Fikayo Tomori

SCF08

5 hours ago, shamrock said:

If only Chelsea hadn't violated financial FairPlay rules, he'd probably be ours by now. 

Very valid point.  Although, I don't think he would have committed to Canada yet, he definitely wouldn't be on the team, let alone England's radar as he likely would have been loaned out to another championship side or low level premier league team.

26 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Lock it up folks!

ps: for anyone saying they wouldn’t just cap him, he got subbed in at the 84th minute while ahead 3-0. 

and he's playing RB for Alexander-Arnold... Or they have altered their formation to get him cap-tied.

Edited by Corazon

Southgate: Brings Tomori on in the 84th minute of a game, using their last sub when they are winning by 3 goals, when the next competitive game for England will be in 7 months.

Also Southgate:  "I don't think it's ethically right just to give a player a cap to make sure they can't play for somebody else,"

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-duo-picked-on-merit-not-to-lock-down-their-international-futures-insists-gareth-southgate-a4253501.html

So full of shit!

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

Rare occasion where on a human level I can say I'm happy for him, even if its not Canada. He really is English through and through and earned it...unlike some actual traitors of the past. Pretty big accomplishment for him! Maybe one day we can face him in a real competition and then get fired up!

Edited by bwilly11

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

So apparently there could be an appeal for the rule. Glass city is looking it up or something..: Tomori is leaving England for ACM.

I saw that rumoured, is it confirmed?

From what I see, Lampard is basically screwing with him, a 23-year old can't wait for Frank's "long-term plans". I call BS on that.

The theory is all good except:

- If he starts and gets minutes for AC Milan that only increases his chance of a call up opposed to going to a Leeds or Newcastle imo. Milan is a sexy choice.

- After committing to England just over a year ago there is no way he would be willing to throw in the towel so soon and no reason for Southgate to give him anything other than hope of another call. 

If there is a chance of a Fifa exemption I can see it happening but not until nearer 2026 if England is truly looking out of the picture. Fingers crossed we can find a way around it though. The England pool is deep and will only get deeper so his chances of more caps are slim. AC Milan would be a huge move for him though.

Edited by toontownman

42 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I saw that rumoured, is it confirmed?

From what I see, Lampard is basically screwing with him, a 23-year old can't wait for Frank's "long-term plans". I call BS on that.

Not sure but clearly not in the plans, don’t think he ever becomes an England Regular.

His transfer to AC Milan is confirmed, on a loan. Option to buy for Milan in the summer at 25 million pounds.

Hard to imagine a player on the bench at a team struggling in EPL would walk into regular minutes on a major club leading Serie A. But I see Milan have Kjaer and Gabbia injured and their captain Romagnoli has to sit for yellow card accumulation this weekend. So he may even play tomorrow vs. Atalanta. 

And then if he got minutes he be immediately back in the England picture of the next few months.