Tajon Buchanan

nolando

11 hours ago, Shway said:

….Tajon is not a RB.
We gotta stop wanting our attackers to play defensive* postions.

Tajon has had a great season.  His results may have been mixed but he was adjusting to a new league and a new standard of play.  He's started every week playing the full 90 most games.   He's also had to play on the left and I think he's much better on the right side.  You're bang on.  Tajon is a right winger or a RWB with an attack minded ball dominant team.  He's not a RB.  I hope he gets an opportunity to play on the right side next year.

14 hours ago, Shway said:

….Tajon is not a RB.
We gotta stop wanting our attackers to play defensive* postions.

Well it also sounds like Ajax's starting RW is going to follow ten Hag to Man U, so take your pick... 

In any case, I was being flippant in my original post. Although it would be a great next move, there's still a lot Tajon can accomplish at Brugge.

Edited by Güerito

Would love to see him spend another year or two with Brugge. He’s played very well and already has I believe the 7th highest transfer price in all of Belgium, so imagining where he could be this time next year is really exciting. I think he’s well on his way to a very nice transfer, but I’d like to see him really dominate before that happens

2 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

Would love to see him spend another year or two with Brugge. He’s played very well and already has I believe the 7th highest transfer price in all of Belgium, so imagining where he could be this time next year is really exciting. I think he’s well on his way to a very nice transfer, but I’d like to see him really dominate before that happens

I think a year would be good to let him start to take over. I'm high on his ceiling, so in my eyes if he's still in Belgium and not in a Top 5 league come the 2023/24 season maybe his ceiling isn't as high as some of us think.

15 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

I think a year would be good to let him start to take over. I'm high on his ceiling, so in my eyes if he's still in Belgium and not in a Top 5 league come the 2023/24 season maybe his ceiling isn't as high as some of us think.

Even if he spends 3 years in Belgium, he’ll only be 25 at the end of the 23/24 season. I think that’s a solid age to make a big move.

On 5/12/2022 at 10:15 AM, Approve My Account Pls said:

Coaching change for Tajon... perhaps Schreuder can put in a good word at Ajax??

This is pretty crazy.

Their previous manager just left in January to take over Monaco.

Club Brugges are champions of the Belgium league as they beat Antwerp 3-1. Congratulations to Tajon for winning a cup title. He will be playing Champions league football next year.  It’s a pity he had to sit this one out due to a red card last game. But it’s great to see him celebrating with his team at the end of the game. 🏆

So we have Davies (Bundesliga title), Eustaqio (Liga Portugal title) and both Brym and Laryea in promotion battles. Canadian men are doing well 

Edited by pod818

6 minutes ago, pod818 said:

Club Brugges are champions of the Belgium league. Congratulations to Tajon for winning a cup title. He will be playing Champions league football next year.  It’s a pity he had to sit this one out due to a red card last game. But it’s great to see him celebrating with his team at the end of the game.

So we have Davies (Bundesliga title), Eustaqio (Liga Portugal title) and both Brym and Laryea in promotion battles. Canadian men are doing well 

That is awesome. I knew they were doing well but wasn’t sure about standings and progress.  Great to hear.  

I’m really happy with the progression Tajon made this year.  I’d like to see him play another full season in Belgium and get some Champions League play before moving on to another league.

He’s in a great club situation with Brugge and another title would be good for him.  He was really the missing piece for Brugge and they had an incredible finish to the season since he joined and he’s had a positive impact for them.

18 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

I’m really happy with the progression Tajon made this year.  I’d like to see him play another full season in Belgium and get some Champions League play before moving on to another league.

He’s in a great club situation with Brugge and another title would be good for him.  He was really the missing piece for Brugge and they had an incredible finish to the season since he joined and he’s had a positive impact for them.

He’s been a great fit at Brugges and made a great choice. I remember some folks weren’t happy he chose the Belgium league and teams like Augsburg were mentioned, which was suggested would be better as he would be in the Bundesliga.

Look how things have turned out with Pepi at Augsburg. Fighting relegation, no goals, no assists, and doesn’t even make the field in meaningless games. 

Edited by pod818