Dayne St. Clair

section114row20

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Shway said:

Pump the brakes and drive slow homie.

Crepeau is the undisputed trusted #2. 

Crepeau only benefitted from St. Clair being out of form from losing his starter spot last season. Their stats so fsr this season dont even compare, with Dayne leaving Max in the dust.

Edited by LeoH037

2 hours ago, LeoH037 said:

Crepeau only benefitted from St. Clair being out of form from losing his starter spot last season. Their stats so fsr this season dont even compare, with Dayne leaving Max in the dust.

Tbh I have the notion, that after the WC and if Borjan retires (I can probably see it after the NL finals 🤞🏿) the # 1 spot is up for grabs. 

However right now, Crepeau has stood on his head for Canada when called to deputy Borjan. There was a point some were calling him to be #1 when Borjan was consistently doing his shenanigans. 

9 hours ago, Craig11rm said:

Lol Max has shown consistency over multiple seasons and I don’t think he’s had a bad game for Canada. It’s nice to see we are going to have solid competition between all 3 goalies now.

It took Max how long to nail a starting spot in a club? Dayne has been a pro for just a bit more than 2 seasons, and for an American club. He had a sophomore slump is all. But okay. 

10 hours ago, Craig11rm said:

Lol Max has shown consistency over multiple seasons and I don’t think he’s had a bad game for Canada.

I still have visions of him bouncing the ball off an attacker just on the edge of the box which could've been a disaster on a different day with a different ref and VAR.  A few other not box commanding situations, but ya, overall he looked ok, but I fear tougher competition could make him look pretty bad and vulnerable.  The younger guys will pass him soon.

3 hours ago, A_Gagne said:

Hey peeps, remember when Quillan Roberts made our Gold Cup team? Remember when Simon Thomas actually started games for us? Yeah, with respect to those boys, I'm liking our current GK "problems".

I wish our CB, RCB and midfield had that kind of depth.

On 4/23/2022 at 12:28 PM, A_Gagne said:

Hey peeps, remember when Quillan Roberts made our Gold Cup team? Remember when Simon Thomas actually started games for us? Yeah, with respect to those boys, I'm liking our current GK "problems".

surpirsed he hasn't retired - simon Thomas

15 hours ago, yothat2 said:

surpirsed he hasn't retired - simon Thomas

Yeah, he's actually made a decent career in Scandinavia out of being more or less a journeyman back up keeper. Never been a consistent starter anywhere, but always finds a way to get his next contract, and at a decent enough level.

Must be a good locker room guy.

No disrespect at all with my previous post, just saying that the CMNT bar should realistically be a little bit higher.

It was 2020 when St Clair won the job at Minnesota and people questioned if he was going to give Crepeau a run for his money. Then, he lost the starting job and Crepeau stood on his head for club and country, to the point where people questioned if he was going to leapfrog Borjan for the no. 1 jersey. Now St Clair is playing and back to his best and the narrative has picked back up where it left ofd, it seems.

I haven't seen the underlying numbers to say whether he's actually out performing Crepeau, but I will say that competion is great and may the best keeper win. We clearly have 3 fine options and a handful of young guns earning time. This feels like the deepest we've been at keeper for a long time, if not ever. 

On 4/23/2022 at 2:28 PM, A_Gagne said:

heck I don't think Kenny Stamatopoulos played another professional match after starting the entire Gold Cup in 2015.

6 hours ago, Obinna said:

I haven't seen the underlying numbers to say whether he's actually out performing Crepeau

It’s early, but St. Clair is having one of the best statistical seasons EVER… off the charts.  Crepeau has been League average - but getting the wins and playing for a top team.  

Edited by TOcanadafan

If he keeps this up, it’s possible he’s one of the players heading to Europe next.

i mean his team just embarrassed US eligible GK Slonina who was all but headed to Chelsea until the ownership situation fell through.

He’s also 3 years younger than Matt Turner who signed with Arsenal and has higher potential

We’ve been so focused on where David or Larin will end up next, maybe DSC surprises us

It’s obviously very early, but Zack Steffen leveraged some good seasons with Columbus to get a transfer to city, and then of course Matt Turner did the same and is going to Arsenal, so I’m really excited st St. Clair’s Europe potential. If the absolute best clubs in the world are getting their keepers from MLS, you have to think that after this season or next, a handful of top 5 league clubs will be inquiring about his services.