Jonathan David

Vince193

I wouldn't mind David at Inter. Oshimen moved to Serie A and is doing just fine. I think David is ready, and he'll probably play heavy minutes right away, which I don't see at Liverpool.

Like TGAA Star, I too have a soft spot for Arsenal, which happens to be one of David's boyhood clubs (the other being Barcelona).

Unlike Barca though, he could probably walk into Arsenal and play right away (kind of like Inter).

2 hours ago, Obinna said:

I wouldn't mind David at Inter. Oshimen moved to Serie A and is doing just fine. I think David is ready, and he'll probably play heavy minutes right away, which I don't see at Liverpool.

Like TGAA Star, I too have a soft spot for Arsenal, which happens to be one of David's boyhood clubs (the other being Barcelona).

Unlike Barca though, he could probably walk into Arsenal and play right away (kind of like Inter).

Arsenal would not be the worst for me personally.  Very much a youth movement there currently. Aubameyang and Lacazette old and not offering that much.  I think he would be happy there.  I still have some questions about the manager, trying to play the right people and great age for young players but tactically naive a lot of the time. 

All and all though, I would rather not cheer against him, even twice a year, and Inter would work.  An easy watch and probably won't have to face them in the Europa League this year at least.  

5 hours ago, SoccMan said:

Please bud give it up , if he goes to Inter or another Serie A club he will be ok , you think he hasn’t experienced racism before ? It won’t be the first or the last unfortunately even if he doesn’t go to Serie A and it’s 2021 .

Bury your head in the sand if it makes you uncomfortable, but I'm not going to "give it up", that's the exact reason why this shit is still a thing.

36 minutes ago, Wingback6 said:

They could use the help. They may even be able to spend the money. But he would do better at Liverpool or City, and I say that as a Gooner.

How does he get on the field at those clubs? Liverpool has a solidified front three with Firmino/Jota as first option off the bench and two capable understudies in Minamino and Origi.

Man City has a huge rotating cast of offensive weapons. Gundogan was in the scoring race last year and he couldn't solidify a place in the starting 11.

At least at Arsenal Aubameyang is underwhelming and Lacazette has been there about three years too long.

Granted I don't know what the contract situations are like at any of these clubs end of year.

Edited by Lansdude

35 minutes ago, Lansdude said:

How does he get on the field at those clubs? Liverpool has a solidified front three with Firmino/Jota as first option off the bench and two capable understudies in Minamino and Origi.

Man City has a huge rotating cast of offensive weapons. Gundogan was in the scoring race last year and he couldn't solidify a place in the starting 11.

At least at Arsenal Aubameyang is underwhelming and Lacazette has been there about three years too long.

Granted I don't know what the contract situations are like at any of these clubs end of year.

I watch Liverpool about 55 times a year and I have no concern about JD finding enough playing time should he end up there. If he were to move to Liverpool in the summer, he'd probably not play much in the first couple of months, and this place would lose their collective minds, but then he'd start getting time and showing what the long wait was all about. Klopp and Lijnders would turn JD into a world beater.

13 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

I watch Liverpool about 55 times a year and I have no concern about JD finding enough playing time should he end up there. If he were to move to Liverpool in the summer, he'd probably not play much in the first couple of months, and this place would lose their collective minds, but then he'd start getting time and showing what the long wait was all about. Klopp and Lijnders would turn JD into a world beater.

We all think the sky's the limit but you think he's going to elbow aside Jota or Firmino? I assume if Liverpool have him that's already their plan for him but I don't get why they would. I'd rather him go to a top side with a position of need so he gets time acclimate and is likely to have the team improve around him.

Edited by Lansdude

30 minutes ago, Lansdude said:

We all think the sky's the limit but you think he's going to elbow aside Jota or Firmino? I assume if Liverpool have him that's already their plan for him but I don't get why they would. I'd rather him go to a top side with a position of need so he gets time acclimate and is likely to have the team improve around him.

Firmino is 30 years old. Salah and Mane are both 29, and will also turn 30 before the 22/23 season kicks off. If JD goes to Liverpool, it'll be with an eye to forming the next great attacking trio with Jota and Salah*. He'll be 22 in about 8 weeks. He's got plenty of time to achieve true greatness. Working with one of the best football managers of the 21st century will help him reach that level. Going to Arsenal probably won't, even if he gets to play a bit more in the first few months. 

*I'm assuming that Salah will play another 5 years at superstar level. He's just that fit and driven. If he drops off, there'll be somebody else coming into that attacking left spot.

As crazy as it may sound David has done more at this point in his career than Salah, Jota, Mane, Firmino, or Minamino ever did. Origi is arguably the only one that accomplished as much before 22. 

For comparison Salah was playing for Basel and not scoring much. While Firmino was at Hoffenheim and had a below average strike rate. David could certainly succeed at Liverpool.