Marcelo Flores

SoccerJedi

8 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

The family is really desperate to get him to play for Mexico…. Tbh i think if it was up to him he’s already rocking the red.

I don't really have a read on the situation but almost starting to feel like a Tabla situation. Where everyone in his life is pushing him one way and if he was leaning that way too, it probably would be a done deal already.

1 hour ago, Tyler55 said:

Apparently this is Flores' uncle asking him whether he like tacos or hamburger (mexico or canada), I think Flores' response is normal but some are saying he felt awkward as he looks away right after answering.

Apparently Flores' uncle is a drunk since all the comments are pleading him to not turn Flores into one as well 😬

54 minutes ago, canuckgbp said:

Is there any sense how close he is to a full Arsenal contract? Just turned 18 but based on the hype I assume he won't be one of those players that stays till 21 with the academy? Is he officially with the U23s or still with the U18s? 

One thing to consider is that he currently plays the exact same position as 21 year old star Emile Smith Rowe who was just handed the #10 jersey for this season (same number Flores wears).  Smith Rowe was just recently called up to England as an injury replacement (England fans were shocked and appalled that both ESR and Tomori were excluded on their latest roster considering they both deserved to be there on form).

He just signed a 5 year contract, has been playing incredible and was given the #10 jersey and is full blown English so it will be a difficult task for Flores to break through at the position.

Edited by Corazon

1 hour ago, PopePouri said:

The way this is playing out is almost farcical for a guy who hasn't played a professional game. 

Agreed. Sure he's got potential but (a) he's a kid, (b) zero pro games, (c) being an Arsenal youth product ain't what it used to be...

by 18 Alphonso Davies had played more than 80 pro games. I'd put him in the same group as Theo (+/- Jebbison if he commits), i.e. young, talented, high ceiling, or could stall and be more of a depth player in the end.

I think the Mexican media (and apparently his family/entourage) need to chill.

2 hours ago, Tyler55 said:

Apparently this is Flores' uncle asking him whether he like tacos or hamburger (mexico or canada), I think Flores' response is normal but some are saying he felt awkward as he looks away right after answering.

This made me so uncomfortable... starting to feel bad for the kid 

Marcelo should've said pizza/pasta (ie. Italy) and left the guy confused lol.

Between this family and Sali's dad you have to feel for these kids. These people just want attention - it's absolutely crazy.

I feel very sorry for the kid. It’s one thing for some random Mexican supporter to post stupid stuff online (we all do it) but when you have close family members doing this stuff to their face and then posting it online, you know there is a problem.

It is clear he has talent but I am starting to wonder if the people around him will stop him from reaching his potential. It wouldn't be the first or last time family has derailed a career, just hope he has someone in his life (Arsenal coach?) who is able give him decent advice.

Wow I just feel bad for the kid, I am sure he loves him family and they have obviously played a huge role in his career when they were living in Canada, but this nuts. 

Let the kid live and play ball. When you are 18 trying to break through are you going to sit in front of your computer learning spanish or are you going to study film, train, rest and recover to get better and try to make Arsenal first team. 

Hopefully, now that he is 18, he asks his family that he can speak for himself and agree with above if his family loves him, they will support him no matter what he decides. 

• JamboAl changed the title to Marcelo Flores