Dayne St. Clair

section114row20

6 hours ago, Bdog said:

I watched their first few games and their defence was straight up garbage. Really unlucky for him. 

Although the defence was bad, to be honest he didn't look good in those matches as well imo. Let in some poor goals and his reaction speed seemed slower than last season. Maybe it was just a little bit of bad form but i wasn't surprised at all that the coached benched him.

Not on the Minnessota bench tonight. They have 2 other goalies, including a 17 year old on the bench. Either he picked up a knock this week or he has a move in the works.

Hopefully, it's a move. He went from a top MLS keeper to a benchwarmer. They have to think they can loan him out to groom him as a starter.

On 8/14/2021 at 9:15 PM, TOcanadafan said:

Might have also considered that Buchanan kid… wonder how he’s progressing?… although TFC would have had him rotting on the bench.  2 highly touted Canadian prospects and TFC chose the American - speaks volumes of the Vanney era.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/2019-mls-superdraft-grades

The pundits at MLS gave New England a C+ grade for their 2019 MLS draft of Buchanan (9th overall) and De Juan Jones 11th overall).   One of the poorer grades given.   A Canadian kid named Callum Montgomery was drafted 4th overall. He has not played a minute in MLS and is currently on Minnesota’s books.  All this to show that, as quoted by Billy Bean in the movie Moneyball,  when it comes to drafting and projecting prospects You really never truly know.  

Edited by Free kick

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Corazon said:

Would really love Toronto FC to go after him.  We know the talent is there and he just needs an opportunity to play.  I am tired of watching Bono with Toronto FC repeatedly give away goals through poor distribution and poor shot stopping.  Would 100% rather bring DSC home to be the goalie here.

I’d imagine they kick tires on him this off-season, but it may be Miller who’s moved, I think everyone knows St.Clair has the higher ceiling.

13 hours ago, Corazon said:

Would really love Toronto FC to go after him.  We know the talent is there and he just needs an opportunity to play.  I am tired of watching Bono with Toronto FC repeatedly give away goals through poor distribution and poor shot stopping.  Would 100% rather bring DSC home to be the goalie here.

I doubt TFC are bringing back Westburg and Bono is as good as he will get which means the position should be up for grabs. I can't see a better fit than St Clair getting a chance at TFC.

13 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

I’d imagine they kick tires on him this off-season, but it may be Miller who’s moved, I think everyone knows St.Clair has the higher ceiling.

They spent a lot of money on Miller so I would assume he is their long term solution.

14 hours ago, Corazon said:

Me too, all of us really, but if anything we all know TFC doesn't care where he's from.  There is no difference between a Canadian or any other keeper.

40 minutes ago, costarg said:

Me too, all of us really, but if anything we all know TFC doesn't care where he's from.  There is no difference between a Canadian or any other keeper.

Is there an American keeper somewhere in the world with a handful of US caps but is suddenly being benched at the club level?

That's probably who will come in for TFC.

1 hour ago, CanadaFan123 said:

He's been extremely hard done by this season. The team in front of him sucked and he was dropped. Meanwhile Miller has had a few games where he's given up a bunch of goals but never gets dropped. You would think they would toss him a mid-week game or something at least.

Miller is on 4x the dough so maybe that plays into it as well. Miller had a hot hand for a while and the team was playing well so I understand it then. But as you said there were mid week games St. Clair could of got some looks. 

St. Clair to TFC would be interesting. Not sure Bono's contract status but if they can offload him then it makes sense. Westburg is on the higher end of backup money, maybe get him lower. 

St. Clair is on $99.520

Tyler Miller $420,937

Bono $482,000

Westberg $288,583

Kevin Silva $66,724

17 hours ago, Corazon said:

This would be a great fit for both sides. Too bad bald fraud Manning won’t do it because sTaBiLiTy

• 4 weeks later...