Dayne St. Clair

section114row20

4 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Easy now Mr Hot take.  Miller has a good game (or Minny has a good game), that doesnt negate everything StCLair has done.  Miller has barely played in Minnesota, its not like he has a long connection with them.  I dont think this is the end for StClair, he was going to sit sometime, I only saw the first half but Miller didnt look like Buffon. A bunch were right at him and he was very lucky Van didnt score when he went walkabout.  

Luck was all he needed to take the spot and now it’s his. 

Let's remember that Minnesota won't forget what St. Clair did for them last season and let's keep in mind that his success is their success. I expect them to ride Miller now in the short term, but I don't expect them to give up on Dane in the medium and long term. If the team was playing well and it was just St. Clair playing poorly, I would be more concerned, but that's not what happened. The Loons need results now and the best players in the moment will play. 

2 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

It’s most definitely in doubt, Miller got the W. 24 isn’t younf and he’s been displaced.  Dayne couldn’t get it done, he will need a loan or a transfer imminently to save his progression. You don’t want to be sitting on the bench in the midst of your career. Europe is now very unlikely and he may not leave purgatory.

Damn, things are lookin' rough for the kid.  Has anyone started a GoFundMe campaign for him yet?   😉

9 hours ago, Acid-Tone said:

Damn, things are lookin' rough for the kid.  Has anyone started a GoFundMe campaign for him yet?   😉

Maybe a go fund me for my hangover🤣

Sometimes you gotta raise a little hell but my god were the reactions funny😂

I don’t think they go back to him this weekend though sadly, Miller wasn’t really tested but wasn’t bad either and then getting a win in front of him doesn’t help Dayne. 

Pressure will be on Miller, as he knows he may get paid like the #1 GK, but one more slip up and he might lose the #1 spot to St Clair. And if that happens, Miller probably goes on trade block as he's making something like $400k vs St. Clair's free GA money. 

Competition is good for St Clair. 

16 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

Minnesota outshot Dallas 27 - 6. Unfortunately, I think it has more to do with the team finally playing well than St. Clair being the weak link.

This is very likely the case but as a goalie getting scored 10 goals against and only making 11 saves during that same period look bad regardless of many goals were unstoppable.  St. Clair was Minnesota's saviour last season and he was making outstanding saves that perhaps he hasn't been able to replicate this season.

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

About to get his first senior cap for Canada.  Congrats DSC :) 

Either way St Clair just adds to our depth especially at the GK position. Yeah Borjan may be our #1 keeper but St Clair I can definitely see him as our #1 heading into 2026 when he co-host with USA and Mexico. If Borjan is still around by then, of course he would be our starter but I doubt it. I think it will be between St. Clair and Pantemis and Crepeau for that spot come 2026. 2022 he will be with us should we qualify but he will most likely be a 2nd choice goalkeeper.

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, sebdeserio said:

Wouldn't have had to if they picked him instead of Dorsey at the draft.

Might have also considered that Buchanan kid… wonder how he’s progressing?… although TFC would have had him rotting on the bench.  2 highly touted Canadian prospects and TFC chose the American - speaks volumes of the Vanney era.

25 minutes ago, TOcanadafan said:

Might have also considered that Buchanan kid… wonder how he’s progressing?… although TFC would have had him rotting on the bench.  2 highly touted Canadian prospects and TFC chose the American - speaks volumes of the Vanney era.

You beat me to it!  I'm soo grateful TFC didn't draft Tajon, you just know he'd have 23 pro minutes at this point.