Dayne St. Clair

section114row20

Yea Seattle were unlucky to be down, I watched the whole game and it was just pure class.

Morris demolishing the post, Ruidaz’s bully offside goal, the marking was piss poor on the 3 goals.

bad bounce for him on Bruin’s goal, but I don’t think he had the experience to stop Ruidaz in tight like that, you knew right away that it was going in.

He looked great commanding his box and distributing the ball but I was really hoping he would make a game changing save after only stopping a dribbler in the first half. Then he let in all three shots. May not have been his fault, but he didn't make that game changing save I hoped he would.

Apparently there was 5 shots on him. Maybe it was the looping cross he poked over the bar?

I didn't watch the match but I know Seattle had two extra days' rest (4 versus 6 days off - a big difference). Surely that played a significant part in the match?

I actually haven't caught a Minnesota game all season which is a shame. Would love to be able to see DSC for myself. He was the highest rated goalkeeper (and 13th highest overall player) in the MLS according to SofaScore.

3 hours ago, Big_M said:

Looking back this one is all on heath as he had great options on the bench for this type of situation with 20 min to go but just didnt make the required subs..very bad game management from him just like the open cup final last year..ownership needs to have a talk with him and find a solution..maybe bring an assistant who will advise him on what to do in those situations..a coaching change would be extreme with the results they are getting 

• 4 months later...
13 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I don’t fault him for any of the goals. On the last two plays he has to play the shot - otherwise the guy just passes it into the corner of the net.  He has to rely on his defenders to take away the passes across the box.  And they just didn’t. 

hung out dry by his defence. Loons will be a decent team. But need some CB upgrades

22 minutes ago, Big_M said:

great job saving the penalty..bad reactions on at least a couple of the goals conceded..early in the season still put it behind you and get ready for the next one

I didn’t see the 4th, but felt the second was a top class play and even the 3rd, he could have maybe stayed deeper in his nets but that may have even exposed him given the pass back to Ruidiaz that was given.

4 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

I didn’t see the 4th, but felt the second was a top class play and even the 3rd, he could have maybe stayed deeper in his nets but that may have even exposed him given the pass back to Ruidiaz that was given.

He had no chance on the 4th either just like any of the first three, a one-time volley from Montero back in the opposite direction that St. Clair was coming from into the corner of the net. The only one he might have had a chance on in different circumstances would have been the 1st but he sees it late because he is screened by his own defenders. Even if he sees it when it gets shot, it would probably be Save of the Season material if he was able to get it. I think it's insane to think he had any chance on the 2nd or 3rd. 

8 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

He had no chance on the 4th either just like any of the first three, a one-time volley from Montero back in the opposite direction that St. Clair was coming from into the corner of the net. The only one he might have had a chance on in different circumstances would have been the 1st but he sees it late because he is screened by his own defenders. Even if he sees it when it gets shot, it would probably be Save of the Season material if he was able to get it. I think it's insane to think he had any chance on the 2nd or 3rd. 

That’s fair, tbh he to me was the reason they were even in it.

Minnesota’s defence looks so bad this year, a lot of awful giveaways leading to goals. Nothing he could do on the 2nd goal tonight.

You’d think Montgomery would get some playing time if they keep this up. 

Thomas Nef brought this up on Northern Futbol and I don't think it can be fully dismissed but the CSA and Herdman should understand St. Clair's situation.

If he ends up feeling like he's 3rd choice (or even 2nd when Borjan leaves the program in a few years) and Trinidad and Tobago come calling offering him the #1 shirt he could end up switching. 

Something to consider. 

• 2 weeks later...

Nice little article on St. Clair

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/amp/sports/article-dayne-st-clair-standing-tall-despite-minnesotas-early-season-struggles/

On 4/25/2021 at 12:56 AM, VinceA said:

Thomas Nef brought this up on Northern Futbol and I don't think it can be fully dismissed but the CSA and Herdman should understand St. Clair's situation.

If he ends up feeling like he's 3rd choice (or even 2nd when Borjan leaves the program in a few years) and Trinidad and Tobago come calling offering him the #1 shirt he could end up switching. 

Something to consider. 

Can't underestimate the fact that he looks up to Trini-Canadian Hutchinson + played as a kid with Kamal Miller and Alistair Johnston. He has a good emotional connection with this team.

Plus the facts that the T&T FA are still a mess, and his former teammates Greg Ranjitsingh has never really had the chance to play international football despite picking T&T over Canada.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

9 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Nice little article on St. Clair

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/amp/sports/article-dayne-st-clair-standing-tall-despite-minnesotas-early-season-struggles/

Can't underestimate the fact that he looks up to Trini-Canadian Hutchinson + played as a kid with Kamal Miller and Alistair Johnston. He has a good emotional connection with this team.

Plus the facts that the T&T FA are still a mess, and his former teammates Greg Ranjitsingh has never really had the chance to play international football despite picking T&T over Canada.

So you're saying he's going to Besiktas?