Gold Cup 2019

1 hour ago, Blackjack15 said:

Today the CSA was supposed to release the 40-man provisional roster for the Gold Cup, the same one that John Herdman submitted to CONCACAF on Thursday 

Nowhere to be seen, anyone know why?

I never read anything about CSA releasing today?

I know concacaf will release all 40 man rosters on monday. See my above post. 

The above lineups look great but I honestly think we are going to see Both Atiba and MAK on the backline for the Gold Cup in order to manage Atiba’s aging body and to get the best 11 on the pitch. Agree Millar is in the second 11 at the moment but imagine he’ll see time in at least 2 of the group phase games. For me the toughest call is Godinho / ZBG. Can’t wait. 

Henry just limped off with a serious looking injury, possibly a hamstring, it was serious enough that he came off and left the Caps down to 10 as they had just made their last sub, I have been impressed with his play and most of us have him penciled in as a starting CB, this may change, hopefully it's not as bad as it looks!

On 5/18/2019 at 10:27 AM, Alex said:

The front 6 has to be Cavallini, David, Hutchinson, Arfield, Hoilett, Davies. Any order, any combo and I don’t care about anyone else, just start with these 6 on the field. 

I would start one of Piette or MAK in that front 6. Gives the team more balance. Not sure who I would sit of that 6. Good problem to have.

https://gallery.mailchimp.com/78d3589fb61466b549ff752e5/files/041bd60a-92da-467b-b8d6-d6a51bae68bd/2019_Concacaf_Gold_Cup_Preliminary_Lists_May_20.pdf here’s are 40 man squad

SAMUEL ADEKUGBE (D)
TESHO AKINDELE (F)
SCOTT ARFIELD (M)
MILAN BORJAN (GK)
ZACHARY BRAULT-GUILLARD (D)

ALESSANDRO BUSTI (GK)
LUCAS CAVALLINI (F)
JUAN CORDOVA (D)
DEREK CORNELIUS (D)
MAXIME CREPEAU (GK)        

JONATHAN DAVID (M/F)

ALPHONSO DAVIES (M)
DAVID EDGAR (D)
RAHEEM EDWARDS (M/F)

MARCUS GODINHO (D)
ANDRE HAINAULT (D)
DONEIL HENRY (D)
JUNIOR HOILETT (M)
ATIBA HUTCHINSON (M)         

ANTHONY JACKSON-HAMEL (M/F)

DEJAN JAKOVIC (D)

MANJREKAR JAMES (D)
WILL JOHNSON (M)
MARK ANTHONY KAYE (M)

CYLE LARIN (F)
JAYSON LEUTWILER (GK)

BRETT LEVIS (D)
LIAM MILLAR (M/F)
KAMAL MILLER (D)

ASHTONE MORGAN (D)

NOBLE OKELLO AYO (M)

JONATHAN OSORIO (M)

JAMES PANTEMIS (GK)

SAMUEL PIETTE (M)
TOSAINT RICKETTS (F)

ADAM STRAITH (D)
BALLOU TABLA (M/F)
RUSSELL TEIBERT (M)
SIMON THOMAS (GK)

DAVID WOTHERSPOON (M)

Edited by SkuseisLoose

On 5/18/2019 at 2:24 PM, baulderdash77 said:

Halifax is an interesting and bold choice.  It would be sold out and loud

Much as I'd love to have a game in Victoria, I'd support a Halifax bid first.

I don't think our stadium is ready yet (we need the stand on the fourth side) and the Vancouver games meant we have had easy travel. A game in the Maritimes is long over due IMO.

Looks like politics played some role in the 40 man list.  There is no way you can tell me some of these names deserve to be on the 40 man while a guy like Tajon Buchanan doesn't.  Raheem Edwards has played 55 minutes of football and hasn't dressed since March - it's embarrassing.  Did they just make a list in March and copy and paste it at the deadline?  

17 minutes ago, Alex said:

Zero guys from the canpl 

Who would you have? And you can't add names without subtracting names!

Edit - I now see you have Carducci over Pantemis. That's pretty minor mate, Pantemis won't make the final team.

Edited by BCM

8 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

I might have taken Carducci over Pantemis.

A no brainer!  There are about 5-6 guys who could easily be switched out for CPL players but it looks like more pandering to MLS clubs.  Why we always insist on calling guys who can't even break into our MLS clubs boggles the mind.  

I am 100% okay with MLS fringe players like Chapman, Hamilton & Laryea staying home to get playing time with Osorio, Bradley, Altidore, Akinola all being away for tournament games.

Raheem is not going to make the final squad and Tajon wouldn't either.  I am okay with these players staying behind to get some minutes and earn some playing time with their MLS clubs.

Hopefully, they can earn a spot on the Nations League games this fall.

Very happy to see Cordova there and hopefully on the final 23 man squad.

Edited by Corazon

3 minutes ago, yomurphy1 said:

Qullian Roberts was called into the 40 man roster for Guyana. I think this means he filed his one time switch.

https://gallery.mailchimp.com/78d3589fb61466b549ff752e5/files/041bd60a-92da-467b-b8d6-d6a51bae68bd/2019_Concacaf_Gold_Cup_Preliminary_Lists_May_20.pdf

A little disappointed with this, but in reality I guess he's wasn't going to feature for us much now or in the future.

1 minute ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Looks like politics played some role in the 40 man list.  There is no way you can tell me some of these names deserve to be on the 40 man while a guy like Tajon Buchanan doesn't.  Raheem Edwards has played 55 minutes of football and hasn't dressed since March - it's embarrassing.  Did they just make a list in March and copy and paste it at the deadline?  

Not sure politics is the answer, but I thought the same.  No Chapman, Shome, Choiniere, Johnson while some of these others make the list that don't have a chance at the final 23?  I think they have their 23 man roster, the other names are just filler.

3 minutes ago, BCM said:

Who would you have? And you can't add names without subtracting names!

Edit - I now see you have Carducci over Pantemis. That's pretty minor mate, Pantemis won't make the final team.

To be honest nobody from the league is going to be on the final team at this point, I’ve always liked Petrasso but he’s bounced around from striker to RB to mid in his career where do you put him? 

5 minutes ago, Ivan said:

Not sure politics is the answer, but I thought the same.  No Chapman, Shome, Choiniere, Johnson while some of these others make the list that don't have a chance at the final 23?  I think they have their 23 man roster, the other names are just filler.

I believe you are right but I just wish they didn't hand call ups to guys who aren't even playing professionally when we have dozens of guys playing weekly.  Pantemis for instance, why? It just comes off as a favour to MTL.  It's like they purposely went out of their way to call guys like Edwards and Jakovic and ignored every CPL player.  Those two are inexcusable.

I can't think of one good reason that Petrasso isn't on the list when you have a guy like Edwards for instance.  He's more experienced for Canada and professionally and actually playing.

Edited by CanadaFan123