Dayne St. Clair

section114row20

2 hours ago, shamrock said:

Yeah MU now has 2 goalkeepers, Shuttleworth and St Clair. I think he's in a good spot if they plan t develop him behind Schuttleworth this season, maybe getting a few starts and then in the second year take over the no1 spot. Sort of the Blake scenario.

Agreed. Never seen St. Claire play but Shuttleworth is a very average MLS GK IMO. Was kind of hoping he would land with the Rapids to train with Tim Howard for a year or 2 but they're such a tire fire he probably dodged a bullet.

• 4 weeks later...

St Clair got 45 minutes of preseason action against phoenix rising yesterday.  Pretty low key (it was streamed live on youtube) but he kept a clean sheet.  Funny how the Loons/ST Clair can handle a USL squad and TFC give up 5 against Vegas. 

9 hours ago, Bison44 said:

St Clair got 45 minutes of preseason action against phoenix rising yesterday.  Pretty low key (it was streamed live on youtube) but he kept a clean sheet.  Funny how the Loons/ST Clair can handle a USL squad and TFC give up 5 against Vegas. 

Did you see the tem TFC fielded? 

Does anybody else think of the Barenaked Ladies song "Jane" when they read Dayne's name? If he ever makes it to the CMNT there's got to be a chant to that tune.

"The girl works at the store, sweet Jane St. Clair" could become something like "The man works in the net, sweet Dayne St. Clair"

I'm not good at this stuff though, so I'm just going to stop there.

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, BenFisk'sBiggestFan said:

Shuttleworth has always been a sub-par MLS keeper. So I was thrilled when i heard he went to Minnesota. It’s probably the easiest place in the league to win the starting job. It is awesome to see him earning it. I really hope he can get some serious time this year.

At first I thought this as well but they now have Vito Mannone who has been a starter in the Prem and is only 31 this year.  

So St Clair is battling for the backup spot.  Obviously the good news is that as a high pick and young player the team has more interest in developing him.  

9 hours ago, Keegan said:

At first I thought this as well but they now have Vito Mannone who has been a starter in the Prem and is only 31 this year.  

So St Clair is battling for the backup spot.  Obviously the good news is that as a high pick and young player the team has more interest in developing him.  

Yeah no one is going to start a rookie goalkeeper right out of the gate. He'll get a couple of games in this season and has a fighting chance next season.