Fikayo Tomori

SCF08

29 minutes ago, Vince193 said:

I'm going to remain iffy on him until he actually is cap-tied. He has a tenuous connection (born in Calgary, but moved at 1 to England) and could very easily accept a call up to England or to Nigeria in the future. 

However he seems to like playing for us and the fact he is accepting call-ups is very encouraging.

Hopefully Floro will (try to) call him up for the next WCQ matches. He is a great player with a great future. Was amazing today again in a 3-0 Chelsea win. 

Chelsea will play in the Uefa Youth League final on monday vs Real Madrid or PSG. Match can also be seen on the Uefa Youtube channel at 17:00 CEST time.

He is our best young talent IMO (with Tabla right behind him). He looks great everytime I see him.

the fact that he's never been called by England or Nigeria is great for us. He keeps progressing like this though and I would think at least one of them would give him a look.

i would love to call him up for the June friendlies

Thanks for the heads up, BEIN had the match on late last night so I watched most of 1st half. The guy is totally mature and poised, you can see he is well coached and a leader on the field. Confident right foot and good on the ball, solid defender, fast and strong, properly positioned almost always. Great young player (like most of these kids in the Youth League, frankly, some great talent out there). 

They will play PSG who are very physical and mature competitors as well. Should be a very even match.

UEFA Youth League final has just started. Tomori starts.

Stream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNv_CLZdZZk

EDIT:
Tomori scores the opener for Chelsea against PSG in the 10th minute and concedes a penalty (and gets yellow) after a shove in the 11th mintue. Penalty is however saved so Chelsea still lead 1-0.

EDIT: 
Chelsea and Tomori win the UYL for the 2nd year in a row. Tomori didnt play a lot last year so this year will be much sweeter for him.

Edited by SCF08

1 minute ago, Keegan said:

Amazing achievement.  I'd imagine he'll probably get a u19 England call.

Talking to some Chelsea fans they seem to think more likely then not that he will not be involved in England squads anytime soon. Apparently there are many superior prospects in front of him. They all like him as a prospect though. They seemed to think that Nigeria would be a more likely candidate to call him

Just have to say, Chelsea went through to round of 16 eliminating Valencia after a scandalous reffing decision disallowed a penalty that clearly entered.

Neither the ref nor the assistants saw it go in. UEFA and Chelsea recognized that it had been a legit goal but refused to accept a replay. This was in late Feb.

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Just have to say, Chelsea went through to round of 16 eliminating Valencia after a scandalous reffing decision disallowed a penalty that clearly entered.

Neither the ref nor the assistants saw it go in. UEFA and Chelsea recognized that it had been a legit goal but refused to accept a replay. This was in late Feb.

Just have to say good on England and UEFA for showing Spanish apologists who has the top 2nd division in the world! ;)

8 hours ago, bwilly11 said:

We need to cap tie this kid. Even if hes an academy player, we cant risk losing him. Bring in Josh Doughty while we are at it. I think he would accept the call, seems pretty committed to us already. We need to keep any quality we have coming through the pipes, no matter what.

You cannot seriously be advocating cap tying all our young dual-national prospects and at the same time destroying any chance at making the Hex and qualifying for the WC!  

6 minutes ago, Yohan said:

if we don't take the chance to cap tie some of the prospects with dual nationalities, we get Begovic situation.

prepare for WC 2022. cap tie this kid if there is a chance

We both know this aint the Canadian way. 

We need to cap-tie these young dual citizens, but not at the expense of the current WC campaign ie. we don't call them into the squad for the match in Honduras. If we were to get our asses kicked again and the ES match is meaningless, then yes, i would advocate calling up a bunch of these youngsters as last minute replacements to cynically cap-tie them.

10 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

We need to cap-tie these young dual citizens, but not at the expense of the current WC campaign ie. we don't call them into the squad for the match in Honduras. If we were to get our asses kicked again and the ES match is meaningless, then yes, i would advocate calling up a bunch of these youngsters as last minute replacements to cynically cap-tie them.

Yeah, but at that point, it's too late to call players in ... I think a "moderate" strategy is almost always best, i.e., call 2 or 3 of the top end dual national prospects in to the 23 man roster.  Any more than that is too many.  If there is an opportunity to play them for a few minutes that doesn't meaningfully alter our chances at making the HEX, do it.  Otherwise, it's still useful to get, say, 2 top end prospects introduced to the program.  In any case, spot #22 and #23 on the roster are usually not high impact spots so you may as well use them wisely.