Manjrekar James

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, LeoH037 said:

I mean.. if he finds his form and begins starting consistently for a club like Midtjylland, then yeah, he'd arguably be our best defender.

That is a big fat IF. 

I would love for him to prove me wrong, but I just think he is too far down the depth chart at that club. Even still, you have to give these kind of guys minutes from time to time to keep them involved. It is the same with Zavaleta at TFC, who also got the rare start today.

So I stand by my comment that James is like the Zavaleta of Midjylland. In other words, he is a good guy to keep around as backup, but he’ll likely never be anything more.

Midjylland is one of the ‘advanced stats’ soccer teams. I’ve always just assumed there is a reason they value him and keep him around.

Why would a top Danish team sign a guy out of a random Hungarian team? Not sure what it is but obviously there is something there if they signed him and sporadically give him minutes.

We’re kind of joking but I think he’s a good CB and deserves to be included in most squads

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

That is a big fat IF. 

I would love for him to prove me wrong, but I just think he is too far down the depth chart at that club. Even still, you have to give these kind of guys minutes from time to time to keep them involved. It is the same with Zavaleta at TFC, who also got the rare start today.

So I stand by my comment that James is like the Zavaleta of Midjylland. In other words, he is a good guy to keep around as backup, but he’ll likely never be anything more.

Hence the "starting" stipulation...

10 hours ago, Fullback said:

Midjylland is one of the ‘advanced stats’ soccer teams. I’ve always just assumed there is a reason they value him and keep him around.

Why would a top Danish team sign a guy out of a random Hungarian team? Not sure what it is but obviously there is something there if they signed him and sporadically give him minutes.

We’re kind of joking but I think he’s a good CB and deserves to be included in most squads

They also extended his contract which is another  sign that they rate him

James played 90 mins for Midtjylland in a 1-0 win over Randers.  That's 2 consecutive starts and complete games at CB in the Danish superliga. Midtjylland have played 3 league games to date. This is a very positive development and if he can get consistent minutes for a team that were Danish league winners  last season and are playing Champions league it's massive for our program 

1 hour ago, Kadenge said:

James played 90 mins for Midtjylland in a 1-0 win over Randers.  That's 2 consecutive starts and complete games at CB in the Danish superliga. Midtjylland have played 3 league games to date. This is a very positive development and if he can get consistent minutes for a team that were Danish league winners  last season and are playing Champions league it's massive for our program 

I hate to be “that guy” but are they playing him in league games to save their better CB’s for their CL qualifiers mid-week? The first leg finished 0-0, so they need a result this week to advance. I don’t know Midtjylland’s depth chart, so I could be wrong (and hoping that I am)

Just now, Strait Red said:

I hate to be “that guy” but are they playing him in league games to save their better CB’s for their CL qualifiers mid-week? The first leg finished 0-0, so they need a result this week to advance. I don’t know Midtjylland’s depth chart, so I could be wrong (and hoping that I am)

youre correct, lets hope they advance in ucl so he gets more pt. 

If James can prove himself in the extra opportunities that could be huge for him and us. Who knows, if they qualify and one of their "starters" goes down, he could find himself playing in the Champions league as well as domestically. That would be big for his development.

I have been critical of him, but it's not because he doesn't have talent, it is because he struggles with consistency. And of course he does when he cannot get consistent games. If he can change that with one of the top clubs in Demark, playing in Europe, he would obviously challenge for a starting role with the national team.

1 hour ago, Strait Red said:

looks that way but his partner today was one of the 2 regular CBs so perhaps they are alternating ....notwithstanding, this is a huge opportunity for him to show what he has and push for more playing time. With James in the lineup they have 2 clean sheets in a row.