Manjrekar James

Midtjylland defended quite well as a team today. They were disciplined, holding their rigid shape throughout, and worked hard on and off the ball. It was very frustrating to watch, as a Liverpool supporter, which is a testament to how well they did. On another day, it could have been a 1-1 final, rather than a 2-nil loss for them.

13 minutes ago, Shway said:

I was watching the game up until the 4th goal.
He played well, none of the goals was “his” fault....and the yellow was tactical after pressing high unnecessarily. 

Is there any noticeable maturation in his game compared to his earlier days with the CMNT? My biggest concern with James was that his decision making often seemed naive. He used to have a bad habit of going in for an unnecessary sliding block and taking himself out of the play leaving the opposition with a ton of room on the box. Hopefully that has been coached out of him.

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Shway said:

He still over committing. I've seen him get beat by that 3x in the second half alone and it's the 60" minute. 

He's just to eager to win the ball

It's hard to break bad habits sitting on the bench. Players like Zapata, Muriel and Illicic are also of a much higher quality than what he would get in Denmark even if he did start more often

I am happy to see James make his UCL debut and I hope he'll get the experience of European football again soon, but in the few minutes I watched it was the same James. With all due respect, I am just not impressed. I think he has good ball playing ability, which is no surprise given the time he has spent at defensive midfield, but he lacks that certain quality which makes for a good center back. It's the quality that Doneil Henry has too much of, it gets him into trouble sometimes, but James doesn't have enough of it in my opinion.  

I am not convinced he is a starter for Canada when everyone is healthy.  

Edited by Obinna