Tajon Buchanan

nolando

1 hour ago, TGAA_Star said:

I think so especially since the domestic club season for European leagues starts up by August

Thanks, I checked: here's the group stage. Very intense, I wonder if it'll favour some teams and hurt others to condense the group stage. In principle, this is better for the deeper teams with stronger rosters.

• Matchday 1: Sept. 6-7, 2022.
  • Matchday 2: Sept. 13-14, 2022.
  • Matchday 3: Oct. 4-5, 2022.
  • Matchday 4: Oct. 11-12, 2022.
  • Matchday 5: Oct. 25-26, 2022.
  • Matchday 6: Nov. 1-2, 2022.

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Thanks, I checked: here's the group stage. Very intense, I wonder if it'll favour some teams and hurt others to condense the group stage. In principle, this is better for the deeper teams with stronger rosters.

• Matchday 1: Sept. 6-7, 2022.
  • Matchday 2: Sept. 13-14, 2022.
  • Matchday 3: Oct. 4-5, 2022.
  • Matchday 4: Oct. 11-12, 2022.
  • Matchday 5: Oct. 25-26, 2022.
  • Matchday 6: Nov. 1-2, 2022.

At least they don't need to qualify. As always, some very early dates for some smaller federations in all three competitions.

On 5/15/2022 at 7:59 PM, Free kick said:

No matter how much I slice and dice the numbers between Club Brugge and Augsburg, looking at league, standings in the league, head to head matchups, performace in Europe, performance in europe using comparable clubs,  strenght of groups in CL and EL, etc etc etc.

Atfter all this, i am left with one conclusion.  These two are virtually identical clubs as far as quality.  Hence it should probably be no surprise that in the Bundesliga, Brugge would finish 14th where Augsburg did and that Augsburg would proabably win the Belgian title.   So it should be no surprise that it came down to choice between these two.   So if TB is good enough to earn good ratings and reviews (in relation to his peers) at Brugge, you have to figure it would have been the same with Augsburg.  So i do agrre with @Watchmen that TB might have been good enough to propell them to 10th or 12th. 

PS:  for all the talk of relegation, Augsburg were fairly clear of the relegation spot, they were closer to mid table than relegation, so i dont get this talk of relegation and they are a terrible team.

I noticed that the US didn't call up Pepi for their friendlies and Nations League.

That is the downside of going to a club like Augsburg 

7 minutes ago, narduch said:

I noticed that the US didn't call up Pepi for their friendlies and Nations League. 

but that was intentional so as to give him rest because he did not have the full normal MLS offseason.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/who-s-in-and-who-s-out-gregg-berhalter-addresses-usmnt-roster-for-june-camp

See Bruges have bought striker Ferran Jutglà from Barça, he is a reserve team player but had 10 1st team games this year and is good. 

Leading scorer in Spain third tier playing 25 games. 

They paid 6 million, similar to Tajon's price. They clearly see they can win in Belgium with these lesser knowns they hope to sell on later. He said he accepted because they are in Champions League. 

I think he'll combine well with Tajon, he moves very smart and strikes hard. 

3 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

See Bruges have bought striker Ferran Jutglà from Barça, he is a reserve team player but had 10 1st team games this year and is good. 

Leading scorer in Spain third tier playing 25 games. 

They paid 6 million, similar to Tajon's price. They clearly see they can win in Belgium with these lesser knowns they hope to sell on later. He said he accepted because they are in Champions League. 

I think he'll combine well with Tajon, he moves very smart and strikes hard. 

I admit I have a personal interest in Jutglà, he seems to be a distant relative of my sister-in-law, from the same area in the Pyrenees foothills. 

I think Tajon, with a solid season and a decent World Cup, will get another transfer offer next year. 

12 hours ago, An Observer said:

Aren’t all the people in that area of the Pyrenees relatives of your sister in law? 😃

Funny. Jutglà or Jutglar are rather unusual surnames. 

My wife's cousin was head of sports for El País, she also has a rare surname but people recognize it because of him. 

Theres a guy from the village next to my wife's playing for Louisville in USL, Ian Pino Soler, but he's not related. 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

• 4 weeks later...

Brugges are currently playing a pre season friendly against lower division Thes Sport and Jutgla has scored twice in the first half.  ForMob doesn’t give any additional context - including who assisted - but it would be great if they now have a really clinical striker who can finish off the chances created on the wings.  Could be an important piece of the puzzle for their (relative) success in the CL.  

Doesn't look like Tajon is playing that friendly match. They played two separate teams, each half, then subbed in others late.

In other Brugge news, Andy Carroll failed his physical, after interrupting his honeymoon, so they are not signing him.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/andy-carroll-honeymoon-transfer-brugge-27325603

44 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Doesn't look like Tajon is playing that friendly match. They played two separate teams, each half, then subbed in others late.

In other Brugge news, Andy Carroll failed his physical, after interrupting his honeymoon, so they are not signing him.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/andy-carroll-honeymoon-transfer-brugge-27325603

a physical during a honeymoon? Well no wonder he failed it

• 2 weeks later...

They lost 2-4 in a pre-season friendly to Copenhagen, but with first team players to m. 60 it was 2-0, Tajon played those first 60.

Larin still not ready it seems. 

They played a full match plus an extra period so the youth and subs played the 2nd hour. 

De Kaetelare is now rumored to be going to AC Milan for 25 million and the Flemish equivalent of TAM.

If anyone has any intel on how Tajon is doing in these pre seasons friendlies, it would be cool to get an update.  FotMob doesn’t list lineups and he doesn’t seem to have gotten on the scoresheet so there isn’t a lot to go by.   Results have been pretty good (I think) and the new guy Jutgla seems to be a goal machine (scored twice in the game that just finished) so Bugge’s preseason is shaping up nicely so far, but it would be good to know if Tajon is making himself indispensable.  

5 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

If anyone has any intel on how Tajon is doing in these pre seasons friendlies, it would be cool to get an update.  FotMob doesn’t list lineups and he doesn’t seem to have gotten on the scoresheet so there isn’t a lot to go by.   Results have been pretty good (I think) and the new guy Jutgla seems to be a goal machine (scored twice in the game that just finished) so Bugge’s preseason is shaping up nicely so far, but it would be good to know if Tajon is making himself indispensable.  

Based on the teams twitter Larin and Buchanan started the 2nd half and both had assists 

Two nice assists both to Jutglà who just finishes. The guy is a finishing machine. He looks unassuming, physically and even his character, but just plugs them in. 

Tajon was very good over that half. He's tricky, daring, fast, he was double and triple teamed, and also fouled quite a bit.

Larin was a bit less on cue, first match in. He was on the right side attack of a 4-4-2 at first. But Larin seemed to have the okay to move more, left and right, in behind the striker. So he's linking more and Jutglà stays in the slot so to speak. He wore the 11, Jutglà the 9, but I am not sure those are definitive numbers or not.