Tajon Buchanan

nolando

37 minutes ago, maccaliam said:

Assuming he has fully recovered with no residual effects, I wonder if a few days off training may actually be a bit of a blessing in disguise for Tajon. I feel like he has played a lot of soccer over the past 12 (18?) months plus a lot of travel. Hopefully this will allow his body to recover a bit and avoid possible overuse fatigue and injuries. Fingers crossed he will come back ready to perform at his best for the rest of Brugge’s campaign. 

I kind of thought something similar. If you're Tajon, having a few days off may have been good opportunity to reflect on where he's at. A little less than a year ago he was getting his first caps for Canada at any level, now he's an MLS Supporters Shield winner and a top option for the full national team and a regular with a perennial Champions League / Europa League club. There's a lot for him to take in here. 

I hope this little break let's him re-focus on this very important stretch coming up for club and country.

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, king1010 said:

one of tajons young teamates attracting interest from napoli. Would be great if tajon attracts a similar move in a year or two. 

Lang and De Ketelaere are legit talents with big futures, so not surprising.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2022 at 10:05 AM, king1010 said:

one of tajons young teamates attracting interest from napoli. Would be great if tajon attracts a similar move in a year or two. 

With Tajon being one of Canada's best and being one of our young guns plus Canada's qualifying for Qatar, I can see bigger clubs being interested

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, El Hombre said:

I just tuned into the game on DAZN and he's having himself an afternoon.  Nice little chip in for a header off the woodwork and now an important secondary assist on their first goal.

Extremely bright on both ends. Could have had a stunner with a killer meg and clear chance in the last five minutes. Brugge with 8 straight by 2 or more in every game. Apparently a club record.

58 minutes ago, Free kick said:

Correct me if I am wrong, Its my understanding that the top four clubs in Belgium enter a playoff now to determine the champion.   So, as of yesterday,  the season is over.  

I find it confusing as well. 

I saw that St. Gilloise rightly celebrated their league win the other day (which I guess is the single table), then they do these playoffs. I really do not like them. I could appreciate they'd use them to extend a season that was too short or something. But to deny a clear and deserving winner the full joy of celebrating a league win?

From Wikipedia:

Championship Playoff[edit]

The point system in the championship playoff is the same as during the regular season, except that each team starts with half of the points they won in the regular season, rounded up to the nearest integer. The points gained by rounding are deducted in the case of a tie.

The top four teams from the regular season enter the championship playoff, with the first-placed team winning the championship of Belgium. Each team plays their opponents twice, and the teams are ranked by points, points from rounding, wins, etc. as in the regular season.

56 minutes ago, Metro said:

From Wikipedia:

Championship Playoff[edit]

The point system in the championship playoff is the same as during the regular season, except that each team starts with half of the points they won in the regular season, rounded up to the nearest integer. The points gained by rounding are deducted in the case of a tie.

The top four teams from the regular season enter the championship playoff, with the first-placed team winning the championship of Belgium. Each team plays their opponents twice, and the teams are ranked by points, points from rounding, wins, etc. as in the regular season.

That's an interesting concept.  Also seems to be a bit arbitrary (i.e. start with half the points you gained in the regular season) and that could lead to some unintended outcomes - e.g. one team leads all others by say twenty points in the regular season, leading to a very anticlimactic playoff.