.  Miller took over, the team started playing better and Dayne never got the job back.

1 hour ago, Ivan said:

He played a lot 2 years ago, after Miller got hurt and played very well.  Got the Loons to the Western Final (IIRC).  Last year, he and his team got off to a slow start.  Miller took over, the team started playing better and Dayne never got the job back.

I really can't comment on St. Clair's play but I have never been a fan of Miller.  He always seems prone to a big clanger.

I am quite surprised Heath is still in charge.  The team seems to have hit its ceiling under him.  

• 3 weeks later...