Jonathan David

Vince193

5 hours ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

They made pretty persuasive arguments for both Larin and David as top 10 strikers. Think about that. What other country in FIFA has two top 10 strikers? When you add Davies and Buchanan to that front line, it becomes a formidable attack.

Does David need to play in a 2 striker formation? It depends on the players around him. Both Liverpool and City play without a prototypical #9...Firmino/Jota & Jesus or whoever City use as a central forward in a front 3 . The 3 forwards on both teams are very fluid in interchanging positions and its their ability to instinctively combine and find one another that would suit David perfectly. He would need half a season to transition but he has the ability to raise his game to that level. I'm sure there are other top 4 teams out there that may also be a fit for him...but can they afford the transfer fee?

17 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Does David need to play in a 2 striker formation? It depends on the players around him. Both Liverpool and City play without a prototypical #9...Firmino/Jota & Jesus or whoever City use as a central forward in a front 3 . The 3 forwards on both teams are very fluid in interchanging positions and its their ability to instinctively combine and find one another that would suit David perfectly. He would need half a season to transition but he has the ability to raise his game to that level. I'm sure there are other top 4 teams out there that may also be a fit for him...but can they afford the transfer fee?

I agree that David could fit nicely into a front three. I see him more as a central forward than than traditional number 9. I think he would do some serious damage as part of the front three at Liverpool. Firmino has showed a bit of a resurgence this season but it's only a matter of time until he starts to decline, making room for someone like David, while having the ability to rotate Jota/Mane.

Edited by frmr

5 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

I would have said Manchester United if they never got Ronaldo to start off with, that David could have been a fit for them. But United is already stacked which rules them out.

Which only leaves Arsenal 

Then in Serie A plenty of clubs he could play for like Napoli, Roma, Inter or AC Milan

Then in the Bundesliga there is Borussia Dortmund that David could play for

3 minutes ago, lowlander said:

It’s amazing how far Yilmaz has fallen this season, he is just stumbling over himself out there. It worked out well on the goal though, bouncing the ball off a defender into David’s path. David keeps finding himself in the right places, a real poacher.

Yeah i only saw it on the grainy replay posted above but it didn’t look like an intentional pass from Yilmaz.   Could be wrong but it looked like it came off the defender.   

9 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Yeah i only saw it on the grainy replay posted above but it didn’t look like an intentional pass from Yilmaz.   Could be wrong but it looked like it came off the defender.   

That wasn't a pass.  Yilmaz has become a complete black hole this year.  Arguably worse than Bamba or Ikone.