Marcelo Flores

SoccerJedi

1 hour ago, sebdeserio said:

He's a salty Mexican fan rn can't blame him. If we don't get Flores, another dual national attacking mid who wants to play for Canada and wants to make history will pop out of the woodwork, and Flores won't be missed.

Totally agree!

or someone from MLS will surprise us. Just look at Buchanan and Alistair 

look at adekugbe and Larin grow into really good players after they move to Europe. These two latter players were definitely an after thought a few years ago

I’m just happy I can look at these threads now without the anxiety of pondering Canada’s national identity  (or the perceived lack there of).

Would love to have him on our squad, especially as an Arsenal supporter, and watch the generations of kids (dual nationals) he inspires. 

And say what you will about his dad, but it sounds like he’s done a tremendous amount for the game in Ontario and he’s raised a hell of a football player.

namaste.  

Marcelo has yet to play a single fully pro senior match. Or if I am wrong, I am barely wrong.

You are telling me against us he'd do this? Or that he'll help Mexico, that  if they call him in they'll get results? 

I seriously doubt it. They can't even get Lainez healthy and into the squad, and he's far better. They did well in the Olympics and they are not moving those guys, superior to Marcelo, into their NT. 

Now I don't doubt they may call him into a squad next window, as they are taking a beating in the press. But it is one thing to hide behind the kids, as a coach or club, to cover up poor results, as they serve as an excuse and you can always say you are building towards something. Quite another to trust improvements on kids.

• JamboAl changed the title to Marcelo Flores