CPL General

Yeah, my concern right away was weather the fans will care. But I suppose if they get some crowd fillers to come out on the field in front of the band and have them bouncing around then it should look ok for the cameras, even if many of the fans at the game are getting concessions.

2 hours ago, RS said:

Narrator: "They are not."

Kiss is my band. Hopefully they play "Goin Blind" 😄

lulz, I'm messing around. Even though I do like the song "Goin Blind"....the Melvins version that is....Kiss is not really my thing. 🤨

1 hour ago, RS said:

I was thinking Ron Howard, but Captain Picard also works.

More like Morgan Freeman: "The CPL opted to go with Kiss thinking it would bring out the desired demographics....but unfortunately only the boomers showed up."

Edited by Macksam

That looks specifically like Forge and Pacific colours. They are not playing in the near future. It is true that Pacific is vs. York9, so that is close to Toronto and after the 17th Kiss has a three day break, so could do another gig. 

I don't get how they might do a concert at the CPL finals, but clearly it would not be halftime. Before or even better after a match, that could work. 

It's odd but as I see it, it would be a fine way to draw in fans, if buying for the final gave you a concert as well.

Maybe this is CPL getting ahead of the ball in case York 9 makes the final and it doesn’t sell out.  You have to think that league HQ wants Cavalry v Forge.

OR, KISS owns a team?  They owned a football team before.. so not far fetched.  They could see this as a way to refurbish their brand.

Edited by CanadaFan123

14 hours ago, Bison44 said:

I hope this is like the May 4th stuff with Star wars.  Tying it into a KISS concert...might make sense???  Does anyone under 50 listen to KISS??  

I can’t name one of their songs, but hey... older folks spend money too!

7 hours ago, Stanley said:

Does anyone over 50 listen to KISS?

Can't remember where I heard the quote.  Went somthing like.

"Was waiting in line for concert tickets and that was the 1st time I heard the Sexpistols.  I decided I didn't like KISS anymore."  

Been following CPL by watching all the OneSoccer game highlights but admittedly haven’t watched a full match (seen a couple second half’s here and there type of thing).

Out of curiosity from the guys who have followed very closely, what’s an All CPL Starting 11 look like? What about a All- Canadian CPL Starting 11 look like? Know enough about the guys who have really stood like Borges, Campbell, Pasquotti, Camargo, etc 

Apologies in advance if this has been talked about which I’m sure it has but too lazy rummage through the thread :D

On 8/18/2019 at 1:53 PM, cronaldo7 said:

Been following CPL by watching all the OneSoccer game highlights but admittedly haven’t watched a full match (seen a couple second half’s here and there type of thing).

Out of curiosity from the guys who have followed very closely, what’s an All CPL Starting 11 look like? What about a All- Canadian CPL Starting 11 look like? Know enough about the guys who have really stood like Borges, Campbell, Pasquotti, Camargo, etc 

Apologies in advance if this has been talked about which I’m sure it has but too lazy rummage through the thread :D

That’s so subjective... most of us watch our clubs the most, perhaps exclusively, so it’s tough for me to come up with a best 11. I’ve watched every York 9 FC game so far, and given what I’ve seen from them and from their opponents, I can list a few players I’ve been impressed with:

(in no particular order)

1) Ryan Telfer

2) Nathan Ingham

3) Luca Gasparotto

4) Borges

5) Verhoeven

6) Kodai Lida

7) Mason Trafford

8 Jose Escalante (I couldn’t put the “)” on this one because my bloody phone keeps making it into an emoji...) 

9) Sergio Camargo

10) Manny Aparicio

11) Michael Petrasso 

I don’t know... I’m still thinking of standouts who should be on the list! Maybe I should’ve done a top 20.

^^^ This.  I like to look at the scoring race, mainly CDN, and youngish CDN at that.  Not 33 year old Swedes.  And we finally have a solid, 5-6 CDN keepers getting minutes at a decent level.  There might be a future #1-2 in there.  But in the meantime we dont have to choose a back up MLS/EPL champ keeper with no minutes as #2-3 for a camp invite, there is actually guys who are playing.   

19 minutes ago, lazlo_80 said:

Zator stands out to me on the few Cavalry games I've seen, but what do actual Cavalry fans think of him? Would be curious to know.

He's a beast. Solid defensive positioning, confident with the ball, can go for a dribble, reads plays well, wins a lot of balls in the air and has scored a few goals off of corners.