Manjrekar James

2 hours ago, costarg said:

Miller is the solution to Henry, James, Vittoria, Cornelius and James.  Yes he's young, but he's got the most potential of the bunch.  Inexperienced, yes.  However, so calm and athletic.  He seems to be learning soo quickly.  He makes the cut for me.  We know the other 5 will make mistakes and don't seem to learn from them.  At least in Miller's case he's got an excuse (age), and we can hope he develops into the badly needed CB.

Miller is actually older than Cornelius...

Everyone just assumes Miller is young because he started in MLS so recently but he’s actually 23. He just was in NCAA for years prior, whereas Cornelius was playing semi pro/pro in Germany, Serbia, and Vancouver

Edited by archer21

4 hours ago, archer21 said:

Miller is actually older than Cornelius...

Everyone just assumes Miller is young because he started in MLS so recently but he’s actually 23. He just was in NCAA for years prior, whereas Cornelius was playing semi pro/pro in Germany, Serbia, and Vancouver

You're absolutely right!  I totally did think that Miller was younger than Cornelius, he was 20-21 in my head.  Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh for a guy who is a month short of 27, I'm not sure if we can call him young anymore.  he is only a few months younger than Henry.  He should really be hitting his prime now. But yeah if he found his form and got consistent minutes he could be a big part of the CB solution.  

3 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh for a guy who is a month short of 27, I'm not sure if we can call him young anymore.  he is only a few months younger than Henry.  He should really be hitting his prime now. But yeah if he found his form and got consistent minutes he could be a big part of the CB solution.  

27 isn't exactly ancient... he still easily has 2 WCQ cycles in him if he finally pulls together. He'll only be 33 come 2026. If Henry hadn't had his career derailed by injuries, and James was able to cement his spot with FC Midtjylland then our defence would look quite solid. Henry's Premier League career might be a pipe dream now (hopefully he absolutely kills it in Korea and I'm proven wrong), but James still has a real chance to cement his place in a very club. The talent is there.

Edited by LeoH037

12 hours ago, LeoH037 said:

James frustrates me. He is a good CB, technical and athletic and still young, and could help solve part of the CMNT's CB issue if he found his form and stayed consistent for his club.

From what I have come to understand, James tends to frustrate many in and around MNT though I’m not sure if it’s a professionalism challenge or what. Perhaps that’s one reason other than club consistency he hasn’t featured much since Floro. Herdman is always talking about culture and team identity so maybe James just doesn’t fit the profile in that regard for some reason and that’s why he seems to be left out despite his physical capacities. Just one possible explanation that hasn’t really been explored in the thread.