The Importance of Alphonso Davies

jpg75

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

If anyone has any uber-reliable footy streaming sites I would love get a couple bookmarked before tomorrow’s CL game. Hesgoal doesn’t seem to carry the CL games and I want to watch Davies (and later Tajon) if possible.  

As someone who dropped DAZN I'd also like to know where to find games now, I found a site that has full replays but I could see it being taken down.

2 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

If anyone has any uber-reliable footy streaming sites I would love get a couple bookmarked before tomorrow’s CL game. Hesgoal doesn’t seem to carry the CL games and I want to watch Davies (and later Tajon) if possible.  

28 minutes ago, Bdog said:

As someone who dropped DAZN I'd also like to know where to find games now, I found a site that has full replays but I could see it being taken down.

Footybite

9 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Use the non official reddit streams. 

Or firstrow in its many iterations. 

Options 1 and 2 are usually betting sites requiring registration, the rest u have to play with, as u know. 

Davies plays such a weird role for Bayern. On paper he is a left back, and he plays in defence when they are defending and he can get into position, but almost immediately when they gain possession he very quickly moves into a really high left wing position. On multiple counters, he is in the box along with Mane and Muller.  It is great for his attacking instincts, but he is often out of (defensive) position when Bayern turn the ball over and he is forced to sprint back into position all the time. It means his style of defending is a bit cavalier and he has been beaten a couple of times.  It also means there would be a huge physical demand from him all game.   It will be interesting to see how his role evolves as he matures. 

it is weird for Canada because he doesn’t get to hone his role as a pure winger - but I guess he is at least an important part of the attack so it’s not like he is a traditional defender playing an entirely different role.  

And as much as I appreciate Sane’s skills, he really does seem to immediately turn away from Davies and look for other options.  On the goal it also looked like Davies’ participation in the celebration was pretty muted.  I get the feeling that they don’t really like each other that much - and it seems to bleed through onto the field.  Normally that wouldn’t be a big deal as long as both are professional but they tend to be nearby on the field so it would be good if Sane didn’t actively exclude him from the play.  

4 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Davies plays such a weird role for Bayern. On paper he is a left back, and he plays in defence when they are defending and he can get into position, but almost immediately when they gain possession he very quickly moves into a really high left wing position. On multiple counters, he is in the box along with Mane and Muller.  It is great for his attacking instincts, but he is often out of (defensive) position when Bayern turn the ball over and he is forced to sprint back into position all the time. It means his style of defending is a bit cavalier and he has been beaten a couple of times.  It also means there would be a huge physical demand from him all game.   It will be interesting to see how his role evolves as he matures. 

Isn’t that what Lahm used to do for Bayern? At a time when he was arguably the best LB in Europe?

8 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I feel like you are projecting here.  

I am not a Benfica fan, or a Manchester anything fan, or a Bayern fan, or a Juve fan. Or Madrid. Or PSG. I don't need them to win for any Canadian playing on those teams to be useful for the CMNT. 

I don't understand why folks insist on the world being one-dimensional.