Fikayo Tomori

SCF08

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

He’s actually been an absolute beast at the back for Milan, consistently as well.

Undoubtedly signing of the year for me along with Tonali (although he wasn’t doing as well earlier in the year / last season)

Better than both Coady and Mings IMO, especially considering age & potential

Just a shame he’s switched now and there’s no way back, what a waste for us as well as for himself.. and we need such defenders badly..

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/16/2021 at 6:21 AM, Filip said:

He’s actually been an absolute beast at the back for Milan, consistently as well.

Undoubtedly signing of the year for me along with Tonali (although he wasn’t doing as well earlier in the year / last season)

Better than both Coady and Mings IMO, especially considering age & potential

Just a shame he’s switched now and there’s no way back, what a waste for us as well as for himself.. and we need such defenders badly..

Mings is very overrated in my opinion, used to watch him occasionally at Ipswich (he’s developed lots since then of course) and really his athleticism bailed him out often. His positioning wasn’t great. I agree tomori should be ahead of him

Agreed such a shame he’s gone, he would give us that missing piece in the backline

• 3 months later...
5 minutes ago, TOcanadafan said:

Tomori left out of England again.  I wonder, if he was able, would he switch back to Canada now?  It’s laughable that he’s been left out… absolutely no respect.

He will probably have to transfer back to a big EPL club if he ever wants another shot.

3 minutes ago, narduch said:

He will probably have to transfer back to a big EPL club if he ever wants another shot.

England is such a clown show… not sure if Southgate is an idiot (his in-game coaching decisions have me leaning this way) or there’s a helluva lot of club politics involved.  Mings over Tomori is a joke.  Based on form Maguire shouldn’t be there either but they’ll never admit they got it wrong by making that twat captain.

England Twitter is losing their mind with this exclusion as well.  Many believe he is their best CB.  He's going to be called in for games eventually but you have to think that a part of his is regretting not choosing Canada or Nigeria at this point.

He's a lot younger than most of the England CB's that get called so I'm sure he's got a shot for future Euro's and World Cups but its not looking good for this World Cup.  He may be watching England, Nigeria & Canada play in the World Cup from his couch.

• 2 weeks later...

I would love for this to happen, but I think according to the rules, he is ineligible to switch as he was older than 21 on his second cap

“In September 2020, the 70th edition of the FIFA Congress approved a rule change that now allows players to switch 
if they have played no more than three competitive matches at senior level prior to them turning 21 including no appearances in FIFA World Cup finals matches or continental finals”

Shame. Also makes no sense for him not be in the England squad right now over Maguire and Mings either 

I am learning a lot, now that Canada has qualified for a World Cup.  For example...I never knew about this player at all until just now, and voila...39 pages of back-story on the forums!

What types of games qualified as "senior" for the purposes of cap-tieing him to England?  I only see him with 2 caps on the men's side.

7 minutes ago, eramosat said:

I am learning a lot, now that Canada has qualified for a World Cup.  For example...I never knew about this player at all until just now, and voila...39 pages of back-story on the forums!

What types of games qualified as "senior" for the purposes of cap-tieing him to England?  I only see him with 2 caps on the men's side.

Dude, you have just officially gone down the rabbit hole.  This is the place to find out all that kind of info.  God help you and welcome to the club.  

Well...the best news about this is that he seems like a fine English lad, with a fine English career.  And that his time in Canada was pretty short.  So wanting to follow a dream to play for England, even if it hasn't happened yet the way he wanted it to, is fine.  Good on him.  

Aaand...also good news...at least I didn't have to suffer for years and years like you masochists, whining or crying or pleading or wringing your hands saying "but they'll never do right by you Fiyako!".   😁

Wow...I mean, what a saga.  From what I can gather...it might not be over yet...but it seems that if the "3 years must elapse from last cap" rule before applying to switch eligibility, if you haven't already been locked in by 3 senior caps, still applies...the new date is now Oct 2024?

So glad I found this forum.

2 minutes ago, eramosat said:

Well...the best news about this is that he seems like a fine English lad, with a fine English career.  And that his time in Canada was pretty short.  So wanting to follow a dream to play for England, even if it hasn't happened yet the way he wanted it to, is fine.  Good on him.  

Aaand...also good news...at least I didn't have to suffer for years and years like you masochists, whining or crying or pleading or wringing your hands saying "but they'll never do right by you Fiyako!".   😁

Wow...I mean, what a saga.  From what I can gather...it might not be over yet...but it seems that if the "3 years must elapse from last cap" rule before applying to switch eligibility, if you haven't already been locked in by 3 senior caps, still applies...the new date is now Oct 2024?

So glad I found this forum.

Check out the Hoilett saga....or if you are very brave, take the deep dive and look into OH threads...I will not use his name but you can figure it out.  

On 4/4/2022 at 12:43 PM, Bison44 said:

Check out the Hoilett saga....or if you are very brave, take the deep dive and look into OH threads...I will not use his name but you can figure it out.  

Thank you for the ideas.  So far, I am just organically checking out the past through ideas organically generated from current threads.  For example, a very, very passing reference to Tomori in an old Gold Cup/Davies post, something like "Tomori will certainly notice that, won't he?".  Awesome, so much fun, I expect traffic to this site to balloon, and before old hands get frustrated with noobs, I'm gonna absorb as much as I can.

P.S. Added P.S.6 days later for fun and education on edits

Edited by eramosat

Soak it all up, the more the merrier.  I'll try to limit me use of the phrase "back in my day" and "young feller".  

And from what I understand you have a good handle on the Tomori situtation, until FIFA changes the rules again in 6 months.  Plus you have that glass half full outlook, theres still a chance he might come back to us. 

• 2 months later...

Is Tomori injured right now or is he actually not even making the bench for England as the star CB of a scudetto winning Milan side...

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure it's the latter. This is why I despise English football lately 

Edited by Chad_Impact