Tyler Pasher

Dub Narcotic

6 hours ago, RS said:

I'd rather Herdman call up the best players regardless of league

So if there is a 42 year old player that is tearing it up in USL that is slightly above what the CPL has to offer at the time, he should be called up because you should call the best players possible, even if they are unlikely to get any playing time?

So if there is a 42 year old player that is tearing it up in the CPL that is slightly above what the USL has to offer at the time, he should be called up because you should call the CPL players rather than for example a rising youngster tearing it up in the USL but just not as much, even if they are unlikely to get any playing time?

21 minutes ago, deschamp86 said:

So if there is a 42 year old player that is tearing it up in USL that is slightly above what the CPL has to offer at the time, he should be called up because you should call the best players possible, even if they are unlikely to get any playing time?

I mean, sure, if you want to delve into ridiculous straw-man arguments. Knock yourself out.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Pasher scores his eighth of the season......is anyone at CSA watching??

He is 26...and in the USL, but could he benefit like Kaye did from a CMNT call up. 

I think the form he is in would warrant the 23rd spot, but he would be unfortunate considering the younger dual internationals that should be prioritized. 

• 4 months later...

Regardless of whether or not this guy ever suits up for the NT, I am excited to see how he does in the MLS. Have to respect a grinder like this, and such an interesting career path. Usually wide players move to a more defensive role (winger to fullback)* in order to progress their career, but he transitioned to a more attacking role.

*This is anecdotal, but seems right

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Shway said:

Heres the press release.
https://www.houstondynamofc.com/post/2021/01/14/houston-dynamo-fc-sign-winger-tyler-pasher-indy-eleven

I kinda wanted to see him get one of the replacement call ups

18 minutes ago, canadianbacons said:

Exciting news for Pasher. Definitely has earned the move up. 

Should have been called into the Jan. camp instead of Shaff, who didn't play much at all this year.

Agreed. Now that he is in MLS, I hope he gets a called in March to replace a semi-suspended Cavallini.