Gold Cup 2019

13 hours ago, Shway said:

ID6kNt9bU0AAmDLz?format=jpg&name=large

Confirmed no Vela, Corona, Herrea, or Chicarito. Lozano named, but injured and hoping to be fit. 

If Lozano is not fit, El Tri could potentially be missing 5 starters.  If not all 5 starting, then all would at least play a role throughout the tournament and in most games.

30 minutes ago, Shway said:

Deadline was the 16th. Today is the 17th. We need something to talk about.

I suppose the CSA didn’t schedule any friendly games as they will be skipping this Gold Cup in protest for the USA always hosting it.

USMNT's DeAndre Yedlin to miss 2019 Gold Cup due to groin injury; a look at potential options at right back

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/news/usmnts-deandre-yedlin-to-miss-2019-gold-cup-due-to-groin-injury-a-look-at-potential-options-at-right-back/

From the article 

The Gold Cup provisional rosters are due on Thursday, and they'll be released by CONCACAF on Monday, May 20.

Edited by king1010

Trying to predict our XI is a real challenge....

Cavalini-David (Locks)

Davies-Osorio/Kaye/Arfield-Hoilett/Millar

Hutch/Kaye/Piette 

?-Henry-?-ZBG

Borjan...

Larin, Jakson, Ballou, Worherspooon, Akindele, Miller are all on the bench to name a few.

real problem is our midfield.

38 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Trying to predict our XI is a real challenge....

Cavalini-David (Locks)

Davies-Osorio/Kaye/Arfield-Hoilett/Millar

Hutch/Kaye/Piette 

?-Henry-?-ZBG

Borjan...

Larin, Jakson, Ballou, Worherspooon, Akindele, Miller are all on the bench to name a few.

real problem is our midfield.

And what an exciting problem it is

1 hour ago, Shway said:

———————Cavalini

Hoilett ———Arfield———Davies

————Kaye—————Hutchinson

Adekugbe—Henry—James—BG

———————Borjan

Not sure how you can keep David off the field given his recent form. Also not sure who he would replace in that lineup. Tough call. 

Edited by king1010

1 minute ago, Blackjack15 said:

Today the CSA was supposed to release the 40-man provisional roster for the Gold Cup, the same one that John Herdman submitted to CONCACAF on Thursday 

Nowhere to be seen, anyone know why?

I could be wrong, but I think I seen someone post they won’t release it till the 20th.

I’m thinking we go 3-5-2.  It maximizes our team talent.

Cavallini.   David. 

Davies.       Arfield.       Hoilett. 

Hutchinson.   Piette.   

James.       Henry.        ZBG.   

Borjan.  

Kaye can play instead of Hutch in some cases.

Thats a really good lineup in CONCACAF play.  It is probably good enough to make the 2022 World Cup with.

We play 3 games in 8 days In the first round...

Depth gets us to the next round which is where I think this camnt team stands out from past teams  which is a good thing imho...

There  is no professional that starts all three of those games. Outside of maybe Borjan and a the Center backs... remember we play in heat( Pasadena) and at altitude in denver the travel across 3 time zones to play in Charlotte. the players physical output will be huge  and don’t forget knocks and small injuries....  I’m happy with the starting 11 (I think Liam is in the 2nd 11 atm and an impact sub for sure). but we need to look beyond it if we are to progress  Squad rotation will be key and decisions on who to play in what game...

its nice to have these problems... I won’t put my team up I’m biased but thought id add my 2cents!

Edited by spitfire