Tajon Buchanan

nolando

On 9/28/2022 at 10:23 AM, CanadaFan123 said:

Could see it that way but I think we may also be more effective with a right foot on that left side. The Davies/Sam combo is a little predictable and easier to game plan for. 

I agree. We are strongest with them both there. Davies is unstoppable at the highest level running at the opposition on that side and it’s also Tajon’s best look. They’re both capable defenders as well. Davies is so fast, and Tajon has played some pretty tenacious football in Belgium as a back.

But vs Uruguay when Herdman had Davies at left back with Tajon on the wing, it seemed Davies was still moving to the middle or right and Kone was covering for him… not sure that was helping us overall despite Davies obvious quality no matter where he is. Tajon alone on left was not much figuring in the play and our left side was weak when it should have been our strength. 

Edited by ECW

On 9/28/2022 at 10:23 AM, CanadaFan123 said:

Could see it that way but I think we may also be more effective with a right foot on that left side. The Davies/Sam combo is a little predictable and easier to game plan for. 

this 100. Sam at LB or LWB and Tajon at LW cutting in. Davies at RW with Richie or Johnston at RB/RWB. 

22 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

I think having Davies and Tajon on opposite wings is actually ideal.  Part of the reason Davies got smothered against Uruguay was because they were keying on him.  If you have a decent threat on the right side as well as the left, it's harder to devote so much effort in covering one side.

Davies was most often in the middle of the park vs Uruguay where he was met by all of the defence that one usually finds in the middle. And he might have been on the right as much as he he was on the left. 

Edited by ECW

14 minutes ago, Mikmacdo said:

this 100. Sam at LB or LWB and Tajon at LW cutting in. Davies at RW with Richie or Johnston at RB/RWB. 

The off wing thing is interesting but I think unless you are sacrificing Larin and asking David to play as lone centre striker (not his best role) you open up huge gaps in the centre if you play both fullbacks and wingers. Against good teams at least. 

And still Adekugbe is a lock, no?