Manjrekar James

1 hour ago, top cheese said:

I think the thing with England is that they don’t have a proper dcm who can cover up the deficiencies of the Cb. I don’t think there to bad off with macguire, stones, Gomez and dier keane. Canada are somewhat similar 

rice and henderson are great.

1 hour ago, TFC2017 said:

See now all we need is for Tomori to file his one time switch ....😉

Cav/Larin - JD

Davies - Hutch - Eustaquio - Arfield - Buchanan/Laryea

Miller - Tomori - Cornelius

Borjan/St.Clair/Crepeau

Tomori is gone. Unless they change the rules yet again. He was over the age threshold for this new rule when he was capped to England. Shame but that's they way it is. Linked with a loan move to Newcastle in January so that will put an end to his international career. Lol

20 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Tomori is gone. Unless they change the rules yet again. He was over the age threshold for this new rule when he was capped to England. Shame but that's they way it is. Linked with a loan move to Newcastle in January so that will put an end to his international career. Lol

Surely Uncle Vic can make a way lol?
But in all seriousness am I wrong to think that a case could be made for him IF he wanted to change now? 10 months past the threshold date, and he only played 6 mins. I swear the rule was intended for these vary same situations. 

FT is gone..... Another bad short term decision by an eligible player ( aka Teal )

Unlike Bryan C with Italy-  doubt FT ever sees another International minute for England 

Back to topic Manjrekar looking great recently. A physical presence hopefully not red card prone !!  We all know who I am referencing ....

Edited by Markoaleks

22 hours ago, Mikmacdo said:

rice and henderson are great.

Rice seems like he’s got potential. I’ve always thought Henderson was over rated. I think mount will take one spot there I really like kalvin Phillips to. 

I just meant they needed a physically imposing guy that can play and cover the back

2 hours ago, top cheese said:

Rice seems like he’s got potential. I’ve always thought Henderson was over rated. I think mount will take one spot there I really like kalvin Phillips to. 

I just meant they needed a physically imposing guy that can play and cover the back

The bolded bit doesn't help your credibility when it comes to football opinions.

10 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

The bolded bit doesn't help your credibility when it comes to football opinions.

Well i don’t think he’s a poor player by any means but I think the criticism of him has been his choice of pass and him not driving play. I think he plays a lot of sideways and backwards passes. Maybe he just looks better then what he is b/c he’s in a fairly strong Liverpool team. 

So I did watch the CL game now; my observation on James- he’s fit and in form.

He played a good game overall and except for giving up 1 really good chance he was completely effective all game.

It was a very promising game against strong competition.  If that’s the type of form he’s in then he’s certainly ready to start for Canada.  

1 hour ago, SthMelbRed said:

He might be a tad over rated. When Hendersen was selected as PFA player of the year, everyone on ESPN FC couldn't contain themselves. They thought only maybe he won because of his off pitch activities especially given covid. But he isn't even the best on the pitch at Liverpool.

8 minutes ago, red card said:

He might be a tad over rated. When Hendersen was selected as PFA player of the year, everyone on ESPN FC couldn't contain themselves. They thought only maybe he won because of his off pitch activities especially given covid. But he isn't even the best on the pitch at Liverpool.

liverpool struggle without henderson, he might not be the best player but he might be the mvp.

1 hour ago, top cheese said:

Well i don’t think he’s a poor player by any means but I think the criticism of him has been his choice of pass and him not driving play. I think he plays a lot of sideways and backwards passes. Maybe he just looks better then what he is b/c he’s in a fairly strong Liverpool team. 

Jordan Henderson is an exceptional footballer. He's equally adept at playing as a 6 or an 8, and has also filled in at RB and CB. He's one of the most intelligent players in the Premier League and is, without doubt, one of the greatest leaders in the game today. He doesn't just play in one of the top 3 teams in the world; he drives that team. In a squad that has Thiago, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain, and Milner...all accomplished international footballers...he's the first name on the team sheet whenever he's fit. He makes every other player in the team better while he's on the pitch.

You can throw the lazy 'only passes sideways and backwards' jibe at him because you don't understand the tactical set up of the team. His job is to retain possession and draw the opposition out until the ball can be played to the fullbacks high up the wings or into the feet of the front 3. He has shown throughout his career that he's capable of playing in any tactical set up. If you watch any of the matches from the '13-14 Premier League season, you'll see that he's got plenty of incisive forward passes in his game. However, he simply does whatever job his manager asks of him.

If anything, Jordan Henderson is underrated, not overrated. He should absolutely be the captain of England over Harry Kane, but loses out on the armband to the bigger media darling. Even still, he goes out without the armband and leads the team whenever he's on the pitch for his country. On top of all that, he's also a wonderful human being.

11 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

Jordan Henderson is an exceptional footballer. He's equally adept at playing as a 6 or an 8, and has also filled in at RB and CB. He's one of the most intelligent players in the Premier League and is, without doubt, one of the greatest leaders in the game today. He doesn't just play in one of the top 3 teams in the world; he drives that team. In a squad that has Thiago, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain, and Milner...all accomplished international footballers...he's the first name on the team sheet whenever he's fit. He makes every other player in the team better while he's on the pitch.

You can throw the lazy 'only passes sideways and backwards' jibe at him because you don't understand the tactical set up of the team. His job is to retain possession and draw the opposition out until the ball can be played to the fullbacks high up the wings or into the feet of the front 3. He has shown throughout his career that he's capable of playing in any tactical set up. If you watch any of the matches from the '13-14 Premier League season, you'll see that he's got plenty of incisive forward passes in his game. However, he simply does whatever job his manager asks of him.

If anything, Jordan Henderson is underrated, not overrated. He should absolutely be the captain of England over Harry Kane, but loses out on the armband to the bigger media darling. Even still, he goes out without the armband and leads the team whenever he's on the pitch for his country. On top of all that, he's also a wonderful human being.

He plays his role well I’ll agree with that. And he has good leadership skills  I think he’s a good component of a good team but certainly not irreplaceable 

ive always liked Milner I wish he never quit England so early 

• 1 month later...