The Importance of Alphonso Davies

jpg75

1 hour ago, VinceA said:

The more I watch Davies at Bayern these days the more I can't wait for him to move somewhere else where he can actually be an attacker. 

True, but let's face it, he is one of best LB's in the world, and on his club he's the undisputed starter.  As far as attackers go though, he might not even be in the top 5 on his club...

Edited by GasPed

12 minutes ago, nolando said:

Would love to see the list....trying to think of who else might have more than 10 appearances even...Borjan, Radzinski, JDG??

Davies 24

Hutchinson 23

Borjan 14

Radzinski 12

Stalteri 8

David 8

Larin 5

JDG none

Those are all of the names I bothered to look up. All stats from transfermarkt ("Stats by club" page for each player).

Alphonso may have just passed Hutchinson in UCL appearances, but Atiba still has the most combined European appearances (Europa + Champions League). At my last check, Hutchinson was 13th All-time in the Europa League appearance list, and 1st All-time for non-European players. 

Combine that with his 23 Champions League appearances and Davies still has a long way to go in terms of combined European football. I am sure he'll get there, though!