Fikayo Tomori

SCF08

On 10/11/2019 at 7:03 PM, apbsmith said:

Agree, I think we see Mings and Maguire. 

Did he need to file his one time switch though? Since he played for us a a youth? Apologies for my lack of "one time switch" knowledge etc.

Right on my first lineup prediction, hopefully I'm wrong on this one ... 

With the score being 4-0 , big chance we see a Tomori sub appearance. Secretly hoping I'm wrong and the gaffer awards the D line with an attempt to get the clean sheet.

A least a fair number of English players called-up but not capped over the years.   

Shaka Hislop who kept Craig Forrest from making more appearances than he did for West Ham, is one I know off-hand. Born and raised in London, called up did not play for England and then later played for T&T, including the 2006 World Cup. 

Just saying.

• 4 weeks later...

Tomori has been called to the November 27-man England squad:

http://www.thefa.com/news/2019/nov/07/england-squad-named-for-montenegro-and-kosovo-071119

If they win their first game, their 2nd means nothing since they will already be qualified to the EUROs. Great time to cap-tie guys. We will likely lose Tomori during this window. :(

31 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Tomori has been called to the November 27-man England squad:

http://www.thefa.com/news/2019/nov/07/england-squad-named-for-montenegro-and-kosovo-071119

If they win their first game, their 2nd means nothing since they will already be qualified to the EUROs. Great time to cap-tie guys. We will likely lose Tomori during this window. :(

At least then I can stop checking this goddamned thread.  

1 hour ago, Reign said:

They obviously aren’t worried about us or Ivory Coast stealing him. 

I said way back on this thread, most England fans, as prideful as they are, with or without reason, don't want people capped for the sake of it. (Most had not heard of Tomori before the season, as well.)  Southgate said something explicitly similar last window, I believe and he is not the least honest manager I am aware of.   

The two guys that played tonight stay healthy and centre back gets deep again after their loss and mini crisis. 

See what happens next week.  

He definitely is following his path of international football he wants to play and will be patient and wait for his cap, if we beat the US tomorrow making a real statement for the potential of this team perhaps it catches his attention a bit and puts some other ideas in his head! All very doubtful though, when I opened this thread I thought I was going to read he had been capped and would ask the mods to please close it so we can move on!

3 hours ago, gator said:

He definitely is following his path of international football he wants to play and will be patient and wait for his cap, if we beat the US tomorrow making a real statement for the potential of this team perhaps it catches his attention a bit and puts some other ideas in his head! All very doubtful though, when I opened this thread I thought I was going to read he had been capped and would ask the mods to please close it so we can move on!

Part of me just wants this to happen to extinguish the sliver of hope I am still holding that we start turning things on in CONCACAF and he reconsiders...

Edited by dyslexic nam

5 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Part of me just wants this to happen to extinguish the sliver of hope I am still holding that we start turning things on in CONCACAF and he reconsiders...

Depending on who you support in sports, slivers of extinguished hope is all you get.  

It won't kill me when he gets capped, as is likely - I have had disappointments before - and it is just another story to follow and games to care a little bit about.