Gold Cup 2019

I would say the 3rd stringer for GK is up for grabs. Thomas, Leutwiler Last played in November. They're both back ups for their teams and hard to see anything change. Tough to bring them to the gold cup IMO. St Clair and the CPL - Carducci, Robers, etc will be with a good set of games by the time selection comes.

Adekugbe, James, Henry, Godihno are locks. I'm sure most people would agree on this; they've all had really good season(s) so far or up date

For positions like back ups: LB, CB, RB, I 'd much prefer guys who are in regularity with their clubs and that's where we lack the most depth. You can have guys emerge out of nowhere. There's an opportunity there

Levis, Morgan, Cornelius, Miller, ZBG, Cordova (Laryea) and whoever else have to play more games from now on until May and then June to see who goes.

Our midfield and attacking looks pretty solid, both in the CDM/CM, LW/RW and CF. Sure there are a few decisions to make, but for the most part we have a sure idea of who will be there. For our remaining defenders and 3rd string GK, it's very unpredictable 

Edited by Blackjack15

12 hours ago, Blackjack15 said:

Definitely, Totally agree! there's always exceptions with our some of guys within our core group like you said; Davies, Hoilett, plus Larin as well. Although for the majority of the squad they should be accessed on their form, I'd say do a general overview of the entire players season (European or NA) rather than take the last month or two or the first half etc.

For positions like back ups: LB, CB, RB, GK (3rd stringer) I'd much prefer guys who are in regularity with their clubs and that's where we lack the most depth 

To be fair, certain guys like have solidified their spots both in the 23 and 11 because they're playing week in week out, but the weakest positions; Defenders and goalkeeper were thin so even though I'd rather have a player playing an entire season or what not, you can have guys emerge out of nowhere. There's an opportunity there

For example; Thomas, Leutwiler Last played in November. They're both back ups for their teams and hard to see anything change. Tough to bring them to the gold cup IMO. St Clair and the CPL - Carducci, Robers, etc will be with a good set of games by the time selection comes.

Adekugbe, James, Henry, Godihno are locks. I'm sure most people would agree on this; they've all had really good season(s) so far or up date

Levis, Morgan, Cornelius, Miller, ZBG, Cordova (Laryea) and whoever else have to play more games from now on until May and then June to see who goes.

cause if neither play more than 5 games (450 mins) from now until then, well then it's a tough call. So far so good for Cornelius, Miller, ZBG, Laryea. And I saw that Morgan got his first sub appearance. Hope they can continue this, for the rest it's time to show you deserve that call up

Our midfield and attacking looks pretty solid, both in the CDM/CM, LW/RW and CF. Sure there are a few decisions to make, but for the most part we have a sure idea of who will be there. For our remaining defenders and 3rd string GK I have no idea, no one does, it's very unpredictable 

Morgan did not look very sharp against Seattle. At this point, he is definitely on the outside looking in, unfortunately for him. We saw last year in the CCL that he can play at a very good level, but ultimately I think it's down to him and Adekugbe, as we won't carry more than one natural left back, since Kaye and Davies both can (and have) play the position due to their versatility.

My money is on Adekugbe at the moment. He'll be match sharp with all the minutes he's playing.

56 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Morgan did not look very sharp against Seattle. At this point, he is definitely on the outside looking in, unfortunately for him. We saw last year in the CCL that he can play at a very good level, but ultimately I think it's down to him and Adekugbe, as we won't carry more than one natural left back, since Kaye and Davies both can (and have) play the position due to their versatility.

My money is on Adekugbe at the moment. He'll be match sharp with all the minutes he's playing.

Plus Godinho had also played some LB with Hearts

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Hirving Lozano sustained a bad knee injury with PSV and now his Gold Cup is now in doubt.

Hate to see players get injured, and Mexico is very deep, but this should make the challenge against El Tri a little easier.

That could be a big loss for Mexico.  Easily already one of their top players.

On 4/29/2019 at 6:02 PM, Obinna said:

Hirving Lozano sustained a bad knee injury with PSV and now his Gold Cup is now in doubt.

Hate to see players get injured, and Mexico is very deep, but this should make the challenge against El Tri a little easier.

A little less difficult perhaps. But we are injuring our own chances by refusing to play any preparation friendlies, or so it seems. 

I believe the announcement will be soon, they already said there would be some before the Gold Cup.

At this point I am 100%  okay even if it is a closed door friendly. You would hope the CSA can at a minimum organize a closed door friendly with a team from the opposite side of the Gold Cup bracket on neutral ground. My fingers are crossed for announcement by the end of the month.

1 hour ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Wow, Bermuda FA is really organised!

http://www.royalgazette.com/soccer/article/20190502/bfa-secures-tickets-for-gold-cup

Is the CSA working hard as well?

@admin 

Well. I know our people are getting ready for the WC too, so there is that.  Things are gonzo there right now.

Are those prices in US dollars? 

If we get crushed by Bermuda in travelling fans to this Gold Cup... 

2 hours ago, admin said:

Well. I know our people are getting ready for the WC too, so there is that.  Things are gonzo there right now.

Are those prices in US dollars? 

If we get crushed by Bermuda in travelling fans to this Gold Cup... 

US Currency is about equal to their Bermudian dollar.  Both higher than Canadian by a bit.

Beautiful place but the cost of living is very high and its actually very pricey altogether there.

2 minutes ago, Corazon said:

US Currency is about equal to their Bermudian dollar.  Both higher than Canadian by a bit.

Beautiful place but the cost of living is very high and its actually very pricey altogether there.

Well I am wondering what the cost of our tickets will be.

If they are like that, well. Good luck getting many people to go.

17 hours ago, Corazon said:

Are you implying that cost of living is high because the Bermudian dollar is high? Just curious. 

I don't know much about Bermuda, but I imagine the cost of living would be high moreso because they are an Island in the middle of nowhere, like Hawaii.

20 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Are you implying that cost of living is high because the Bermudian dollar is high? Just curious. 

I don't know much about Bermuda, but I imagine the cost of living would be high moreso because they are an Island in the middle of nowhere, like Hawaii.

Good question.  I was not suggesting that is the relation.  I assumed Bermuda was similar to many Caribbean nations.  First mistake: they are not part of the Caribbean and it is one of the British territories.  I don't pretend to know that much about the country but I know that it has one of the highest per capita incomes in the world.  It costs more to rent or buy a home in Bermuda than it does in Vancouver or Toronto.  A night out with dinner and drinks in Bermuda costs the same as a night out in Toronto.

Beautiful place though.

On 5/3/2019 at 3:05 PM, JamboAl said:

Let's just say that any inkling I had to go to Denver or Charlotte is dead if that's what they are charging for tickets.  I'd rather save my money and go to two home Nations League matches.

Our tickets were $54.

What were you seeing?

Gold Cup Tickets
https://www.thevoyageurs.org/projects-news/gold-cup-2019-canadian-supporters-tickets-r4/

4 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

The original link to the Bermuda news website quoted prices of between $100-$150 (USD I assume).

Yeah, those are for sale through their federation.  Not sure why they are so high, might include some kind of package. 

I know it's been mentioned before already but Lozano may miss through injury, Chicharito apparently as he awaits the birth of his child and Vela might ultimately decline the invitation.  Along with Herrera, that leaves 4 big holes in Mexico's roster.  They have plenty of firepower to step into those roles but it will make life more difficult for Mexico if all four are not there this summer.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/soccer/soccer/2019/05/09/will-mexico-stars-carlos-vela-hirving-lozano-arlington-upcoming-matches-att-stadium