Samuel Piette

12 hours ago, BCM said:

Piette reminds me a lot of Cole Skuse, on Ipswich Town. Skuse is perhaps a little more talented and not as slow, but Piette maybe more effective as a destroyer. Looks to play sideways or backwards. Bounces between Championship and League 1 - would have 50 caps if he was Canadian. Good pro, reliable but definitely not a top league player.

Piette is far from the finished product and needs to keep working, and appreciate who gave him his first big payday and chance to play. If someone comes in for him, that's proof he deserves to play at a higher level where money is better.

Got a fantastic surname

Edited by SkuseisLoose

14 hours ago, BCM said:

Piette reminds me a lot of Cole Skuse, on Ipswich Town. Skuse is perhaps a little more talented and not as slow, but Piette maybe more effective as a destroyer. Looks to play sideways or backwards. Bounces between Championship and League 1 - would have 50 caps if he was Canadian. Good pro, reliable but definitely not a top league player.

Piette is far from the finished product and needs to keep working, and appreciate who gave him his first big payday and chance to play. If someone comes in for him, that's proof he deserves to play at a higher level where money is better.

The role of a holding mid who can play out but sits tight is important, but not a high value is placed on that position, let's admit it. 

If Montreal has a 2nd half of the season like the first, and goes deep in the playoffs, he'll get offers, because it is pretty clear he is an important piece of the success. However modest an offer that may warrant.

12 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

The role of a holding mid who can play out but sits tight is important, but not a high value is placed on that position, let's admit it. 

If Montreal has a 2nd half of the season like the first, and goes deep in the playoffs, he'll get offers, because it is pretty clear he is an important piece of the success. However modest an offer that may warrant.

Agree.

I'd be stunned if it's Ligue 1 or any other "top" Euro league... Second tier league (Swiss, Belgian, Norwegian, etc), perhaps to gain more exposure, but I wonder how much more that will be than an MLS pay packet. Hope he has a good agent who can offer sound advice.

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Only guy who played at the last match vs the USA at BMO Field... his debut for the #CanMNT.

@El Hombre , I feel like if I edit the thread title it will be bad luck...

:) Understandable.

I just wanted to make sure he got the recognition he deserved for that performance last night.  I watched the Concacaf stream and Tony Meola and the other American were effusive in their praise for Piette.

• 4 months later...
50 minutes ago, JuicyHam said:

I've been seeing some impact fans on other forums talk about the viability of maybe putting Piette at CB. A lot of people seem to think he has lost a step for the impact since he was injured last year 

Hm, I don't know what lost a step means because he was never that fast. 

He was sloppy with the ball last night at times but I would blame that on the fact it was his first competitive game of the season. 

Edited by Chad_Impact

52 minutes ago, JuicyHam said:

I've been seeing some impact fans on other forums talk about the viability of maybe putting Piette at CB. A lot of people seem to think he has lost a step for the impact since he was injured last year 

I was actually surprised by his explosiveness at times last night.  He made a few poor decisions in the second half but he also made some amazing plays - in particular his last ditch saving tackle late on when he was the last man back.

Was a typical piette performance. Jeckyl and hyde. Fantastic one minute giving away the ball in a pivotal area the next. One game I am all over how shit I think he is then the next he plays a blinder and makes me look stupid, sorry even more stupid.

Dont see him at CB at all. Too short and lack of pace. Keep him where he is.