Jonathan David

Vince193

3 hours ago, Free kick said:

But Lille are in 2nd place in their Champions league group & in a good position to advance.  Why would they sell him in the next transfer window?   

Makes no sense.   Summer?  sure, i can see that.  

The article did state that it was in the summer. The original article that is.

Edited by frmr

If Newcastle offers a stupid amount of money for him, do you think Lille is going to say no? Say they offer 70m? Remember Newcastle is motivated because they are facing relegation and they have very deep pockets now... Champions League or not, Lille are looking for some cash to keep themselves afloat. To make 40m on a player in a couple of years is a pretty damn good ROI.

Just now, hodgkiss said:

If Newcastle offers a stupid amount of money for him, do you think Lille is going to say no? Say they offer 70m? Remember Newcastle is motivated because they are facing relegation and they have very deep pockets now... Champions League or not, Lille are looking for some cash to keep themselves afloat. To make 40m on a player in a couple of years is a pretty damn good ROI.

If Newcastle are willing to spend that kind of money on JD in January, they're in even more serious trouble than they appear. They already have Callum Wilson as a number 9, but have not a single defender worthy of the Premier League. If they think that adding more attacking threat is going to keep them up without sorting out the rest of the team first, they're fucked, and I'll be so glad to see them go down.

7 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

If Newcastle are willing to spend that kind of money on JD in January, they're in even more serious trouble than they appear. They already have Callum Wilson as a number 9, but have not a single defender worthy of the Premier League. If they think that adding more attacking threat is going to keep them up without sorting out the rest of the team first, they're fucked, and I'll be so glad to see them go down.

It was an example of teams that could afford to buy David... For those who are saying it's only going to happen in the summer, I think there is still a possibility that he could be moved in the winter transfer. There's an argument that David's price will go up in the summer - so if teams are looking to add a player perhaps before his value goes up even more, this would be the window to do that. I honestly don't think he will end up at Newcastle nor would I want him to end up there. I'm just saying that they are motivated and he COULD end up there...