Dayne St. Clair

section114row20

On 4/25/2021 at 12:56 AM, VinceA said:

Thomas Nef brought this up on Northern Futbol and I don't think it can be fully dismissed but the CSA and Herdman should understand St. Clair's situation.

If he ends up feeling like he's 3rd choice (or even 2nd when Borjan leaves the program in a few years) and Trinidad and Tobago come calling offering him the #1 shirt he could end up switching. 

Something to consider. 

Yea I’m not concerned with “losing him” with him Borjan mostly likely done after 2022. So he’ll mostly likely be a number 2, and be a real contender for the number 1 spot.

You don’t switch nations when you are consistently in the roster. 

I found this funny, because I keep saying - guys who are Canadian do not switch to their Caribbean nation if they are in the CMNT squad.

Skylar Thomas should be playing with T&T...

Not a great start to the season... and last night failed to secure a goal mouth scramble that led directly to the tying goal (a little similar to the Crepeau gaffe from late in yesterday’s game that didn’t count because of hand ball).  I wonder if his starting place is in jeopardy?  Neither him nor Crepeau are making a case to challenge Borjan.

1 hour ago, TOcanadafan said:

Not a great start to the season... and last night failed to secure a goal mouth scramble that led directly to the tying goal (a little similar to the Crepeau gaffe from late in yesterday’s game that didn’t count because of hand ball).  I wonder if his starting place is in jeopardy?  Neither him nor Crepeau are making a case to challenge Borjan.

I haven't seen another angle but the play you are talking about in the Van-MTL game doesn't look like a gaffe from Crepeau.

St-Clair was clearly at fault.

2 hours ago, TOcanadafan said:

Crepeau has been better than average this season - especially since he hasn't played for a year.

St. Clair has been below average. Fotmob rated him a 3.6 yesterday. Given the team is in last place, he is at risk of losing his starting role.

39 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Wouldn’t be at all surprised if Miller gets the start next match. Minnesota is desperate for points and I don’t think they’re going to wait on DSC to turn it around.

^^^  I wouldnt be surprised either.  Not really that StClair has played poorly, but clearly the team needs a shake up, a wake up call.  If the poor defensive play continues with Miller in there, the manager will go back to Dayne.  

30 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

He’s lost the starting position at Minnesota, his future is now in doubt. Minnesota is leading and Miller been solid, not sure he deserved to lose it but such is the way.

He will have a tough time displacing Miller in the next few games, but “his future is now in doubt”?  No way.  He is a young guy who took advantage of an opportunity last year and made the most of it.  Getting (potentially temporarily) displaced after a few rough games isn’t as career altering as you seem to be claiming.  

Miller got lucky on a few occasions where he should have handled the ball much cleaner but wasn't punished for it. Vancouver shot everything straight at him. Don't think goalkeeping was a factor in this match but since they got the clean sheet, it won't matter and he'll hold on to the starting spot for now. Helps that Minnesota didn't give up the continual 2-0's against the keeper like they did in their previous matches (or Vancouver didn't create them, take your pick).

5 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

He will have a tough time displacing Miller in the next few games, but “his future is now in doubt”?  No way.  He is a young guy who took advantage of an opportunity last year and made the most of it.  Getting (potentially temporarily) displaced after a few rough games isn’t as career altering as you seem to be claiming.  

It’s most definitely in doubt, Miller got the W. 24 isn’t younf and he’s been displaced.  Dayne couldn’t get it done, he will need a loan or a transfer imminently to save his progression. You don’t want to be sitting on the bench in the midst of your career. Europe is now very unlikely and he may not leave purgatory.

4 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

It’s most definitely in doubt, Miller got the W. 24 isn’t younf and he’s been displaced.  Dayne couldn’t get it done, he will need a loan or a transfer imminently to save his progression. You don’t want to be sitting on the bench in the midst of your career. Europe is now very unlikely and he may not leave purgatory.

I still think that is way over-reacting to the situation.  Being displaced isn’t necessarily long term.  Looking for a loan or a transfer after sitting on the bench for literally one game would be crazy given the experience he has had  with that team so far.  

I think its a rough patch for St. Clair but this Minnesota team against better sides will keep getting rocked so despite this one great showing by Miller I don't think the GK situation is sorted at all. The defence is  bigger issue and the fact Montgomery isn't getting looks is annoying.

Easy now Mr Hot take.  Miller has a good game (or Minny has a good game), that doesnt negate everything StCLair has done.  Miller has barely played in Minnesota, its not like he has a long connection with them.  I dont think this is the end for StClair, he was going to sit sometime, I only saw the first half but Miller didnt look like Buffon. A bunch were right at him and he was very lucky Van didnt score when he went walkabout.  

48 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

He’s lost the starting position at Minnesota, his future is now in doubt. Minnesota is leading and Miller been solid, not sure he deserved to lose it but such is the way.

15 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I still think that is way over-reacting to the situation.  Being displaced isn’t necessarily long term.  Looking for a loan or a transfer after sitting on the bench for literally one game would be crazy given the experience he has had  with that team so far.  

He needs to keep getting better if he’s going to be a CAN MNT player, this is worrisome, he’s on the bench now for minimum the next 5 games.